Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Godge wrote: »
    Well, if the four decent people who interrogated him on behalf of the IRA were to come forward and give evidence for the prosecution, I am sure he would be convicted.

Oh, that would mean admitting membership of an illegal organisation, so they aren't decent enough to put their own interests second to ensure the children of the State are protected from a child sex abusing monster.
    Answer the question,where is your evidence and do you think that its right that he is named ensuring that he can never be brought to trial and where GA could be questioned as part of this trial, if that is what you are really looking for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

To most people, SF and IRA are interchangeable terms when you are talking about Gerry Adams. )

They may very well be, but the idea that you would separate the two when making an allegation is a huge stretch.
    As is, 'I was afraid off and intimidated and traumatised by the IRA so I went to somebody I knew was in the IRA to talk about it.

Makes no semblance of sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Can you explain the anomaly in Cahill's statements then as all the anti SF posters are running from it.

What anomaly?.
    BTW its interesting to see how well the SF PR machine has kicked in with the constant posting by yourself and others who have been posting all day every day since the controversy began. All the whataboutery beloved by republicians to deflect attention from the real issue (clerical abuse, water charges, Louise O Keefe etc).
    The republician poster who tok the biscuit though was the guy said there was a war situation in the north and in war rape happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

While Enda is steam rolling meetings with selective abuse victims and raising their cases in Dail Eireann for political gain, he is sitting on his hands on implementing child protection legislation and refusing to meet survivors of abuse who might embarrass him politically.

There is no argument from me there. But again it is a change of subject to make someone else the accused. A political stunt like a party line. Get someone else into the debate and vilify them for a while. stall stall stall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Then it is only your opinion that he wasnt in the IRA. So why argue so ardently wit those whose opinion is that he was in the IRA. We are all just really offering our opinions.
    I wouldnt condemn him for being in the IRA. There is in fact a better way of life now because of the struggle of the IRA. Just dont trample on everyone for doing what you are doing and expressing their opinion
    Ah, another fill in the blanks with a prejudice/guess merchant.
    I was never asked for my opinion. I was asked so state categorically if he was in the IRA.
    My opinion is that he was in the IRA if you must know. OMG! JUST LIKE YOU!
    Now, why would Cahill speak to Adams, who we all think is an IRA man, if she wanted nothing to do with the IRA?

• Advertisement

What anomaly?.
    BTW its interesting to see how well the SF PR machine has kicked in with the constant posting by yourself and others who have been posting all day every day since the controversy began. All the whataboutery beloved by republicians to deflect attention from the real issue (clerical abuse, water charges, Louise O Keefe etc).
    The republician poster who tok the biscuit though was the guy said there was a war situation in the north and in war rape happens!

Yes I forgot that 1. Thanks for bringing it up. Great reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Can you explain the anomaly in Cahill's statements then as all the anti SF posters are running from it.

I am not sure there are anomalies in her statements , and even if there were it is par for the course for historic cases . Posters need to stop picking over her statements . The rape happened that is accepted - what more is there.

Anyway I am out of this train wreck of a thread but I will tell you one thing for an absolute certainty - SF will come to regret in major way not getting out in front of this on day one with full exposure .

If we know anything by now it is that no one wins with sexual abuse.

What anomaly?.
    Oh yeah, and nobody's been posting all day every day on the SF smear campaign have they.
    How objective your observational skills are.
    If I'm part of SF PR I'm still waiting for my paychecque.

There is no argument from me there. But again it is a change of subject to make someone else the accused. A political stunt like a party line. Get someone else into the debate and vilify them for a while. stall stall stall.

Enda is vilifying people in our Dail chamber while he himself is sitting on crucial child protection legislation and refusing to meet survivors of abuse and pointing out the hypocrisy in that is a 'political stunt'? Jesus H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/ourview/maiacuteria-cahill-affairnbspa-vile-attempt-at-distraction-292255.html

"In this organisation’s long, shabby history of spinning, bending and deflecting the truth this claim ranks among the most vile. The man was never charged with raping Ms Cahill, rather he was charged with being a member of the IRA and acquitted on that charge alone. He was however helped to “leave the jurisdiction” by the IRA. For Sinn Féin figures to try to suggest otherwise may not be surprising but it is another example of this organisation’s deep, visceral dishonesty, a dishonesty made all the more dangerous because it is rooted in dangerous fantasies."

Is this true? It is in the Irish Examiner. If true, it makes the defences put up by the Dear Leader Gerry's apologists and acolytes on these boards look even worse than they are.

• Advertisement

While Enda is steam rolling meetings with selective abuse victims and raising their cases in Dail Eireann for political gain, he is sitting on his hands on implementing child protection legislation and refusing to meet survivors of abuse who might embarrass him politically.
    Any comment Godge, or does your hypocrisy, like Enda's, know no bounds.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/enda-kenny-confirms-commitment-to-meet-louise-o-keeffe-1.1954625
    Absolutely confirms if it at all was needed that this is one of the most sleeveen politicians that ever took office in the history of this state and will use use suicide victims and the abused to try to retain his own and his party's power base towards the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

no one denies a rape happened. take it to the courts where it belongs. I think SF have given as much full exposure as they can - unless of course you are one of these people who think SF are in fact the IRA, and that now, almost 20 years later, they have all the answers. But then again, it'd be a bit silly to think like that, so I assume you arent one of those.
    marienbad wrote: »
    I am not sure there are anomalies in her statements , and even if there were it is par for the course for historic cases . Posters need to stop picking over her statements . The rape happened that is accepted - what more is there.

Anyway I am out of this train wreck of a thread but I will tell you one thing for an absolute certainty - SF will come to regret in major way not getting out in front of this on day one with full exposure .

If we know anything by now it is that no one wins with sexual abuse.

"he was charged with being a member of the IRA and acquitted on that charge alone."
    Oh dear.
    This doesn't help your case much that the IRA were protecting sex abusers in the IRA when this guy wasn't actually in the IRA at all.
    Oops.

EDIT: Wait, now I remember you don't care whether people are proven to be guilty of things or not as your personal opinion is far more important...

maccored wrote: »
    no one denies a rape happened. take it to the courts where it belongs. I think SF have given as much full exposure as they can - unless of course you are one of these people who think SF are in fact the IRA, and that now, almost 20 years later, they have all the answers. But then again, it'd be a bit silly to think like that, so I assume you arent one of those.
    No, apparently what they are supposed to do is turn up at their local PSNI office and say "I'm in the IRA. Now we ran these courts years ago..." and then hope they ignore about the "I'm in the IRA" bit at the start.

No the accused is getting of scot free because of the chase by FG/FF/irish media to get at a political opponent, its obvious nobody cares about the accused to whether he gets of or not but it suits your agenda to go after the person who did not rape her bizarrely, why would that be then?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/ourview/maiacuteria-cahill-affairnbspa-vile-attempt-at-distraction-292255.html

"In this organisation’s long, shabby history of spinning, bending and deflecting the truth this claim ranks among the most vile. The man was never charged with raping Ms Cahill, rather he was charged with being a member of the IRA and acquitted on that charge alone. He was however helped to “leave the jurisdiction” by the IRA. For Sinn Féin figures to try to suggest otherwise may not be surprising but it is another example of this organisation’s deep, visceral dishonesty, a dishonesty made all the more dangerous because it is rooted in dangerous fantasies."

Is this true? It is in the Irish Examiner. If true, it makes the defences put up by the Dear Leader Gerry's apologists and acolytes on these boards look even worse than they are.

Not according to your oracle of the truth, The Indepndent;
    Mairia did go to the police and made a formal statement in 2010 when she was in her late 20s. Four years later, an investigation by the PSNI resulted in charges of IRA membership being brought against five people - including Morris who was also charged with abuse. All charges were later withdrawn and all were acquitted.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-fully-support-my-brave-mairia-says-her-father-30674849.html

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I was never asked for my opinion. I was asked so state categorically if he was in the IRA.
    Now, why would Cahill speak to Adams, who we all think is an IRA man, if she wanted nothing to do with the IRA?

Ok Dan you see we not that different at all. Gerry Adams is innocent till proven guilty I know that. It is my opinion that he was probably in the IRA. It is my opinion that he knew all about this case and who the accused was. It is my opinion that he and all others involved should go to the police force either north or south and give evidence to them and have the accused tried for the rape and let the democratic court system decide on the innocence or guilt of the accused. simple. I also believe the accused is innocent till proven guilty. A kangaroo court decision counts for nothing with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Adams has already admitted that he met with Cahill. What do you think they discussed, considering he was aware that she had been sexually abused and subject to a Kangaroo court? Do you think it did not come up in conversation at least once?

tipptom wrote: »
    No the accused is getting of scot free because of the chase by FG/FF/irish media to get at a political opponent, its obvious nobody cares about the accused to whether he gets of or not but it suits your agenda to go after the person who did not rape her bizarrely, why would that be then?

Read my last post

• Registered Users Posts: 25,474 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Adams has already admitted that he met with Cahill. What do you think they discussed, considering he was aware that she had been sexually abused and subject to a Kangaroo court? Do you think it did not come up in conversation at least once?

Gerry's next excuse

i was just following orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Winty wrote: »
    Martin McGuinness has told the world the truth and he has the top job in N. Ireland so why can Mr Adams the man who put the nail in Jean's coffin

He has in his arse. He plays down his role in the IRA saying he was 'only 18' when he joined and left after a couple of years. Like a lot of them he appears never to have shot anyone or blew anyone to pieces or ordered it to be done. He insinuates that he was only more or less making the tea for the IRA.

Gerry's next excuse

i was just following orders
    Random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I think the safest option at this stage, in order to protect the citizens of our State, would be for the Guards to take Gerry in for formal questioning to establish what he knows about the relocation of rapists and child-molesters in the Republic of Ireland.

This is too important an issue to politicise and the safety of children may be at risk.

Well, isn't it good that we are having an investigation into this.

Now if we could have a sworn public inquiry into IRA kangaroo courts with no immunity being given, that would also help.

Well, isn't it good that we are having an investigation into this.

Now if we could have a sworn public inquiry into IRA kangaroo courts with no immunity being given, that would also help.
    So they all go straight to jail for IRA membership no matter what the inquiry finds.
    Any chance you'd make any suggestions that work on planet earth?

I think the safest option at this stage, in order to protect the citizens of our State, would be for the Guards to take Gerry in for formal questioning to establish what he knows about the relocation of rapists and child-molesters in the Republic of Ireland.

This is too important an issue to politicise and the safety of children may be at risk.

How about taking Enda in too, in order to 'protect' us?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/enda-kenny-confirms-commitment-to-meet-louise-o-keeffe-1.1954625

How about taking Enda in too, in order to 'protect' us?

Why was he a member of an illegal organisation. In your opinion of course.

So they all go straight to jail for IRA membership no matter what the inquiry finds.
    Any chance you'd make any suggestions that work on planet earth?

Aren't they all supposed to be patriots? And decent people?

Shouldn't they all be willing to put their freedom at risk in order to ensure that the nation's children are protected from the sex predators that they have let loose to roam the countryside?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

adams states they didnt discuss rape, they discussed the fact she had 'personal problems'. its all there if you could be bothered reading up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

It's a bit early for that.
    I'd suggest a drip feed of new victims of child abuse over the next few months first, then call the General Election and have him arrested in the run up to that.
    That's the best way to make political capital out of all this for FFail/FG/'labour'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement