Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd agree, but it's crazy considering they spent £18m on Sakho and don't see him as first choice.

Well Jose just spent 15 mil or so on a 29 year old left back and didn't bother playing him Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Well Jose just spent 15 mil or so on a 29 year old left back and didn't bother playing him Monday night!

The difference there would be Luis has just joined while Sakho has had the "settling in year". I wouldn't read too much into Mourinho not playing Luis on Monday. I'd still expect him to start 25 + league games when all is said and done. Probably not someone you could have in FPL though as there's the obvious rotation risk.

It does however seem that Skrtel/Lovren are nailed on as the Liverpool CB pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

how many player do ye have on ye're watchlists?
    I have about 40

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Geoff Cameron 84% on the way to a drop. If Bardsley keeps up his performance levels from last week it shouldn't be too long until he gets back in at RB. He'd be a cracking £4.4m option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Geoff Cameron 84% on the way to a drop. If Bardsley keeps up his performance levels from last week it shouldn't be too long until he gets back in at RB. He'd be a cracking £4.4m option.
    Conflicting reports on whether he wants out or not:
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2014/08/18/5043271/sources-cameron-asks-for-transfer-away-from-stoke-city
    http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Geoff-Cameron-requested-transfer/story-22766802-detail/story.html

Don't really see him displacing Bardsley soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Flanagan's injured, and not sure what the story with Enrique is.

I think the only spot up for grabs now is RB, between Johnson, Flanagan and Manquilo. Otherwise, I'd expect Skrtel, Lovren and Moreno to start games for the foreseeable future.

this is how i see Liverpool lining up in defense: (majority of time)

Flanagan(rb) Lovren Skrtel Moreno(lb)

Johnson is a complete liability and may well go b4 the transfer window shuts. Manquillo is just brought in to provide competition/backup to Flanagan, Flanagan is highly regarded tho and i'd be very surprised if he became 2nd choice. Enrique seems to be out of favour, though as the only other natural lb he may be kept on as competition/backup to Moreno...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

zarquon wrote: »
    Only if he comes in at 5.0 which is highly unlikely. If he is at 5.5 or 6.0 then evans is a much safer option.

He's in at 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Eduardo Vargas of Chile has joined QPR on loan. I'll be hoping Remy leaves or Austin will be on the chopping block...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Danger781 wrote: »
    He's in at 6.0

3,000 have snapped him up today aswell. Is he expected to be LWB till shaw gets back cant see the point in getting him if he is part of the back 3 with cheaper options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

3,000 have snapped him up today aswell. Is he expected to be LWB till shaw gets back cant see the point in getting him if he is part of the back 3 with cheaper options available.

Pointless purchase and a card magnet, no good for FPL imo.

• Advertisement

I assume so. Only other option is Ashley Young, so..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good training session done this morning. Looking forward to sunday!

RVP on twitter....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »
    I assume so. Only other option is Ashley Young, so..

Except it isn't. There is Reece James & Tyler Blackett who could play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    RVP on twitter....

Perfect. I currently have 3 mil burning a hole in my pocket. A good performance from RVP this weekend could see alot of early wildcards for others.

I want to mention Andrew Roberston of Hull before he rips things up some week. I won't pretend I know much about him but I read somewhere a few weeks back (F365 I think but can't now find the article) that he's one to watch for the season and he seems pretty attack minded. At 4.5, Hull's fixtures, potential europa league exit and the fact he picked up a BP last weekend he's well worth taking a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I also mentioned him in the GW2 Transfers thread. Too early to pull the trigger as he didn't play in any Europa games to date so difficult to know if he's first choice. But as soon as he gets a run in the team he'll move up my watchlist.

Although I read that TotalFPL defenders analysis and they don't seem too high on him. At that price we can wait a few weeks.

Those 3000 that brought Rojo in yesterday will be dissapointed no work permit.

I want to mention Andrew Roberston of Hull before he rips things up some week. I won't pretend I know much about him but I read somewhere a few weeks back (F365 I think but can't now find the article) that he's one to watch for the season and he seems pretty attack minded. At 4.5, Hull's fixtures, potential europa league exit and the fact he picked up a BP last weekend he's well worth taking a look at.

FFS had an article on him before last week. He might have had a goal chance cleared off the line... Though I might be mistaken and he cleared one off the line!

FFS were suggesting it wasn't clear if he would hold down a place. One to watch definitely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Those 3000 that brought Rojo in yesterday will be dissapointed no work permit.

Most of them used a wildcard (my assumption only) so no drama there tbh.

Very few players would use the free transfer to bring him in. At 6m I am surprised there were 3k players who made the move tbh.

Tom Carroll has joined Swansea on loan from Spurs. At 4.5 he could be an option as the 5th mid maybe when people play their wildcards in a few weeks

• Advertisement

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/24/en/f...408894942.html

The agreement between Real Madrid and Manchester United for the signing of Di María is definitive. 'Los Blancos' will rake in a fixed sum of €75 million plus a further €15 million in variables. He will earn around €8 million a season.

I imagine he will come in around the 10.0 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

di maria my guess will be at 10mill if he joins Manu.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Far too early to be considering DiMaria. We don't know where he's going to be played, or how he will fit in. ManU are hardly flying either. Even to try to gain money, it's a questionable move as prices seem to be more stable this year. I'll give him a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think I'll wait until my January wildcard until I even consider Di Maria, Sanchez, Balotelli and so on, unless they really explode early on.

I think I'll wait until my January wildcard until I even consider Di Maria, Sanchez, Balotelli and so on, unless they really explode early on.

Depending on the price of Balotelli, if he comes in around the 8.5 mark then Giroud -> Balotelli is a no brainer for me

If spurs dont sign a striker before the window closes I reckon Ill get adeboyar in if I wildcard after GW3.

If spurs dont sign a striker before the window closes I reckon Ill get adeboyar in if I wildcard after GW3.

I have my eyes on him but the question how long will his motivation last?

With qualification for champions league this season the Europa league could become more of a factor this year too with rotation

I have my eyes on him but the question how long will his motivation last?

With qualification for champions league this season the Europa league could become more of a factor this year too with rotation

Im a fan of his I know most arent and i have regularly had him in my team over the years. I think the motivation thing is overplayed personally and is as much to do with his style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Seb Larsson at 5.5, looks back in form this season, highlighted this morning by Scout notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Interesting article on Balotelli for anyone considering him. I think I'll be steering clear for a while until I see a bit of him in a liverpool shirt.

Edit: never post the actual article!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/football-just-a-trivial-pursuit-for-baffling-balotelli-1.1906591

Advertisement