Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

He said yesterday :
    I again reject the Taoiseach & FF Leaders malicious allegation that I have any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else!

He's obviously lying though, yes? like, he is a shinner after all so he MUST be lying.
    I think the safest option at this stage, in order to protect the citizens of our State, would be for the Guards to take Gerry in for formal questioning to establish what he knows about the relocation of rapists and child-molesters in the Republic of Ireland.

This is too important an issue to politicise and the safety of children may be at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    It's a bit early for that.
    I'd suggest a drip feed of new victims of child abuse over the next few months first, then call the General Election and have him arrested in the run up to that.
    That's the best way to make political capital out of all this for FFail/FG/'labour'.

Why is it always about the elections and the votes and protecting the party with you?

Do you not agree that whoever in the SF/IRA machine who banished rapists and sex abusers to the South should come forward now and give the names to the Gardai and the PSNI?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's a bit early for that.
    I'd suggest a drip feed of new victims of child abuse over the next few months first, then call the General Election and have him arrested in the run up to that.
    That's the best way to make political capital out of all this for FFail/FG/'labour'.

And the revelations of further abuse would be bad because?

what has actions the IRA done a few decades ago, got to do with present day SF in the Dail?
    Godge wrote: »
    Why is it always about the elections and the votes and protecting the party with you?

Do you not agree that whoever in the SF/IRA machine who banished rapists and sex abusers to the South should come forward now and give the names to the Gardai and the PSNI?

maccored wrote: »
    He said yesterday :

"I again reject the Taoiseach & FF Leaders malicious allegation that I have any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else!"

He's obviously lying though, yes? like, he is a shinner after all so he MUST be lying.

But he said the day before:

"The IRA on occasion shot alleged sex offenders or expelled them"

http://leargas.blogspot.ie/

On which occasion was he lying?

• Advertisement

what has actions the IRA done a few decades ago, got to do with present day SF in the Dail?

Because many IRA members are in the Dail - Martin Ferris and Dessie Ellis just two that we know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Aren't they all supposed to be patriots? And decent people?

Shouldn't they all be willing to put their freedom at risk in order to ensure that the nation's children are protected from the sex predators that they have let loose to roam the countryside?

Has Enda gone to the PSNI or the Gardai with all this information he has now been given by Maria Cahill?
    Surely if he hasn't, he is now breaking the law by withholding information on an alleged crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

No idea if he's lying or not, but he may very well be.

Let's bring him in and question him to be on the safe-side though.

so now you say they shot them, they expelled them and all the while, they were really hiding them. They either protected and hid them, or they shot or expelled them. one or the other.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

adams states they didnt discuss rape, they discussed the fact she had 'personal problems'. its all there if you could be bothered reading up on it.

And do you honestly think that is credible? Given the fact that the 'personal problems' arose due to her having been sexually abused and forced to undergo a Kangaroo court where she was forced to face her abuser in person in a totally unprofessional manner? And given that Cahill had been raising her concerns with other members of SF/IRA at the same time?

• Advertisement

you admit you dont know if he is lying or not, yet you keep up the pretence that he IS lying. very good.
    No idea if he's lying or not, but he may very well be.

Let's bring him in and question him to be on the safe-side though.

Because many IRA members are in the Dail - Martin Ferris and Dessie Ellis just two that we know about.

And the people who voted them in there would have known that.
    Have you heard of democracy and the democratic process?
    Have you heard about the laws these people enact?
    Have you heard about the court systems and how victims have access to them?

I have already stated I have no idea. I dont see it as inconceivable though, do you? Can you imagine the scenario? Would a person describe rape initially as a 'personal problem' or would they go straight into all the details? It doesnt seem strange to me that they may have initially talked about it as a personal problem. Adams has said that as soon as he realised it was rape, that he advised Joe Cahill to bring it to the RUC. That doesnt seem far fetched to me - though as I ve said already, I dont know which one is telling the truth. that doesnt mean SF were involved in any kind of cover up though, so Im at a loss to see how thats being tied in. plus considering no-one at the time trusted the RUC, how was anything covered up anyway?

