Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to boycott Isaraeli products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

bumper234 wrote: »
    Remember

You don't have to be Palestinian for the Israeli military to murder you

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/31/AR2010053101209.html

Yeah, Turkey. That bastion of Armenian and Kurdish rights…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mad muffin wrote: »

Sorry, what point are you trying to make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

So you say it's ok to attack a ship in international.waters and murder people?

Nodin wrote: »
    Sorry, what point are you trying to make?

They were goading Israel before they even left. Countries with skeletons in their closet shouldn't do fake outrage.

They were goading Israel before they even left. Countries with skeletons in their closet shouldn't do fake outrage.

O. So they deserved it, did they?

• Advertisement

O. So they deserved it, did they?

They got exactly what their action called for. They were not innocent. They were not blameless.

And Turkey is not a nation to call out others human rights abuses.

They got exactly what their action called for. They were not innocent. They were not blameless. .

So they deserved to be shot dead?
    And Turkey is not a nation to call out others human rights abuses.

This were people born long after the worst excesses against Armenians and Kurds.

Do you think the Americans shouldn't criticise Israel because of the native Americans?

So they deserved to be shot dead?

This were people born long after the worst excesses against Armenians and Kurds.

Do you think the Americans shouldn't criticise Israel because of the native Americans?

The Turks to this day are doing to the Kurds, what the British did to the Irish.

The Turks to this day are doing to the Kurds, what the British did to the Irish.

So do you believe it's ok for the Israeli military to illegally board a ship in international waters, murder 9 civilians and then kidnap the rest of the crew and passengers?

• Advertisement

So do you believe it's ok for the Israeli military to illegally board a ship in international waters, murder 9 civilians and then kidnap the rest of the crew and passengers?

A large mob attacked on mass a small and highly armed force. They were lucky more weren't killed. The rest were eventually let go.

Turkey is suppressing 15 million Kurds. Only recently are they making token gestures for their bid to enter the EU.

Turkey is suppressing 15 million Kurds. Only recently are they making token gestures for their bid to enter the EU.

Turkey wasn't on the ship, people were.

Is there some reason you can't answer the question below

Turkey wasn't on the ship, people were.

Is there some reason you can't answer the question below

I'm sorry. I don't understand how you expect me to answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Don't be sorry, his question makes no sense

A large mob attacked on mass a small and highly armed force. They were lucky more weren't killed. The rest were eventually let go.

You mean they tried to repell boarders who attempted to.ILLEGALLY board their ship in international waters right? So are you saying it's ok for Israeli military to illegally board ships in international waters, kill 9 civilians and then kidnap them (does not matter they were released afterwards)?

You say that no one from Turkey can criticise Israel because of the Armenians and Kurds. Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Don't be sorry, his question makes no sense

It makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

It makes perfect sense.

You would say that

You mean they tried to repell boarders who attempted to.ILLEGALLY board their ship in international waters right? So are you saying it's ok for Israeli military to illegally board ships in international waters, kill 9 civilians and then kidnap them (does not matter they were released afterwards)?

Maybe they jumped the gun so to speak. The flotilla knew they would be boarded sooner or later. They were going in there expecting a fight, and a fight is what they got.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    You would say that

Because it's true, don't whinge at me because you can't grasp the crux of what he is saying!

• Advertisement

Maybe they jumped the gun so to speak. The flotilla knew they would be boarded sooner or later. They were going in there expecting a fight, and a fight is what they got.

Yet they still illegally boarded a ship in international.waters and slaughtered 9 civilians. And then you claim Israeli military show restraint :rolleyes:

You say that no one from Turkey can criticise Israel because of the Armenians and Kurds. Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beta maximum

Yes boycott all products from Israel and while we are at it boycott all products that pay slave wages.
    Boycott all foods that are unhealthy.

I just hope nobody on this thread is using an Apple Samsung or Microsoft device what these firms do in China is shocking.

The only way to really stick to all these boycotts is to go and join the Amish.
    Another idea would be to send a donation to the people caught up in bad situations around the world.

They have their language and traditions and also self governed land. More than I could say for the Kurds.

They have their language and traditions and also self governed land. More than I could say for the Kurds.

Untold millions of them died and their way of life destroyed. Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

Untold millions of them died and their way of life destroyed. Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

The American government sure don't.

The American government sure don't.

They did recently. However the question was - Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

Why is it you keep avoiding it?

They did recently. However the question was - Do you therefore think that no one from America can criticise Israel because of the fate of the native Americans?

Why is it you keep avoiding it?

Because it's a nonsense question.

It isn't. You stated that no-one from Turkey could criticise Israel because of what that state did, and I'm just asking if the same applys to America?

Does it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

If it is it means you're talking nonsense because its simple asking you to back up your argument that nobody from Turkey can criticise Israel because of their history.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement