Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to boycott Isaraeli products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

bumper234 wrote: »
    Should Israel defend itself? 100% yes

Should Israel target children playing on a beach, should Israel fire missiles into UN shelters full of kids, should Israel use kids as human shields? 100% no.

And how many where rockets from inside Gaza, either misfiring so close to civilians or simply falling short inside Gaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

mad muffin wrote: »
    And how many where rockets from inside Gaza, either misfiring so close to civilians or simply falling short inside Gaza?

Is it ok to kill children or is it not ok to kill children?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Experienced three boycott Israeli goods protests today in quick succession in M&S, Jervis Shopping centre and Smyths, what ever happened to peaceful protests, bloody nut jobs should be sectioned.

RustyNut wrote: »

It depends. Are you going to eat them, or just hang them up as trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

porsche959 wrote: »
    If you don't find this funny then I pity you:

http://www.thescore.ie/gordon-darcy-gaza-protests-ireland-1605618-Aug2014/

Gordon D'arcy, former international rugby player, now a walking cliche.

fair play to D'arcy. He really has it all,impressive sportsman, business man and seems like he even has ethics and stands by his principles. I like him even more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Experienced three boycott Israeli goods protests today in quick succession in M&S, Jervis Shopping centre and Smyths, what ever happened to peaceful protests, bloody nut jobs should be sectioned.

I never knew not buying goods from an extremist state is a sign of mental illness,please tell me more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

While Palestine has Hamas setting situations up thusly then it's going to continue most likely.

Get rid of Hamas and you solve the issue tbh.

Or Israel could stop targeting innocent civilians and then begging America to help.them avoid war crimes trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

How were they not peaceful?

I'm.sure you have a link to a pro Israeli site.all.lined up.and ready to inform us so.why not just post it there for us like a good chap.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Nodin wrote: »
    Do you support the settlement project?

No

• Advertisement

I'm.sure you have a link to a pro Israeli site.all.lined up.and ready to inform us so.why not just post it there for us like a good chap.;)

I have links. But like you say…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Hamas has more members now than they had before the Israeli attacks.
    Of that you can be sure.
    Plus anything Hamas does now will be seen in a better light by the entire world after the murderous t.v. broadcasted war the Israelis waged on the defenseless people of Gaza.
    Hamas can't lose.

Wow.. I don't even...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Oh it's usually not even that nuanced, it's more like this:

Israel = APARTHEID

APARTHEID = BAD

Israel = BAD

Maybe at best you will get a litany of Israel's alleged crimes while completely ignoring why the state exists in the first place.

I see you've ran out of arguments and have resorted to talking rubbish. Seriously the fact you are still at this despite running into a wall with every argument you have tried to defend Israel is something else.

brimal wrote: »
    Wow.. I don't even...

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is the guy who says fair play to Hamas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I see you've ran out of arguments and have resorted to talking rubbish. Seriously the fact you are still at this despite running into a wall with every argument you have tried to defend Israel is something else.

When you are you going to get into your silly little head that we are not all going to be bullied into opposing the only democracy in the Middle East?

Hamas can't lose.

Is this something that you would welcome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

I think we all support Hamas in their efforts to strap suicide vests on their children, launch rockets in populated areas and aim said rockets at innocent people. Free Palestian indeed...

I think we all support Hamas in their efforts to strap suicide vests on their children, launch rockets in populated areas and aim said rockets at innocent people. Free Palestian indeed...

But it was the zionists that killed all the children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

When you are you going to get into your silly little head that we are not all going to be bullied into opposing the only democracy in the Middle East?

I don't expect anything will change your mind. Many different people have taken quite an amount of time engaging with you across several threads on this topic and from what I see you have ignored every single bit of it and ducked and weaved every bit of rationality and reason sent your way and simply accuse people of bullying you.

But it was the zionists that killed all the children.

So Hamas are Zionists?

News to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is the guy who says fair play to Hamas.

That's me.
    I can't stand bullying in any shape or form and Israel is clearly a bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

That's me.

So you support Hamas...I can't even begin to fathom the logic.
    Disagree with Israel all you want but anyone who openly supports Hamas is nothing short of a moron IMO.

I don't expect anything will change your mind. Many different people have taken quite an amount of time engaging with you across several threads on this topic and from what I see you have ignored every single bit of it and ducked and weaved every bit of rationality and reason sent your way and simply accuse people of bullying you.

The fact that you are singling my posts out in this thread regarding a discussion in a completely different thread, even though plenty of others have also posted comments supportive of Isreal or against the boycott of Israeli products, is tantamount to bulling IMO.

Saying that I have ignored all points put to me is flat out false - I have acknowledged, for example, that the IDF investigating itself is not a good way to go. But actually, there's no point making concessions, your side never do. Even the more apparently sensible ones don't call out the extremists and open supporters of terrorism against Israel.

Is this something that you would welcome?

Israeli murder tactics and land-grabbing create Hamas and other organisations in the same way as German murder tactics and land-grabbing created opposition in two wars.

Can you not see the similarities?

What evidence do you have to suggest this was carried out by Hamas and not Zionists?

That's me.

http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/neighborhood-bully

So you support Hamas...I can't even begin to fathom the logic.
    Disagree with Israel all you want but anyone who openly supports Hamas is nothing short of a moron IMO.

Anybody who supports the Israeli murder regime is not in a position to chastise anyone else imo.

Supporting the murderers of schoolgirls, little boys playing football on a beach or a family getting fresh air on their own roof is not a strong basis for chastisement.

It's probably also news to you that Hamas didn't kill them :rolleyes:

From your own link
    On 25 July, BBC correspondent Jon Donnisontweeted that Israeli police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld admitted that the kidnappings did not occur on the orders of, or with the knowledge of the Hamas leadership, and that the crime was the action of a "lone cell".[18][19][20] 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RenegadeDisco

It's probably also news to you that Hamas didn't kill them :rolleyes:

From your own link

Eh the link says it was a guy called Hussam Kawasme that killed them, a Hamas leader who also secured funding from Hamas.

• Advertisement

Eh the link says it was a guy called Hussam Kawasme that killed them, a Hamas leader who also secured funding from Hamas.

No

It says
    On August 5, Israel said that it had arrested Hossam Kawasmeh on July 11, who is suspected of having organized the killing of the three teenagers. According to court documents, Kawasmeh stated that Hamas members in Gaza financed the recruitment and arming of the killers.[23][24]Hussam Qawasmeh lawyers stated that he confessed under "heavy torture" from Israeli security services, Shin Bet.[25]

Hardly conclusive evidence of Hamas involvement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement