Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to boycott Isaraeli products

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mad muffin wrote: »
    I don't normally put anyone on my ignore list but there is always a first…

Why not just answer the question? It's based on what you stated earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

That's a pretty weak argument.

Pointing out the facts is not a weak argument. The claim is that Hamas were firing rockets, that was not backed up the link.
    Oh sorry. We don't know where these rockets are coming from. So sorry. We are just a government in name only. We can't control out little territory.

Again so sorry.

Care to name a government that can stop all crime? Otherwise the point your trying to make is nonsense. No government anywhere can control everything. Its absurd to suggest otherwise.

Still the fact remain no rocket fire from Hamas until the IDF attacked them.

There was also 2 Palestinians murdered by the IDF before the most recent war as well. Even, when Hamas aren't firing rockets, and aren't in control, the IDF still murder Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

wes wrote: »
    Pointing out the facts is not a weak argument. The claim is that Hamas were firing rockets, that was not backed up the link.

Care to name a government that can stop all crime? Otherwise the point your trying to make is nonsense. No government anywhere can control everything. Its absurd to suggest otherwise.

Still the fact remain no rocket fire from Hamas until the IDF attacked them.

There was also 2 Palestinians murdered by the IDF before the most recent war as well. Even, when Hamas aren't firing rockets, and aren't in control, the IDF still murder Palestinians.

So Hamas are an ineffective government. Who can't stop rockets being launched from the strip…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So Hamas are an ineffective government. Who can't stop rockets being launched from the strip…

By that logic every government on the planet is a ineffective one, as they can't stop all crime.

Do you think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I don't normally put anyone on my ignore list but there is always a first…

Still refusing to answer the questions i see. I wonder will any of the pro zionists be willing to discuss Israels use of Palestinian children as human shields?

And Israel is an ineffective government who can't stop.the shooting of innocent children

http://www.imemc.org/article/68775?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PalestineNews+%28Palestine+News%29

Or settlers deliberately running kids over?

http://www.imemc.org/article/68781?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PalestineNews+%28Palestine+News%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

So no one can say that Britain is justified in blockading Ireland if a dissident group plants a bomb or kills another soldier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

That's exactly what Israel should do. Open the blockade. Then we'll see where Hamas intentions lie.

And what if that leads to a huge catastrophe in which thousands of people in Israel die. If it was the RoI and the decision lay with you, what would you do? I certainly wouldn't lift it, if the decision lay with me.
    So no one can say that Britain is justified in blockading Ireland if a dissident group plants a bomb or kills another soldier?

You are missing the point on that one. Read the Hamas covenant. It clearly states that they want to destroy the State of Israel through Jihad. It's not a dissident group in the middle east, they are in power. Comparing the middle east to NI is like comparing apples and oranges.

wes wrote: »
    By that logic every government on the planet is a ineffective one, as they can't stop all crime.

I don't know where you live, but I can't say any criminals in my area lob rockets into my backyard.
    bumper234 wrote: »

By wes's logic, yes.

By my logic, both a turning a blind eye.

• Advertisement

Still refusing to answer the questions i see. I wonder will any of the pro zionists be willing to discuss Israels use of Palestinian children as human shields?

I answered the question. If he's not satisfied with my answer, then I can't help him any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, this is a thread about boycotting Israeli products. There's a different thread for discussing the current conflict and the two nations in general.

Berserker wrote: »
    And what if that leads to a huge catastrophe in which thousands of people in Israel die. If it was the RoI and the decision lay with you, what would you do? I certainly wouldn't lift it, if the decision lay with me.

You are missing the point on that one. Read the Hamas covenant. It clearly states that they want to destroy the State of Israel through Jihad. It's not a dissident group in the middle east, they are in power. Comparing the middle east to NI is like comparing apples and oranges.

If it leads to a few thousand Israeli deaths, god help Gaza…

I don't know where you live, but I can't say any criminals in my area lob rockets into my backyard.

By wes's logic, yes.

You said the Palestinian government are ineffective now you are saying they are turning a blind eye, which one is correct?

You said the Palestinian government are ineffective now you are saying they are turning a blind eye, which one is correct?

Wasn't me…

Wasn't me…

You said

Then

By wes's logic, yes.

Anyway hopefully more and more people will stop buying Israeli products and hit the farmers and producers hard in the pocket.

You said

Then

Anyway hopefully more and more people will stop buying Israeli products and hit the farmers and producers hard in the pocket.

Please don't quote out of context. Start at the begging and proceed from there.

Please don't quote out of context. Start at the begging and proceed from there.

Not quoting multiple posts from half the thread just so you can continue your derail.

Not quoting multiple posts from half the thread just so you can continue your derail.

A thousand pardons…

*bows and walks backward, bows and walks backward *

Oh and here's a pot… or is it a kettle… :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Old Chinese proverb; Constantly biting an angry mother bear on the behind is not a good idea, specially when that blinkered bear is known to be hard, ruthless and unforgiving towards those who bite & aggrivate her and her family.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

LordSutch wrote: »
    Old Chinese proverb; Constantly biting an angry mother bear on the behind is not a good idea, specially when that blinkered bear is known to be hard, ruthless and unforgiving towards those who bite & aggrivate her and her family.

LOL

LordSutch wrote: »

Old English proverb

Killing children and using them as human shields is ****ed up and wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Old English proverb

Killing children and using them as human shields is ****ed up and wrong!

Depending on what you're getting at I agree, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Genuine question here, which is on topic..

Those of you who are boycotting Israel, will you be boycotting The Guardian?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

brimal wrote: »
    Genuine question here, which is on topic..

Those of you who are boycotting Israel, will you be boycotting The Guardian?

Holy crap! Is The Guardian blowing up children too!?

Otacon wrote: »
    Holy crap! Is The Guardian blowing up children too!?

Are the fruit and veg farmers of Israel blowing up children?

The Guardian uses Israeli company Outbrain for it's marketing and related content on each article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

The Guardian uses Israeli company Outbrain for it's marketing and related content on each article.

Its up to The Guardian whether or not they want to continue using outbrain then. I won't stop shopping in Supervalu because they still sell Israeli carrots. I just wont buy the carrots.

The Guardian is not an Israeli newspaper, it just uses an american company with links to Israel for some stuff so I don't see why I would boycott it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

If they are serving with the idf then yes they are blowing up children.

The taxes they pay are. That's how sanctions/boycotts work. Nobody dies, but life is made harder. If it bothers you that much, why not address the root cause and campaign for withdrawal from the West Bank etc

• Advertisement

Its up to The Guardian whether or not they want to continue using outbrain then. I won't stop shopping in Supervalu because they still sell Israeli carrots. I just wont buy the carrots.

The Guardian is not an Israeli newspaper, it just uses an american company with links to Israel for some stuff so I don't see why I would boycott it.

You don't have a choice though with The Guardian's website. Each page has Outbrain's technology embedded on it. Each view you give their website, you are using Outbrain, thus helping an Israeli company.

I've read people on this thread won't shop at Smyths now because they still sell Israeli toys. I wonder do they apply the same to their viewings of The Guardian website?

As for you mentioning boycotting Israeli news outlets, wouldn't that result in an unbalanced view of the conflict? Would it not be important to read reports from news outlets actually in Israel (Ha'aretz for example)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement