Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

i would say the stories are all true

the rumor about the mortuary has been *aroused* for years

Very unfortunate typo there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jun/26/savile-bodies-sex-acts-corpses-glass-eyes-mortuary
    One former Broadmoor nurse told investigators that Savile claimed to have performed sex acts on bodies and "mucked about" in the mortuary, posing in photographs with the deceased after placing them in lewd positions.

The former nurse said: "He [Savile] was saying that they used to put the bodies together, male and female, and he also said that they took photographs and also that he got involved in some of the photographs … I was a little bit upset because I had no concept, in those days, of necrophilia. Several of the Broadmoor patients would have been diagnosed with that, but I didn't fully understand what it meant, and partway through I just wandered off.

"[Savile] talked about gamaroosh ... It means oral sex ... that he [Savile], he would go down on them and gamaroosh and muck about."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Jesus. If true, Saville's worse than any serial killer from America.

What would you even class him as?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

A ****.ing devil.

I hope they take a real close look at all those in his circle of contacts back then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

A fcuking sick basturd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

He's definitely a psychopath.

A better question is, what would you class his enablers and people that turned a blind eye.

Those that had a duty of care are cowardly scum that let this alleged sicko to ply his evil work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

mad muffin wrote: »

A better question is, what would you class his enablers and people that turned a blind eye.

Those that had a duty of care are cowardly scum that let this alleged sicko to ply his evil work.

They might have done even worse?

Eh, lads. Let's not start a witch hunt.

Probably. It just seems inconsistent. Pedophilias it's own thing, but disabled, dead bodies, elderly people, adults, so on.

Sadism?

Psychotic?

Schizophrenia?

Some weird sort of narcissism?

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible, but the inconsistency makes it seem almost cartoony evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Probably. It just seems inconsistent. Pedophilias it's own thing, but disabled, dead bodies, elderly people, adults, so on.

Sadism?

Psychotic?

Schizophrenia?

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible, but the inconsistency makes it seem almost cartoony evil.

Jesus, no, there's nothing in his behaviour to suggest he was psychotic or schizophrenic, and to suggest there is shows a woeful lack of knowledge about schizophrenia and does a huge disservice to those who are suffering from this illness.

• Advertisement

Sadism?

Psychotic?

Schizophrenia?

Wow.

I was throwing things out there?

Is there fear that this will impact the mental health community?

EDIT:

Candie, why the wow?

I was throwing things out there?

Is there fear that this will impact the mental health community?

EDIT:

Candie, why the wow?

Because it's very ignorant to lump schizophrenia and mental illness in there, especially since there seems to be zero evidence to indicate anything of the sort.

Most mentally ill people would be very offended to be lumped in with a child-abusing rapist necrophiliac, since they're no more, or even less likely to be violent than the general population.

It's offensive, very much so.

Tbh, your coming across a little 'faux outragey'.

*Shrugs*

I never lumped anybody in with anybody. I was mentioning a few possibilities because it doesn't quite make sense.

And yes I realise that mentally ill people are no more likely to be violent then the next person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Candie wrote: »
    Wow.

Galwayguy is wrong to suggest schizophrenia in this context, but he does have a point in suggesting psychological profile of Savile very unclear.

For example, in some ways he seems to fit profile of a paedo but in other ways does not. Many victims were over the age of 18 for example.

Tbh, your coming across a little 'faux outragey'.

*Shrugs*

I never lumped anybody in with anybody. I was mentioning a few possibilities because it doesn't quite make sense.

And yes I realise that mentally ill people are no more likely to be violent then the next person.

I'm not outraged at all, just surprised that anyone can make such a tenuous connection with something so inapparent, so insensitively, especially so if you're aware they're no more likely to be violent than anyone else. That's puzzling.

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

He's an all rounder. Takes a bit of whatever is around. He wouldn't discriminate. He'd be open to anything and be generous in that sort of way. It wouldn't be right to categorise him.

I'm not outraged at all, just surprised that anyone can make such a tenuous connection with something so inapparent, so insensitively, especially so if you're aware they're no more likely to be violent than anyone else. That's puzzling.

*shrugs*

My mentality was extreme delusions. I would have said drugs, but I just threw that out there.

*Shrugs*

I'll apologize to the schizophrenic community. I was just throwing things out there and I wasn't really thinking of the effect that could have on people who have mental illnesses and people's perceptions of said mental illness.

Back to Candie. Why didn't you object the use of the word sadist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Maybe he was just a sick bastard?, anyone have any qualms with that definition?

Back to Candie. Why didn't you object the use of the word sadist?

Because sadists, by definition, aren't ordinary people going about their daily lives, hurting no one. Like schizophrenics do.

Is that not obvious?

• Advertisement

Because sadists, by definition, aren't ordinary people going about their daily lives, hurting no one. Like schizophrenics do.

Is that not obvious?

The vast majority of people with sexually sadistic traits don't go around, non consensually, hurting people.

The vast majority of people with sexually sadistic traits don't go around, non consensually, hurting people.

You're being deliberately obtuse.

Sadism is not a mental illness it's a sexual deviation. People with sadistic tendencies hurt other people, consensually or not, for sexual pleasure. Savile may very well have been sadistic for all I know, it's a theory the evidence of his behaviour somewhat supports. He hurt people.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness not a deviancy. People with schizophrenia go about their daily business, hurting nobody, and minding their own business. There's nothing in his behaviour that suggests he might be schizophrenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

He was a psychopath, a narcissist and a sexual predator with mother issues:

http://www.channel4.com/news/how-jimmy-savile-revealed-all-in-the-psychiatrists-chair

Louis Theroux documentary on him is also very revealing.

KCC wrote: »
    http://www.channel4.com/news/how-jimmy-savile-revealed-all-in-the-psychiatrists-chair

Louis Theroux documentary on him is also very revealing.

That Theroux doc was amazing. How this guy operated for decades unchallenged is just amazing, he was practically cartoonishly evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Disgusting reading this on the BBC today, unreal ... molesting a 10 year old kid after he had surgery ???
    Not much makes me sick in the news these days but that makes me wish the c*nt was still alive so justice could be served to the little rat.

The real sad thing here is who will be punished for this.

Decent young people (lets be honest here - men) trying to get into a career in the media will be subject to ridiculous "guilty until proven innocent" background checks.

Don't get me wrong, there needs to be background checks for sure, but I can see the UK red tape bureaucracy going ballistic here and just punishing and hindering the wrong people.

Disgusting society.

You're being deliberately obtuse.

Sadism is not a mental illness it's a sexual deviation. People with sadistic tendencies hurt other people, consensually or not, for sexual pleasure. Savile may very well have been sadistic for all I know, it's a theory the evidence of his behaviour somewhat supports. He hurt people.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness not a deviancy. People with schizophrenia go about their daily business, hurting nobody, and minding their own business. There's nothing in his behaviour that suggests he might be schizophrenic.

*Shakes head*

Deviancy is such a dehumanising term for people who have sexually sadistic traits.

And, as many masochists have sadistic traits, perhaps you should stop before you are grossly offensive to a large portion of the population.

*Shakes head*

Deviancy is such a dehumanising term for people who have sexually sadistic traits.

And, as many masochists have sadistic traits, perhaps you should stop before you are grossly offensive to a large portion of the population.

Nice try, but no cigar.

Deviancy is a definition, not a judgement.
    deviant
    ˈdiːvɪənt/Submit
    adjective
    departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behaviour.

Is homosexuality a deviancy? :)

EDIT:
    Woops, my snarkiness has derailed the thread.

Jimmy Savilles a bastard. Going into his lack of mental illness, or proof of mental illness, is pointless. He was one of those rare people that are evil to the core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Only to those who think that way.

• Advertisement

Seriously, don't even try that, it's not on.

It's childish and reflects badly, and has nothing to do with Savile.

Advertisement