As for the IRA and kangaroo courts - thats the IRA and thats how things were. bit late in the day to be giving out about that.
    And do you honestly think that is credible? Given the fact that the 'personal problems' arose due to her having been sexually abused and forced to undergo a Kangaroo court where she was forced to face her abuser in person?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have already stated I have no idea. I dont see it as inconceivable though, do you? Can you imagine the scenario? Would a person describe rape initially as a 'personal problem' or would they go straight into all the details? It doesnt seem strange to me that they may have initially talked about it as a personal problem. Adams has said that as soon as he realised it was rape, that he advised Joe Cahill to bring it to the RUC. That doesnt seem far fetched to me - though as I ve said already, I dont know which one is telling the truth. that doesnt mean SF were involved in any kind of cover up though, so Im at a loss to see how thats being tied in.

I think it is inconceivable that it would not have arose in conversation considering the circumstances.

Has Enda gone to the PSNI or the Gardai with all this information he has now been given by Maria Cahill?
    Surely if he hasn't, he is now breaking the law by withholding information on an alleged crime?

This is disingenuous in the extreme.

SF/IRA vigilantes have first-hand knowledge of the actions of sexual abusers and rapists from the interrogation and probable torture of the suspects. Nobody else, bar the frightened victims have such knowledge.

SF/IRA can show leadership by making the kangaroo court judges go to the PSNI and the Gardai. Until they do so, victims will not feel safe in doing so.

The solution to this is in the hands of SF/IRA if they want to do the right thing. It will be at the expense of their standing and reputation but that should be a small price to pay for the safety of the children.

No sign of Mary Lou McDonald in the Dáil today to take leaders questions as is the norm every Thursday.

I'll refer anyone to my post above. No.849.
    Maria Cahill met with Enda Kenny yesterday to discuss the people allegedly involved in a 'kangaroo court' system.
    I'm sure she has named names other than Gerry Adams in regard to this.
    Has the taoiseach of this country gone to the PSNI or the Gardai with this information?

That's quite a simple question.

If he now has information regarding these 'crimes' he has a legal duty to report them, otherwise he may be guilty of an offence himself.

he doesnt deny that it did arise. just not in the initial conversation.
    I think it is inconceivable that it would not have arose in conversation considering the circumstances.

I think a lot of this will be clearer once the PPI reviews the court case. at least we might find out why ms cahill backed out when she learned of Adam's bodyguard taking the stand. One has to wonder why she would fear him in court, yet not outside it.

It's not disingenuous at all.
    You're whole case has been about why people didn't go to the authorities and use the correct channels instead of 'kangaroo courts'

Why now, doesn't the taoiseach of this country use the correct channels and report information given to him about alleged crimes?
    It's quite basic really.
    Either you believe in the processes of law and order or you don't.
    Or do those same laws just apply when it suits?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Aren't they all supposed to be patriots? And decent people?

Shouldn't they all be willing to put their freedom at risk in order to ensure that the nation's children are protected from the sex predators that they have let loose to roam the countryside?
    Shouldn't they definitely be jailed for something you allege?
    Maybe in your dreamland.

so now you say they shot them, they expelled them and all the while, they were really hiding them. They either protected and hid them, or they shot or expelled them. one or the other.

What are you on about? We are talking about what Gerry Adams says. I am not saying anything about what happened, I am just trying to get to the truth of what Gerry said.

Here is what you posted:
    He said yesterday :

"I again reject the Taoiseach & FF Leaders malicious allegation that I have any info re abusers being moved across border or any where else!"

Here is what he said the day before

Quite clearly, as you say yourself "He's obviously lying though, yes". The question is, on which occasion is he lying, in the Dail or in his blog.

Either he doesn't know they were expelled or he does know they were expelled. The two statements contradict each other. It doesn't matter which I believe but it is now clear that Gerry Adams is lying about something.

(1) Maybe you acolytes have been correct all along. Maybe Gerry was never in the IRA, maybe he never knew what was going on. All along for the last 40 years he has puffed out his chest and pretended to be one of the big hard men when all along the real hard men were laughing behind his back, look at yer man, who does he think he is. So yeah, maybe his blog post was more of that false bravado. I know what went on, I know the sex abusers were expelled, but then one of the real hardies comes over to Gerry "It didn't happen". "Oh" says Gerry and then he tells the Dail the real truth that he knows nothing.

(2) Or maybe he lied to the Dail

Take your pick.

It's also inconceivable that Maria Cahill did not name people in her meetings with the taoiseach yesterday.
    Has Enda gone to the PSNI or the Gardai yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

SF/IRA can show leadership by making the kangaroo court judges go to the PSNI and the Gardai. Until they do so, victims will not feel safe in doing so.
    So basically you want all the IRA to turn themselves in and admit to membership and go to jail.
    Well at least you're not shy about advertising your real motives here.

he doesnt deny that it did arise. just not in the initial conversation.

That is not true.

This is a direct quote from Gerry Adams that he made RTE Radio One last Thursday.
    "She didn't raise it (rape allegation) and I never raised it. If I have it right we never discussed rape allegations. She was in some personal difficulty, presumably because of this rape allegation.

Are you telling me the story has changed again?

wheres the issue here?

HE claims the IRA shot people. he also claims he doesnt know of any abusers who were sent south.

YOU though claim he does know of abusers that were sent south arent you? You support the claim SF protected these people, dont you? These are the things Adams denies. thats what im 'on about'.

"Quite clearly, as you say yourself "He's obviously lying though, yes". "

Sarcasm seems to pass you by.
    What are you on about? We are talking about what Gerry Adams says. I am not saying anything about what happened, I am just trying to get to the truth of what Gerry said.

Here is what you posted:

Here is what he said the day before

Quite clearly, as you say yourself "He's obviously lying though, yes". The question is, on which occasion is he lying, in the Dail or in his blog.

Either he doesn't know they were expelled or he does know they were expelled. The two statements contradict each other. It doesn't matter which I believe but it is now clear that Gerry Adams is lying about something.

(1) Maybe you acolytes have been correct all along. Maybe Gerry was never in the IRA, maybe he never knew what was going on. All along for the last 40 years he has puffed out his chest and pretended to be one of the big hard men when all along the real hard men were laughing behind his back, look at yer man, who does he think he is. So yeah, maybe his blog post was more of that false bravado. I know what went on, I know the sex abusers were expelled, but then one of the real hardies comes over to Gerry "It didn't happen". "Oh" says Gerry and then he tells the Dail the real truth that he knows nothing.

(2) Or maybe he lied to the Dail

Take your pick.

thats a quote about their initial meeting. Adams said that himself. he also said in that same interview that when he learned that it was rape he advised it be brought to the RUC. He also says ms cahill's cousin, who arranged the meeting also didnt know about the rape at that time - but sure dont worry about those pesky little bits that dont suit your argument.
    That is not true.

This is a direct quote from Gerry Adams that he made RTE Radio One last Thursday.

Are you telling me the story has changed again?

wheres the issue here?

HE claims the IRA shot people. he also claims he doesnt know of any abusers who were sent south.

YOU though claim he does know of abusers that were sent south arent you? You support the claim SF protected these people, dont you? These are the things Adams denies. thats what im 'on about'.

Adams claims the IRA expelled sex abusers and rapists one day.
    Adams claims the next day he knows nothing about it.

He is lying on one of those occasions, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭mrbrianj

It's also inconceivable that Maria Cahill did not name people in her meetings with the taoiseach yesterday.
    Has Enda gone to the PSNI or the Gardai yet?

I maybe wrong here, but the victim has reported the rape in the past to the PSNI.
    This may be the why Enda is not witholding information from the police as they are already aware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

I'll refer anyone to my post above. No.849.
    Maria Cahill met with Enda Kenny yesterday to discuss the people allegedly involved in a 'kangaroo court' system.
    I'm sure she has named names other than Gerry Adams in regard to this.
    Has the taoiseach of this country gone to the PSNI or the Gardai with this information?

That's quite a simple question.

If he now has information regarding these 'crimes' he has a legal duty to report them, otherwise he may be guilty of an offence himself.

I m sure that is a Question for Enda himself and unless he on here you are only going to get speculation or lies. oh no not again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement