Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

No, I don't believe there's ANYTHING wrong with homosexuality.

I was just being both snarky and pro-sex.

But, as I've mentioned above, I've derailed the thread.

So, lets just leave it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Is homosexuality a deviancy? :)

EDIT:
    Woops, my snarkiness has derailed the thread.

Jimmy Savilles a bastard. Going into his lack of mental illness, or proof of mental illness, is pointless. He was one of those rare people that are evil to the core.

I don't believe that people can be completely good or evil. I think it would be interesting to know how his mind worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Candie wrote: »
    You're being deliberately obtuse.

Sadism is not a mental illness it's a sexual deviation. People with sadistic tendencies hurt other people, consensually or not, for sexual pleasure. Savile may very well have been sadistic for all I know, it's a theory the evidence of his behaviour somewhat supports. He hurt people.

For someone that is laying down the law, you're committing a few howlers yourself. BDSM is entirely acceptable kink once conducted in consensual and safe manner. Totally wrong to equate with psychopath like Savile.

As for schizophrenia, while most schizophrenics are not violent, it is unfortunately a fact that occasionally paranoid schizophrenics do OCCASIONALLY commit violent murders.

porsche959 wrote: »
    For someone that is laying down the law, you're committing a few howlers yourself. BDSM is entirely acceptable kink once conducted in consensual and safe manner. Totally wrong to equate with psychopath like Savile.

As for schizophrenia, while most schizophrenics are not violent, it is unfortunately a fact that occasionally paranoid schizophrenics do OCCASIONALLY commit violent murders.

No I did not equate sadism with psychopathy.

I was answering GalwayGuys question. I've no opinion on sadism, and no judgement to make on BDSM at all. I know far too little about it to pontificate one way or another.

I never brought sadism into the conversation, and to be honest I'm sorry I bothered entertaining the question. Nor am I laying down the law.

KCC wrote: »
    I don't believe that people can be completely good or evil. I think it would be interesting to know how his mind worked.

If you look at this footage of him after a friend's funeral, he doesn't seem to me to be faking his grief (@15:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mJ4a0ODPBM

• Advertisement

Eh, I wouldn't be too harsh on Candie :P

I've spent the last few posts being snarky and twisting her words.

That Theroux doc was amazing. How this guy operated for decades unchallenged is just amazing, he was practically cartoonishly evil.

I agree. Louis handled him brilliantly - it was so obvious that something was seriously wrong with the man. Anyone watching it prior to the revelations would have definitely had their suspicions. As strange as he was, at the same time his charisma came across very clearly - you could see how people would be taken in by him.

What most struck me was how much he intensely cared about public opinion of him. I wish he was still alive to face justice but also to see how hated he now is.

I agree. Louis handled him brilliantly - it was so obvious that something was seriously wrong with the man. Anyone watching it prior to the revelations would have definitely had their suspicions. As strange as he was, at the same time his charisma came across very clearly - you could see how people would be taken in by him.

What most struck me was how much he intensely cared about public opinion of him. I wish he was still alive to face justice but also to see how hated he now is.

Louis played him like a violin, he's really good at what he does.

If you haven't seen his Nazi one, it's really brilliant. He just gives these guys the rope and they do the rest themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Is homosexuality a deviancy? :)

Yes. A wonderful, sordid deviancy.

As always, Bodice is available if any of the ladies of Boards feel the need to deviate... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

That Theroux doc was amazing. How this guy operated for decades unchallenged is just amazing, he was practically cartoonishly evil.

One of the things that practically jumped off the screen during that doc was his serious "mother" issues. Not to mention his narcissism. Imo, I reckon he had gotten away with so much over the years, crimes conducted in plain view, that he genuinely believed himself invincible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I doubt it would be very interesting at all.
    I'd imagine his mind spent much time considering the baser aspects of life.

Yes. A wonderful, sordid deviancy.

As always, Bodice is available if any of the ladies of Boards feel the need to deviate... :)

'Hey, Ladies. Take a taste of the wild side' :D

I doubt it would be very interesting at all.
    I'd imagine his mind spent much time considering the baser aspects of life.

I take your point, but I don't think sex was his motivation. I think it was more complicated than that.

Out of interest, would you also think that it's not worthwhile/interesting to find out why Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer did what they did? For me, this is at the same level of depravity.

Eh, sex is barely ever just physical. Even with prostitutes there's other things (and often disturbing things) going on.

It's the same for well balanced people as well as Saville.

I doubt he was just a psychopath that took any advantage of any situation for pleasure.

How can the world create a monster like this?

I'm wondering what's yet to be revealed. How much further could he possibly have went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

He was one sick and depraved mofo unbelievable how he got away with it for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

How much further could he possibly have went?

Wasn't averse to a bit of cold meat, was he. How much further could anyone possibly go?

I'm wondering what's yet to be revealed. How much further could he possibly have went?

Heaven knows. Apparently Stoke Mandeville report delayed until Autumn because of new revelations.

Mind you that Welsh rock singer, the trajectory he was on was even more depraved than Savile, thank god he was caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

An inappropriate thread name don't you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

There had to be collusion here. I can't believe he got away with this for so long without people in high places covering up for him. Possibly collusion by fellow paedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

****ing eejit on sky news talking about him being psychotic.
    Psychopathic yes, psychotic no.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Mind you that Welsh rock singer, the trajectory he was on was even more depraved than Savile, thank god he was caught.

Ah Tom Jones is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

It's disgusting to think what even more disgusting acts he'd have got up to if he got away with it 50 years like Saville did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Very much wonder why people find it hard to believe the revelations about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Magaggie wrote: »
    Very much wonder why people find it hard to believe the revelations about him.

It's hard to fathom how someone could commit so many sick acts and get away with it, that's the only reason I could understand someone being sceptical about the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tropheus wrote: »
    There had to be collusion here. I can't believe he got away with this for so long without people in high places covering up for him. Possibly collusion by fellow paedophiles.

BBC-Tories paedo ring.

Shock horror at epic corruption in upper echelons of British society. Sure the Krays played off it all for long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

I think - obviously very few if any really know - but if you work at a hospital thats underfunded and everything is under pressure, then this guy comes along and raises millions and millions. Then everything is rosy again, extra staff extra equipment .... You see things you don't like. You mention them to work mates, they say not to say anything, if you know what's good for you. It sickens you and you mention it to your boss - He gets quite cross and rips apart any real evidence that you had. He also marks you down on your next report.

It takes heroes to step up and sometimes society lacks them:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wouldn't surprise me. There has been rumours of similar in Hollywood for years.

Advertisement