Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    You "remind" them and then their popularity goes up. Almost as if they can see (not too hard really) right through a tissue thin smear campaign by the golden circle and cronies.

I'll ask again

Simple question

Do you believe that Maíria Cahill has lied about being raped by a member of the IRA and then "interviewed" by Gerry Adams and members of the IRA?

If so, why did she lie and what has she to gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I'll ask again

It's kinda obvious in the stridency of her calls, what she has to gain...the resignation of Gerry Adams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'll ask again
    Apparently nobody involved believes she wasn't raped, so I'll believe that.
    The rest I don't know, but she hasn't made any case really as she has rejected multiple "official" state mechanisms for justice while allowing herself to become a pawn for the golden circle. She appears to be very confused as to what exactly she's doing, or the people handling her are.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It's kinda obvious in the stridency of her calls, what she has to gain...the resignation of Gerry Adams.
    Right now TBH this is the thing that appears to be foremost in her and her handlers' minds.

The rest I don't know, but she hasn't made any case really as she has rejected multiple "official" state mechanisms for justice while allowing herself to become a pawn for the golden circle. She appears to be very confused as to what exactly she's doing, or the people handling her are.

If what the 4 defendants in her original trial are correct it could all unravel very viciously on her. Whoever is advising her (and somebody is, you don't get that kinda pr and frenzy without somebody with a lot of media experience behind you) deserves a lot of the blame for that.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »

How does she gain from that? Is it not more likely that she wants the truth to be known? Or do SF supporters always call shenanigans every time their illustrious leader is proven to be a liar?

CT forum>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Esel wrote: »
    Wan't it apparently the case that she withdrew when she learned that a certain individual was going to testify for the defence?

Is there anymore info on the circumstances surrounding this or who the individual was?

Has there been any clear reason why she caused the trial to collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

People believe her about the abuse. Many of us though dont really know if she's telling the truth or not after that. The reason I personally am suspicious is because it's already been to court and she backed out of it. why bring it up now and decide to go through the media rather than the courts? Its got nothing to do with illustrious leaders. in fact that kind of bull**** is pretty childish and not worthy of a debate.
    How does she gain from that? Is it not more likely that she wants the truth to be known? Or do SF supporters always call shenanigans every time their illustrious leader is proven to be a liar?

She obviously feels very let down by the republican movement. Forcing Adams to resign surely would scratch that itch? I really dont think people understand that SF wont change when Adams stands down. It'll still be the same SF with the same ideals.

• Advertisement

How does she gain from that?

I don't know the answer to that, I'm sorry, I don't know the woman.
    But it could be a personal vendetta, she has been told this is how she will get justice for her rape, she could be bitter, like a lot of previous 'alligators'. Who knows.
    If she wants Gerry Adams to resign, and she does, then she will gain if he does. Stands to reason, no?

Which was when? Go on, repeat the "lie" here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,106 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is there anymore info on the circumstances surrounding this or who the individual was?

Pretty sure I heard it on the Spolight programme. I was multitasking on the laptop at the time, so didn't take it in 100%.

Maybe someone else can give more detail?

Not your ornery onager

Was the trial not the correct forum for trying to get her side of the story out and also obtaining justice. With all of the discussion in recent days, this glaringly obvious point seems to be avoided

CT forum>>>>>
    ^^^^ Naïve enough to think nobody in Irish politics has an agenda.

that has been mentioned on one of the numerous threads - but usually anyone who says that gets referred to as supporting rape in one shape or another.
    Was the trial not the correct forum for trying to get her side of the story out and also obtaining justice. With all of the discussion in recent days, this glaringly obvious point seems to be avoided

, this glaringly obvious

'The glaringly obvious' routinely flies over the heads of the cyber-outraged. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tosca1

CT forum>>>>>

Was Ms Cahill not on the executive of Oghra na h Eireann? Will the establishment parties be as quick to condemn her for that - strikes me they are all selective for their own personal motives and are using Ms Cahill as another bandwagon to jump on.

maccored wrote: »
    that has been mentioned on one of the numerous threads - but usually anyone who says that gets referred to as supporting rape in one shape or another.
    My favourite one over the last few days was if you disagreed that SF should disband and GA be shot you were "blaming the victim".

Tosca1 wrote: »
    Was Ms Cahill not on the executive of Oghra na h Eireann? Will the establishment parties be as quick to condemn her for that - strikes me they are all selective for their own personal motives and are using Ms Cahill as another bandwagon to jump on.
    No such thing?

I think she was on the executive of Ogra Sinn Fein (.i.e. Sinn Fein Youth or whatever) alright.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

She also said the RUC were not fit for purpose. Don't see too many golden circle parties shouting out agreement on that for some reason. I guess they'd have to admit the IRA was a necessity for Catholics in NI, which would hardly be on, would it.

She was also 'politically opposed to the RUC' (her own words in the Spotlight programme) allegedly up until 2005 (MLA interview) so, one would presume she was happy that the IRA filled the law and order vacuum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

One of the mods on here named the man accused of the rape on this thread a few days ago if you read back!

One of the mods on here named the man accused of the rape on this thread a few days ago if you read back!
    We are not talking about the alleged rapist, rather someone who was going to give evidence on his behalf.

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

And I have not heard her asked that once in all the interviews she has done!

We are not talking about the alleged rapist, rather someone who was going to give evidence on his behalf.
    Are they not also anonymous to protect the anonymity of the defendant and victim?

Are they not also anonymous to protect the anonymity of the defendant and victim?
    I did not ask for the identity of the witness.

Not your ornery onager

The man accused of rape is well known. Who is the person that was going to give evidence that resulted in her collapsing the trial.

I did not ask for the identity of the witness.
    Sorry, I thought you meant one of the witnesses was named earlier in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

Awwwwww

Dodging the tough questions today aren't we?

Let me rephrase it for you so as not to upset your sensibilities

Simple question

Do you believe that Maíria Cahill has lied about being raped by a member of the IRA and then "interviewed" by Gerry Adams and members of the IRA?

If so, why did she lie and what has she to gain?

Did he answer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement