Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Godge wrote: »
    Adams claims the IRA expelled sex abusers and rapists one day.
    Adams claims the next day he knows nothing about it.

He is lying on one of those occasions, pure and simple.
    When did he say he didn't know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

he claims the IRA expelled sex abusers and rapists or shot them. he doesnt deny that
    Adams claims the IRA expelled sex abusers and rapists one day.
    Adams claims the next day he knows nothing about it.

He is lying on one of those occasions, pure and simple.

if it went to the police (which it did) and then went to court, how is anyone covering anything up?
    mrbrianj wrote: »
    I maybe wrong here, but the victim has reported the rape in the past to the PSNI.
    This may be the why Enda is not witholding information from the police as they are already aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Maccored seems to know, he is the one going around saying it, mind you he hasn't produced a link yet.
    maccored wrote: »
    He said yesterday :

"I again reject the Taoiseach & FF Leaders malicious allegation that I have any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else!"

He's obviously lying though, yes? like, he is a shinner after all so he MUST be lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

This is just Godge, doing what Enda, disgracefully, did in the Dail yesterday when he tried and failed to imply that Adams said something he didn't.

• Advertisement

Maccored seems to know, he is the one going around saying it, mind you he hasn't produced a link yet.
    So a guy on boards sarcastically pulling the piss out of your argument is the one and only source you have for Gerry Adams denying any knowledge that the IRA dealt with sex abuse cases?
    Wow. Compelling evidence. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

donfers wrote: »
    very little damage I'd assume - indeed it could entrench their vote as the perception of a hypocritical media-led witch hunt gathers more and more steam with the impression taking hold among many on the left that Miss Cahill is merely being used by establishment parties as a stick to beat Sinn Fein with - a cheap opportunistic party political stunt rather than a genuine concern for the victim and the issue of how child abuse was dealt with in a foreign jurisdiction 20 years ago.

I predict Sinn Fein to hold steady at around 25%, the mud keeps getting thrown at them but it's not sticking - the disappeared, ink cartridges, the Adams arrest, no matter what the issue, no matter how trivial or profound the Sinn Fein vote has proved immune to criticism from certain quarters for the simple reason that the people who are outraged by Sinn Fein would never have voted for them anyway. The only consequence of this kind of stuff is the outraged group will become more outraged and the Sinn Fein vote more emboldened as a kind of siege mentality envelops the party. They could very well be strengthened by this, the lack of foresight shown by the same old sources seeking to discredit them astounds me; they constantly merely preach to the converted.

One final point; the comparisons between the Catholic Church and the IRA in terms of how they dealt with child abuse fall down on one key issue; the republicans in the North had zero faith in the RUC to police any matter within that community (and oftentimes with good reason) - the Church had no such excuse. Thus the kangaroo courts came into being notwithstanding the fact that it's as far from an appropriate and adequate a way of dealing with the issue as you can imagine, which Adams himself has admitted - however the larger socio-political context should be acknowledged instead of lazily and perhaps disingenuously equating the two groups.

I don't think SF supporters or Republicans are getting what is going on here, there's an incredible level of unselfawareness going on here!

Adams calling the 4 IRA members good men might go down well in a SF/ Wolfe Tone event, not in Dail Eireann with rape victims and child abuse victims watching.

This isn't another spat over Gerrys membership of the IRA or McGuinness, you are 100% right there, that doesn't really matter and I've posted the exact same as you on here. People have their minds made up over that anyway and that's mostly political point scoring.

This has parallels to the Church, supporters can deny it but they are totally missing the point. If more stuff comes out that shows the IRA ordered paedophiles and rapists to go abroad or down South, that's exactly the same thing.

You can explain about the RUC, but when you're explaining your losing, especially in sexual abuse cases. As Denis Bradley said, the old IRA types like Cahill would have had the cop on to put up their hands and say "we can't touch this stuff, it's totally outside our area and expertise", particularly when this involved an IRA member. It doesn't matter about the RUC, play politics with that in normal day to day IRA policing, but not in sexual abuse cases. Send them to the authorities so the victim can get help.

TLDR: It's one thing denying IRA membership (which doesn't put most people off), it's totally another thing if Adams hasn't the self awareness to cop on what's involved here, which it seems he needs to be reminded, are rape and child sexual abuse victims. All responsibilities to ex IRA members are superceded by that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Any news on Enda bringing these allegations he has been told about to the proper authority's,surly he would not set up his own kangaroo court in the dail himself to run up to the GE,Oh wait,is that a dail committee I hear being set up and run by political opponents of SF and its rise in the polls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

So a guy on boards sarcastically pulling the piss out of your argument is the one and only source you have for Gerry Adams denying any knowledge that the IRA dealt with sex abuse cases?
    Wow. Compelling evidence. Case closed.

So you also believe he does know about the sex abusers and rapists sent South. That is good, we are in agreement.

Next we need to discuss what he needs to do with that knowledge.

One of the mods on here named the man accused of the rape on this thread a few days ago if you read back!

A mod of another forum maybe, definitely not a politics mod.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »

You can explain about the RUC, but when you're explaining your losing, especially in sexual abuse cases. As Denis Bradley said, the old IRA types like Cahill would have had the cop on to put up their hands and say "we can't touch this stuff, it's totally outside our area and expertise", particularly when this involved an IRA member. It doesn't matter about the RUC, play politics with that in normal day to day IRA policing, but not in sexual abuse cases. Send them to the authorities so the victim can get help.

Is that not exactly what Gerry is claiming he did here? :confused:

that direct quote is on GA's facebook page so Im sure its on his twitter account as well. He posted it last night.

here it is again considing Godge has already misrepresented what I posted:

"I again reject the Taoiseach & FF Leaders malicious allegation that I have any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else!"

That is NOT denying any knowledge of sex offences Godge. He is saying he doesnt have "any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else". Completely different thing.

Jaysus, imagine if this was a thread about the church, the defence would be laughable in some instances.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Is that not exactly what Gerry is claiming he did here? :confused:

Indeed, so he says, but it seems there's a huge variance in the two stories. As Ms. Cahill said, she wasn't meeting Gerry to see his teddy bear collection!

But we now know kangaroo courts did happen and Gerry has apologised for how sexual abuse victims were dealt with.

how is the IRA - in an environment where people didnt trust the police force - have any resemblance to church abuse - which happened in a state where there was no issue going to the police?
    Jaysus, imagine if this was a thread about the church, the defence would be laughable in some instances.

are we just going to repeat crap constantly? theres plenty of quotes from adams about the 'personal issues' verses 'rape' discussion. and to think you never knew the IRA couldnt go to the police and ran their own court and justice system. thats terrible considering the place is only up the road and you have so little knowledge of what was happening.
    Indeed, so he says, but it seems there's a huge variance in the two stories. As Ms. Cahill said, she wasn't meeting Gerry to see his teddy bear collection!

But we now know kangaroo courts did happen and Gerry has apologised for how sexual abuse victims were dealt with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

how is the IRA - in an environment where people didnt trust the police force

You are being completely inconsistent now.

On one hand you are saying that the community did not engage and trust the police, and then on the other you are absolutely slating Mairia Cahill for not going to the police. Which is it?

Indeed, so he says, but it seems there's a huge variance in the two stories. .

And in the absence of any shred of verifiable proof, are you saying that you are not allowed to defend allegations made against you?

I dont know about you, but Im talking about reality. ms cahill SAID HERSELF she didnt trust the police. its obvious the IRA didnt either. which bit is confusing you?

On one hand you are saying that the community did not engage and trust the police, and then on the other you are absolutely slating Mairia Cahill for not going to the police. Which is it?

Lets not forget, Maria Cahill DID go to the police, albeit eventually and Gerry did co-operate with them when they launched an inquiry in to a claim of sexual abuse.

• Advertisement

which makes a mockery of the claims of a coverup.
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    Lets not forget, Maria Cahill DID go to the police, albeit eventually and Gerry did co-operate with them when they launched an inquiry in to a claim of sexual abuse.

which makes a mockery of the claims of a coverup.

the bleeding obvious flying over heads again. :D

how is the IRA - in an environment where people didnt trust the police force - have any resemblance to church abuse - which happened in a state where there was no issue going to the police?

Often they didn't go to the police, it's why Daly ended up resigning, Catholic Church kangaroo court scenarios. Is it that hard to admit the IRA is the wrong organisation to deal with sex abuse cases, especially concerning an IRA member? Really, if you can't admit that there's no point continuing.
    are we just going to repeat crap constantly? theres plenty of quotes from adams about the 'personal issues' verses 'rape' discussion. and to think you never knew the IRA couldnt go to the police and ran their own court and justice system. thats terrible considering the place is only up the road and you have so little knowledge of what was happening.

The IRA could go to the police about sexual abuse cases, they chose not to. That's the difference. Often the RC did the same.

Just because you are incapable of seeing the other side doesn't mean they don't have valid opinions.

There's that lack of self awareness and empathy that was prevalent with SF/IRA members.

Is it that hard to admit the IRA is the wrong organisation to deal with sex abuse cases, especially concerning an IRA member?

Has Gerry Adams and every other Public repesentative of SF not done that also?

Often they didn't go to the police, it's why Daly ended up resigning, Catholic Church kangaroo court scenarios. Is it that hard to admit the IRA is the wrong organisation to deal with sex abuse cases, especially concerning an IRA member? Really, if you can't admit that there's no point continuing.

what was the choice then? do not say 'the RUC' as that just isnt based in reality. Plus - of course the IRA was not the organisation to deal with sexual abuse. but again - what option was there in that environment? Social services etc was suggested to ms cahill.

The IRA could go to the police about sexual abuse cases, they chose not to. That's the difference. Often the RC did the same.

Just because you are incapable of seeing the other side doesn't mean they don't have valid opinions.

There's that lack of self awareness and empathy that was prevalent with SF/IRA members.

if you think the IRA could go to the RUC about issues then you live in cuckoo land.

Jaysus, if if if if then if if if.

So you also believe he does know about the sex abusers and rapists sent South. That is good, we are in agreement.

Next we need to discuss what he needs to do with that knowledge.

Now that's a direct lie about what I said.
    I said he knew about the IRA courts for sexual abuse cases. You fabricated the bit where I supposedly agreed he knew about offenders being sent south.

SF smear campaigners, get back to us on the IRA disclosing all proceedings of their justice system "just like the church did" when it's illegal to be a member of the church.

tipptom wrote: »
    So you agree that he should not have been named on boards by a moderator irregardless of if he was mentioned on a hostile irish media who wanted to play politics with this regardless if it was going to definably prejudicing a potential trial of an alleged rapist that still could have been convicted in a court of law,and a trial that GA could have been cross examined on his role and advice to the alleged victim.

This isn't really the thread for it, there's a discussion on the rules thread on the main page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Interesting segment on Newstalk at lunchtime on concerns over the monitoring of a paedophile ring in Donegal which segwayed seamlessly into a discussion on the Maria Cahill allegations.

Media finally starting to put 2 and 2 together on this.
    Well done Newstalk.

We're awaiting your answers My Adams - when it comes to the protection of our State's children you'll find the public far less inclined to accept your bluster about not really knowing anything about IRA activities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement