Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail strike days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You obviously work for IE you should ask your line manger the next time.

no i'm afraid. she obviously doesn't work for IE as if she did she would have known this. so she won't be asking her line manager as she doesn't have one.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

may06 wrote: »
    Not so i'm afraid, paycuts were implemented...i know that for a fact..Ask the drivers, lots of calls to the unions took place on thurs/fri...Thurs being payday, the cuts went ahead, in spite of what we were lead to believe originally.
    As regards future strikes, I'd imagine there's still uncertainty around them.....

It wasnt and i know that for a fact :).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭may06

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    It wasnt and i know that for a fact :).

Pay cuts were deducted last thurs, I know that for a fact. €10 in fact
    And as another poster stated it was in relates back to the 1st strike. Lucky you that wasn't affected while others were so..?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

And as another poster stated it was in relates back to the 1st strike. Lucky you that wasn't affected while others were so..?

It was probably a timing cutoff issue in terms of processing payroll. The LRC agreement was that payroll cuts would be suspended.

lxflyer wrote: »
    It was probably a timing cutoff issue in terms of processing payroll. The LRC agreement was that payroll cuts would be suspended.

Probably was payroll issue so..wonder how quick will they reimburse those affected though? :confused:

• Advertisement

No it wasnt unless your "friend" is in management who agreed to take the cuts.

No it wasnt unless your "friend" is in management who agreed to take the cuts.

Not in management no. Sorry to disappoint you but yes €10 was deducted. Maybe contact your Siptu rep for further clarification if you are in fact in the union?

Its your "friend" that needs to contact the union :)

Its your "friend" that needs to contact the union :)

Hardly. .They are a Rep.

Not a good one then :).

• Advertisement

Not a good one then :).

On the contrary, quite good & v well informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On the contrary, quite good & v well informed.

My brother in law works for Irish Rail and his pay was not deducted.

My brother in law works for Irish Rail and his pay was not deducted.

Lucky for him so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Lucky for him so

I don't work for IE but I know a few people who do and they said that their pay was cut last week, and they were told that the agreement came too late to change it for last week but that it would be back to normal this week pending the ballots.
    ( They were also of the opinion that it would be a no, for what thats worth, have to wait and we will see)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cervelo1981

no i'm afraid. she obviously doesn't work for IE as if she did she would have known this. so she won't be asking her line manager as she doesn't have one.

They already explained this in my previous post but thanks for clearing that up.

cdebru wrote: »
    I don't work for IE but I know a few people who do and they said that their pay was cut last week, and they were told that the agreement came too late to change it for last week but that it would be back to normal this week pending the ballots.
    ( They were also of the opinion that it would be a no, for what thats worth, have to wait and we will see)

Only thing that was cut last week was the deduction for being out on strike .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Not doubting your word just saying what I was told, is it possible that different locations submit their wage files different days, or wages are done locally so it depends where you are ?

you're singing a different tune today so :p

you're singing a different tune today so :p

What tune is that?

What tune is that?

A different one to the previous day

• Advertisement

Clearly then that you dont listen to the same music as i do :). This is getting strange :).

This is not what you were saying the prior day when i posted my question.

ETA to add: quote yourself "No it wasnt "

Not that it matters anyways really..

I know, there is a difference from being cut the 1.7% as per the proposals and being deducted one or two days pay for not showing up for work.

I know, there is a difference from being cut the 1.7% as per the proposals and being deducted one or two days pay for not showing up for work.

grand..would have being simpler if you had clarified that then 2 days ago so :)

No need, it said exactly what it said on the tin.

where?

On the tin,

read it back, if you are still stuck just ask your "Friend" to explain it to you.

On the tin,

read it back, if you are still stuck just ask your "Friend" to explain it to you.

No. You dont really understand do you?
    I posed the question nearly 3 days ago as regards paycuts being implemented last week, €10. To which other posters here kindly responded with clarification what possibly may have happened.
    You on the other hand argued as usual that no paycuts were implemented & only until yesterday did you then decide to come back with, (obviously having gone and done your research with your 'friends')

'Only thing that was cut last week was the deduction for being out on strike'

So in hindsight that's all that needed clarifying & took you 2 days to do so - ie a deduction did place (which you originally said didnt) - when all you had to do originally, 2 days ago, was clarify was purpose that cut was implemented for. Which was all i was asking..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

No. You dont really understand do you?
    I posed the question nearly 3 days ago as regards paycuts being implemented last week, €10. To which other posters here kindly responded with clarification what possibly may have happened.
    You on the other hand argued as usual that no paycuts were implemented & only until yesterday did you then decide to come back with, (obviously having gone and done your research with your 'friends')

'Only thing that was cut last week was the deduction for being out on strike'

So in hindsight that's all that needed clarifying & took you 2 days to do so - ie a deduction did place (which you originally said didnt) - when all you had to do originally, 2 days ago, was clarify was purpose that cut was implemented for.

Not paying people for days they didn't turn into work is not a pay cut. I have no connections to anyone in Irish Rail, so can't confirm whether or not this was what happened but if it was the case that people were short the pay that they would have earned for the days of the strikes, that is not the imposition of any pay cut by Irish Rail, but rather it is a case of not being paid what they didn't earn. Hardly rocket science, to be fair.

• Advertisement

May,
    Can you not see the difference? Are you saying that those out on strike was only deducted €10???????????

2 things here which im sure you are well aware but choose to drag it out a bit,

Deduction in basic wage as per proposals, i said that no deduction was taken . This is were your so called €10 comes into play.

Deduction from pay for being out on strike meaning a loss of 1 or 2 days pay which is a bit more than your €10 which i mentioned that was deducted last week.

Like i said, it was clear in the original post but someone you must have got your tunes mixed up.

I'll take the word of someone who actually got the pay cut rather than someone who is only going on hearsay.

Advertisement