Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to boycott Isaraeli products

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

bumper234 wrote: »
    I think they have other things to worry about than someone on a forum discussing not buying carrots. Paranoia is a dangerous thing.

If you weren't in full flight for the last few pages you might see it was just a harmless comment.

Breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

It's funny that most of the people you see going to these solidarity events are also IRA terrorist apologists. Says it all.

Oh i just KNOW you have evidence to back up that claim right?

people boycotting products from Israel should also boycott products from USA if they feel that strongly about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

porsche959 wrote: »
    Would agree but if it's any consolation given poor showing for Respect party in the recent council elections, he is unlikely to be-relected next year.

Maybe then he will go and join Hamas. In which case, good riddance.

Maybe the Rabbis that out the Pulsa diNura curse on Sharon should put one on Galloway too? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Oh i just KNOW you have evidence to back up that claim right?

Just from what I've seen on Facebook and looking at their profiles. Before Palestinian flags it was 26+6=1 crap.

Honestly , must think the situation in Gaza is similar to occupied territory in NI. Bless their cotton socks.

You'll also see ALL extremist epublican pages sharing these events and promoting them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Just from what I've seen on Facebook and looking at their profiles. Before Palestinian flags it was 26+6=1 crap.

Honestly , must think the situation in Gaza is similar to occupied territory in NI. Bless their cotton socks.

You'll also see ALL extremist epublican pages sharing these events and promoting them.

There is that type, also the professional protestor brigade. As a friend said to me the other day, the latter will quickly forget about Gaza and move on to the Shell to Sea campaign or the campaign against water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nah been to the last few protests and youi're wronnnnnggggggg! anyhoot. the boycott is going swimmingly in our house and many of my friends and friends families are boycotting also.Where possible I will buy non Israeli products for the rest of my days and encourage others to do so.

It's funny in that nothing ye do will actually change anything on a grand scale. Although that last internet campaign worked..Kony was made president after wasn't he?

There is that type, also the professional protestor brigade. As a friend said to me the other day, the latter will quickly forget about Gaza and move on to the Shell to Sea campaign or the campaign against water charges.

this thread is about the Israel boycott.Lets not de-rail! Anyhoot remember , products with the barcode 729 are they ones to be avoiding,if you're against Israel's genocide in Gaza. there's power in numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Gaza Strip: Boycott Israel Threats Mount as BDS Calls For Russian Style Sanctions:

The Chairman of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement has urged the UK government to slap sanctions as scything as those being imposed on Russia against the Israeli state.

In an interview with IBTimes UK, Hugh Lanning said the tide of public and governmental opinion has turned against Israel and that BDS, the global lobby group campaigning to penalise Israel for its occupation of the Palestinian Territories, has enjoyed unprecedented support in recent weeks.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gaza-strip-boycott-israel-threats-mount-bds-calls-russian-style-sanctions-1460229

• Advertisement

It's funny in that nothing ye do will actually change anything on a grand scale. Although that last internet campaign worked..Kony was made president after wasn't he?

if you find that funny then I pity you

Facebook is one thing, actually go to one of the protests and you don't see them. They are a tiny tiny minority in a very large movement who don't get to hijack the protests.

smurgen wrote: »

Pity away. I pity those who think Israel should sit back and do nothing but there you go.

Pity away. I pity those who think Israel should sit back and do nothing but there you go.

I see the night shift has started early :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Interesting point. Israel has imprisoned a former president for sex offenses. Not saying Israel is above criticism but it does seem to have good record on brining well-connected offenders to account.

Ireland, not so much. We usually wait until they're dead and then have a tribunal.

How many children are in Israeli military custody and what percentage of them would be Palastinian?

I see the sly attempts to bully off the forum anyone that is not pro-Hamas have started early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

It's funny that most of the people you see going to these solidarity events are also IRA terrorist apologists. Says it all.

how'd you work that one out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I don't think Israel should sit back and do nothing. I think they should be made foot the bill for the reconstruction of Gaza, even if it bankrupts them.

smurgen wrote: »

If you don't find this funny then I pity you:

http://www.thescore.ie/gordon-darcy-gaza-protests-ireland-1605618-Aug2014/

Gordon D'arcy, former international rugby player, now a walking cliche.

I see the argument against this is as strong as ever.

"Israel are wrong! FREE GAZA!!"
    "Do you think Israel should do nothing And be attacked at will?"
    "Uhhhh"
    "What do you think they should do?"
    "Uhhh..who cares! they're in the wrong, free Gaza! Boycott Israeli products"

Deadly.

• Advertisement

Rightwing wrote: »
    I don't think Israel should sit back and do nothing. I think they should be made foot the bill for the reconstruction of Gaza, even if it bankrupts them.

Once Hamas have been destroyed you can be sure they will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Comment says it all.

"Uhhhh"

Deadly.

Oh it's usually not even that nuanced, it's more like this:

Israel = APARTHEID

APARTHEID = BAD

Israel = BAD

Maybe at best you will get a litany of Israel's alleged crimes while completely ignoring why the state exists in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

The only evidence I've seen is grabbing more land.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Comment says it all.

No. This comment says it all.

Ooh got ya. Seriously?

"Uhhhh"

Deadly.

Should Israel defend itself? 100% yes

Should Israel target children playing on a beach, should Israel fire missiles into UN shelters full of kids, should Israel use kids as human shields? 100% no.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hamas has more members now than they had before the Israeli attacks.
    Of that you can be sure.
    Plus anything Hamas does now will be seen in a better light by the entire world after the murderous t.v. broadcasted war the Israelis waged on the defenseless people of Gaza.
    Hamas can't lose.

Should Israel defend itself? 100% yes

Should Israel target children playing on a beach, should Israel fire missiles into UN shelters full of kids, should Israel use kids as human shields? 100% no.

While Palestine has Hamas setting situations up thusly then it's going to continue most likely.

Get rid of Hamas and you solve the issue tbh.

Hamas can't lose.

LOL!
    Yeah they're winners at the moment alright, although seeing as they see all the dead innocent Palestinians as Martyrs then maybe you're right. In that sense they can't lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LOL!
    Yeah they're winners at the moment alright, although seeing as they see all the dead innocent Palestinians as Martyrs then maybe you're right. In that sense they can't lose.

AND they are the legally elected representatives of their people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement