Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

I haven't read all this thread so I don't know if this has been covered.

But I know Jimmy Saville did a lot of charity work in Ireland.

Given that this was a front for a lot of his abuse, is what he did here being investigated?
    i believe it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

at 30 seconds into video Jimmy Saville crops up to haunt the trotter brothers

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

TG4 need to review their editorial procedures!! There was a camogie documentary on today and they interviewed a "pre arrest" Tom Humphries, in which he recalled chats with 14 year old girls about camogie!!!

ps
    This actually happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has Humph been arrested and charged yet? Last I heard he was being "seen under supervision" at home (or a house)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Humph who:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hootanany wrote: »
    Humph who:confused:

Two posts up from yours.... Tom Humphries - Irish journalist.

Sorry I thought it was the singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

mike65 wrote: »
    Has Humph been arrested and charged yet? Last I heard he was being "seen under supervision" at home (or a house)

last I heard he was interviewed by detectives at the end of September and a file is being prepared for the state prosecutors

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

True story: Savile himself once entered a 'Jimmy Savile lookalike contest' and came second-to-last!

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Paul Daniels has now said he was smooching a young one in his vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of countless thousands back in the 70s, you know if everyone who had a tryst with an underage teen was arrested they'd need to build about 1000 super jails.

mike65 wrote: »
    One of countless thousands back in the 70s, you know if everyone who had a tryst with an underage teen was arrested they'd need to build about 1000 super jails.
    That would include me as well (and her). :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Rascasse wrote: »
    I'm not sure this refers to an aide to a dead PM either. This Peter Righton character was convicted in 1992 suggesting the aide worked at Downing St during Major or Thatchers rule.

Also Sky News reporting that the Met are drawing up an 'arrest plan'. Could be interesting to see who gets their collars felt in the coming weeks.

We still don't know the name of this aide.

Allegally he was rogering a son of an active MP?

Jimmy Savile abused corpses and boasted he made jewellery from their glass eyes: NHS report reveals shocking new details about paedophile's crimes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2670444/Jimmy-Savile-abused-corpses-boasted-jewellery-glass-eyes-NHS-report-reveals-shocking-new-details-paedophiles-crimes.html#ixzz35jheKvnk

Playing with dead bodies as well:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Honestly, I find these new rumours a little hard to believe.

It's seems like the whole boogeyman effect of turning 'hearsay' into 'fact'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I don't know why, but I find most of the stories about him hard to believe.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Honestly, I find these new rumours a little hard to believe.

It's seems like the whole boogeyman effect of turning 'hearsay' into 'fact'.

I know were you're coming from but this is an official NHS report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

these stories, while hard to believe, are true, are known for years to be true. how is it hard to believe when he was allowed free reign in the mortuary. He didn't just like raping disabled 5 year olds by the way... anything was fair game. I find it hard to believe andyone would find these stories hard to believe.

The question is why was he allowed to get away with this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

dharma200 wrote: »
    these stories, while hard to believe, are true, are known for years to be true. how is it hard to believe when he was allowed free reign in the mortuary. He didn't just like raping disabled 5 year olds by the way... anything was fair game. I find it hard to believe andyone would find these stories hard to believe.

i would say the stories are all true

the rumor about the mortuary has been aroused for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

David Icke mentioned all that stuff about him year's ago and it wasn't believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28034427
    While there is no way to verify the claim, Dr Sue Proctor - who led the Leeds inquiry - said there is no doubt controls on access to the mortuary were "lax"

Under the eyes of the law Jimmy Saville is innocent until proven guilty in a court which for that to happen he would have to be still alive.

I'm not saying he did or he didn't but I always believe people innocent until proven guilty and all we have is people making statements.

Quote:
    While there is no way to verify the claim, Dr Sue Proctor - who led the Leeds inquiry - said there is no doubt controls on access to the mortuary were "lax"

Hmmmm a Dr saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Chris___ wrote: »

Under the eyes of the law Jimmy Saville is innocent until proven guilty in a court which for that to happen he would have to be still alive.

I'm not saying he did or he didn't but I always believe people innocent until proven guilty and all we have is people making statements.

Innocent until proven guilty... seriously????

Not even going to waste my time with that one. Maybe try reading some of the transcripts of what actually happened to the people he raped, buggered and abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

I just cannot believe he got away with this for years. Surely many many people knew what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Chris___ wrote: »

Sorry to Godwin, but Hitler was never proven guilty in a court?

• Advertisement

Links to the two reports that were released today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/nhs-and-department-of-health-investigations-into-jimmy-savile

It's not finished yet either - the Stoke Mandeville report has been delayed until Autumn.

Advertisement