Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

NellyMcD wrote: »
    Can you explain how? Thanks

cant on here, talk of that is bannable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Owryan wrote: »
    Its a great little gadget, I got rid of sky on the back of it.

That's a bit silly. It doesn't have the channels like sky does, or the recording capability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

smash wrote: »
    That's a bit silly. It doesn't have the channels like sky does, or the recording capability.

You need to google what it can stream if you believe that. Recording is only thing he may miss, but his post doesn't say whether he had sky plus or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Reserved in Galway - thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Patww79 wrote: »

So can you not use it with Netflix or the apps that we cannot name anymore?

neacy69 wrote: »
    So can you not use it with Netflix or the apps that we cannot name anymore?
    It works with Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

To be fair the main reason for recording is to watch something at your convenience, which being able to stream what you want to watch when you want to watch kind of negates to use of. And most things that can be seen on sky can be streamed from somewhere. Not saying would suit everyone but for many could be a viable alternative to sky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

penguin88 wrote: »

Even better. Works out at just under €25 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I don't bother recording. I have other means to watch shows in my own time.

For the record I had sky + and had several series linked on it ie fallng skies and suits but I hardly ever was home to watch them. Much easier for me to use certain apps on my phone and cast them to a TV when I wanted. I don't even bother downloading shows anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Tinie wrote: »

Are you using Parcel Motel?

Amazon delivery GBP 6.68 (Order Total: GBP 27.18)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Tinie wrote: »

Goes to £20.50 in checkout due to Irish VAT. Works out a bit under €26, presuming you buy something else to get over the £25 free postage mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Quick qustion. Plex has been a pain in my a$s since the last nowtv update. Will not play most of my files anymore.

Can I stream in HD from a player on my laptop to my TV with chromecast. Is it as good as plex at doing this?

Goes to £20.50 in checkout due to Irish VAT. Works out a bit under €26, presuming you buy something else to get over the £25 free postage mark.
    So it works out more expensive then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Or the extortionate monthly bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

its gone up again on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Does anyone have the HTC M8 and using Miracast on one of these? I don't really need to worry about what apps the Chromecast can run so long as I can just mirror the screen of my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

Picked one up in jervis, cheers OP. Should go well with the upnp server in the attic and BubbleUpnp on the phones. There were 4 left at the customer services desk when i was leaving. Reserved mine online, and got a nice phone call to confirm it was ready 5 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

bullvine wrote: »
    its gone up again on Amazon

Still £20 for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

So, is there any need to have a chrome cast of I have a ps3? I can use Netflix on it and it can stream from my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you just want to watch Netflix there probably is no point. If you want to watch things from a wide range of other sources and apps, most of which need to be googled and discussion of which is not permitted, then it absolutely is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

xtal191 wrote: »
    Still £20 for me

its gone back to 20, just ordered it, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Booked mine in Cork and got a phone call to confirm. Will collect tomorrow. Thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Paid £25 for this a while back on Amazon.

This is a great deal.

Would recommend one of these for everyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Paid £25 for this a while back on Amazon.

This is a great deal.

Would recommend one of these for everyone!

I said I'd chance my arm and contact Amazon, they agreed to refund the difference in what I paid!

Meaning I got a Chromecast for less than £15! :)

Couldn't be happier!

So to those of you that purchased a Chromecast off Amazon recently, contact them and they'll refund the difference :)

Just ordered 2 of Amazon. Price was £20.50 each. Works out at just over €51.
    No stock in pcworld Naas or Kildare, plenty in the 3 Liffey Valley branches though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Is there anything this will do that screen mirroring my samsung wont?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

was just going to buy one last weekend but never came around to popping in a shop...
    thanks op

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement