Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Booterstown, we have liftoff. And by that I mean thunder and lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Low rumblings in Smithfield plenty of rain.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Rain, thats it :( not even that heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Likewise in D15, heavy rain for last 10 mins but no direct t&l

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rainfall rates are a bit disappointing for a thunderstorm here, highest rate so far was 57mm/hr, far short of a record last December of 87mm/hr, thunder rates are one every 5 mins or so, seems like this is a pretty weak affair at this stage.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 avnol

Likewise in glasnevin but getting very dark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Likewise in D15, heavy rain for last 10 mins but no direct t&l

It's on it's way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

First drops of rain in Balbriggan. Seems to be coming directly from the east.I am very close to the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Skies brightening up, back to bed, shows over for here already.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did ANYTHINH happens in Cork City? I slept through if it did :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Meh, call this a storm???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rain died off in Bray. Thunder more infrequent and distant. The storm lost energy after Wicklow Town. One could see that from the Raintoday colour coding and confirmed now that its actually passed Bray.

I'm sure it was very impressive from Wexford to Arklow to Wicklow, especially in Wexford when it passed during night time.

Here in Bray though and during daylight hours?

Not a patch on T&L storms here in the last 5 years never mind the biggie in '85. Ditto for the rain. Even at greatest intensity it was nothing like Oct 2011.

Hate to say it but tbh, my sleep deprivation I'll suffer today wont have been worth it in hindsight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Skies brightening up, back to bed, shows over for here already.

I don't think it's quite over yet...look out for that 'finger' of ppn coming out of north Wales extending SW into the Irish Sea...it's producing quite a lot of sferics and moving NW.

Pretty quiet here now. Light rain. 7.6mm so far this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Lots of thunder & lightning in Greystones, nothing as severe as the reports from Arklow though.

Daily forecast just out from MT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Near Swords in North Dublin. A few bursts of heavy rain but no thunder at all. Massive massive disappointment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 avnol

Near Swords in North Dublin. A few bursts of heavy rain but no thunder at all. Massive massive disappointment :(

Same here in glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well thats it for me. Night Night all. Im off to me leaba for 40 winks :D

Seen more flashes from the Grannies nightie with static electricity... sheezzz

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a quiet spell, a couple more rumbles of thunder in the last few minutes.

• Advertisement

Yeah fairly well a bust here, D15

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

40 minutes of heavy rain and one noticeable lightning strike. The remnants of what moved out of the Bay of Biscay yesterday were quite pathetic looking by the time they hit Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

intensity seemed to die out as it hit Dublin,a well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Literally stuck my head out the window and a big flash to my east

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Big rumble now again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Judging by the last few posts anyway, when this gets to me, it'll be more like drizzle instead of storm, could do with some rain here as the grass is withering away

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Great nights sleep for me, just a few miles to the north of Cork City. I think all the action was much further west, the roads were barely wet at 6am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Heavy rain and a fee more rumbles in D24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Whatever about not getting thunder in most parts where was all the rain? Another overplayed weather event here on Boards.

• Advertisement

Heat seems to be picking up here in City Centre all of a sudden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement