Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Looks like its moving out to sea, bit of an anti-climax

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

There wasn’t anything really promised for Galway City

Met Eireann said all areas were at risk there was no where in the forecast where they excluded Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was afraid that I'd sleep through this last night here in Enniscorthy,I needn't have worried,about 4am I was awoken by a sound akin to somebody throwing wheelie bins around and witnessed some epic thunder and lightening accompanied by torrential rain before I dozed off again about an hour later.It was still going strong at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Met Eireann said all areas were at risk there was no where in the forecast where they excluded Galway

Very brave not to predict rain for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Some decent lightning here now...but not as bad as expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In fairness Galway has done pretty well this year for thunder and lightning displays. Not a lot of room for complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Woken up at 4am in Gorey for the most spectacular thunder storm I have seen. My poor dogs were terrified. Lasted well over an hour and was constant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

According to met eireann and raintoday, it should be bucketing down, there is nothing

We got 2mm since this post, the grass is crying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Some decent fork lightning in Sallins this morning and heavy heavy rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Ryan Turbridy coming on air on rte 2fm mentioned he likes thunder and lightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Is that the end of the forecasted thunder & lightning or are we due more today or Tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Dogs woke me at 4.15, new Ross looked spectacular with the lightening show. Been up with them watching bad tv ever since. They are all asleep since 7.30 though.

Glad it's not that bad, have a couple of 6 week old chicks, mind you its the Fist rain they have seen,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Great night in London, nothing forecast for us yet we had probably the best nighttime show I've ever seen. Was awoken around 1.30 by torrential rain and for the next hour there was non stop thunder and lightning, flashes all from all directions and almost strobe lightning at times. Finally got back to sleep around 3.30 only to be awoken again by more loud thunder an hour later and that carried on for nearly an hour again

Sleep deprived this morning but not bad for a starter, stifling heat and humidity already this morning and severe storms forecast all weekend, doesn't get much better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford City - if it happened I slept right through it. Even the ground is only moderately wet - no standing water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

14 pages since 5 this morning dublin must have got some action

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Two blasts of heavy rain and nothing else in West Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Harps wrote: »
    Great night in London, nothing forecast for us yet we had probably the best nighttime show I've ever seen. Was awoken around 1.30 by torrential rain and for the next hour there was non stop thunder and lightning, flashes all from all directions and almost strobe lightning at times. Finally got back to sleep around 3.30 only to be awoken again by more loud thunder an hour later and that carried on for nearly an hour again

Sleep deprived this morning but not bad for a starter, stifling heat and humidity already this morning and severe storms forecast all weekend, doesn't get much better :D

Jealous! My other half is in London and slept right through it where I was awake early waiting on a storm that was never to be, well not in Kildare anyway. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

It rained in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nothing happened in cork
    City :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep slept with the curtains open all night and the animals in for fear of this massive thunder storm on the way, and yeah woke to some rain and the cat sneezing that was it, hopefully tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

zerks wrote: »
    I was afraid that I'd sleep through this last night here in Enniscorthy,I needn't have worried,about 4am I was awoken by a sound akin to somebody throwing wheelie bins around and witnessed some epic thunder and lightening accompanied by torrential rain before I dozed off again about an hour later.It was still going strong at that stage.

That is exactly how I woke this morning at 5am in Carlow, heavy rain and thunder :) even got up to look out the window at the lightening then fell back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Baby75 wrote: »
    That is exactly how I woke this morning at 5am in Carlow, heavy rain and thunder :) even got up to look out the window at the lightening then fell back to sleep

My God! Don't you know it's dangerous to fall asleep in fornt of an open window during a thunderstorm?

You could fall out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Monsoon rain here in Galway, floods all over the roads no thunder or lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nobody should be writing off the weekend potential for more action, especially afternoon/evening storms. The warm air mass is still very unstable,little troughs in the slack low, it could be ninja storms almost anywhere but especially Munster and Leinster again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nobody should be writing off the weekend potential for more action, especially afternoon/evening storms. The warm air mass is still very unstable,little troughs in the slack low, it could be ninja storms almost anywhere but especially Munster and Leinster again.

I do hope so!

I would have to describe this mornings 'event' more as thundery rain than an actual thunderstorm...yes...quite a bit of lightning and thunder, but quite intermittent.

It's been years since we have had a good ordinary decent thunderstorm in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    Nothing happened in cork

Nope, nada. I stayed up until 4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I was late for work this morning - I slept out - that was perhaps as a result of setting my alarm for 2.30 expecting to wake up and hear huge rumbles of thunder and see flashes of lightening.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I was late for work this morning - I slept out - that was perhaps as a result of setting my alarm for 2.30 expecting to wake up and hear huge rumbles of thunder and see flashes of lightening.... :(

this really isn't our week... is it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I do hope so!

I would have to describe this mornings 'event' more as thundery rain than an actual thunderstorm...yes...quite a bit of lightning and thunder, but quite intermittent.

It's been years since we have had a good ordinary decent thunderstorm in Dublin. :)

I thought this morning's event was very disappointing myself. It hasn't really cleared the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Nothing happened in cork

The rain and a distant rumble woke me in the early hours (East Cork). Nothing to get excited about though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement