Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

M cebee wrote: »
    he's dead
    he's not paying for anything now

How do you know that he isn't? I'm not going to start up a debate on the afterlife here but I believe the mind can survive the death of the body, I believe that a soul can suffer long after death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Well, we can only hope thats true, in his case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It pains me that Saville is not here to take the rap. In that Theroux documentary he was such a self assured and cocky son of a bitch. I really hope he's paying for it now, a tortured soul that won't find peace. He'll probably haunt the places he frequented.

Theroux knew that there was something strange about him, I'd love to hear his thoughts on the whole thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It wasn't simply being brushed past...... You're astonishingly insensitive to the victims, no wonder they didn't come forward until now when there's people that consider them to be 'whining wannabees'.

I think it is disrespectful to genuine victims of violent attack and rape that these people are given air/media time... Ok, so sometimes the guys were a bit gropey and letchy, but there is a difference. A huge difference. If some
    of them were underage, they were doing their best to hide it. All false eyelashes and trying to look 'grown up' swooning and throwing themselves at the guys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

annascott wrote: »
    I think it is disrespectful to genuine victims of violent attack and rape that these people are given air/media time... Ok, so sometimes the guys were a bit gropey and letchy, but there is a difference. A huge difference. If some
    of them were underage, they were doing their best to hide it. All false eyelashes and trying to look 'grown up' swooning and throwing themselves at the guys..

It doesn't have to be 'violent' to be sexual assault. Groping IS sexual assault, as is all unwanted sexual touching. Its not being whiney to not want to be assaulted. I'm very surprised you think victims should just discount being assaulted.

They are genuine victims, whether they wore false eyelashes or not.

This sounds very close to the whole 'legitimate rape' mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

annascott wrote: »
    its even more important that those stars ect should be more careful when putting it about,in the late 90s i would at a odd time cover for the door security on some very posh and expensive flats in the centre of manchester,a number of famous people lived in them ,one of which was a member of a well known boys band,outside there was always at least 40 or 50 very young girls,it was always very hard work to stop them getting access into the building, one saturday about two AM, a certain member came back from his gig,he stopped in the reception for a quick smoke and a natter,and told me he was expecting a young lady visitor within the next hour,she turned up and was very pretty about 19 years old,and she only stayed about 40 min,a few days later i was talking to the regular security man and mentioned her,he told me she would come over every other week when the boy band was in the country and was employed by the boys management as a [shall we say]comfort girl,stops the lads getting themselves into trouble,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It pains me that Saville is not here to take the rap. In that Theroux documentary he was such a self assured and cocky son of a bitch. I really hope he's paying for it now, a tortured soul that won't find peace. He'll probably haunt the places he frequented.

Might well come back as an 'Incubus'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

LordSutch wrote: »
    Might weel come back as an 'Incubus'.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hootanany wrote: »

A demon sort who rapes sleeping women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Pj! wrote: »
    A demon sort who rapes sleeping women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

........... an incubus...

Someone said Saville might come back as in Incubus... Why the confusion???

I Weely dont know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Eww...

Have those poor women not been through enough?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If I was residing in the UK I certainly would not be paying my TV license.

'Thousands of pages of emails, interview transcripts and submissions obtained for the Pollard inquiry will not be made public, according to The Times, despite the BBC promising to be transparent over its findings.

The inquiry, which is being led by former head of Sky News Nick Pollard, has already cost £200,000 of licence-fee payers money.

It is thought Mr Pollard will attach an appendix to his report but it will only contain pieces of evidence he considers crucial to his overall findings.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9707696/BBC-inquiry-into-Jimmy-Savile-scandal-to-stay-secret.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

He clearly didn't know what an incubus is, but you do. You're great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Prince Philip, MOSAD, the CIA, anyone else you'd like to add to your ramblings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Someone approached Rolf Harris in a shop recently and asked him
    "Didn't you do 'Two Little Boys'?"
    "No" Rolf says "You must be thinking of Jimmy Savile"

Ahem!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jaysus...heard "tonights the night" by rod stewart on the radio, never bothered listening to attentively before, but man if it was written today it would be called peado pop! As for the video ....spread me what rod?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I dont know if this is connected to the case, but has just been reported this morning about Andrew Lancel. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20564419

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I dont know if this is connected to the case, but has just been reported this morning about Andrew Lancel. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20564419

wont believe it without proof look what happen to micheal veil aka kevin for corrie and that guy that hosted stars in your eyes

• Advertisement

He is currently playing the lead role of Brian Epstein in Liverpool in the play Epstein: The Man Who Made The Beatles, and is scheduled to head the cast in the pantomime Sleeping Beauty at the city's Echo Arena.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Stuart Hall is the latest to be 'outed', Christ it makes me sick to the stomach to be thinking of what went on at the BBC in the 70's and 80's

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1205/stuart-hall.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

kfallon wrote: »
    Stuart Hall is the latest to be 'outed', Christ it makes me sick to the stomach to be thinking of what went on at the BBC in the 70's and 80's

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1205/stuart-hall.html
    cool photo
    looks like he just received his medal from the queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Max clifford arrested now aswell.. yes the max clifford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

barone wrote: »

Just heard that on the radio.... guess he was keeping the biggest secret of them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

barone wrote: »
    who's advising him?
    hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

What, for real?!

I saw this in my facebook feed: http://newsthump.com/2012/12/06/max-clifford-employs-max-clifford-to-represent-max-clifford-over-abuse-claims/ but I didn't know he was actually arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I haven't read all this thread so I don't know if this has been covered.

But I know Jimmy Saville did a lot of charity work in Ireland.

Given that this was a front for a lot of his abuse, is what he did here being investigated?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What would max Clifford say about max Clifford today?....something like "i really don't think max Clifford can work in the UK again"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Thank fuck the thread title isn't literal. That's one thing I could live a happy life without seeing.

Advertisement