Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U / Nintendo general news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Quake 3 +Dreamcast + dial up =Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Quake 3 +Dreamcast + dial up =Awesome

+PC players = hilarity :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was a blast, coupled with the mouse and keyboard, and in an age where getting things to run was a pain, it was liberating to simply switch on a DC, pop in the game and it runs.
    Of course, the issue was that the relative few who owned Quake 3 Arena were a subset of those who owned a DC, already a small number, so finding matches could be hard!

It was a brave experiment, supplying every DC with a modem, a way ahead of it's time in terms of consoles.
    While modems had been available for many machines before, it was always optional, in the DC it was built in.

Not unlike the likes of MS innovating with online experiences on the Xbox and 360, or Nintendo innovating with analogue control and force feedback, popularising the devices.

Of course, Sony were no strangers to innovation themselves, in marketing at least, who knew coked out models would sell Wipeout?
    tumblr_lxhxwdIf1M1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Dreamcast was the perfect console IMO. Beautiful arcade quality graphics, great games, 4 controller ports, VMUs, K&M support, online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cormac... wrote: »
    I just realised I can get Chu Chu rocket for less than a quid on the App Store on my phone.... F**KING WINNING

Multiplayer Chu Chu Rocket is up there with Bomberman on the Saturn for me. Just insanely fun & bananas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Wasn't that the bomberman that could have about a million people playing at the one go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The Dreamcast was the perfect console IMO. Beautiful arcade quality graphics, great games, 4 controller ports, VMUs, K&M support, online gaming.

:D:D:D

I fecking hate that bloody song...

I fecking hate that bloody song...

Wait now , hold on fr a sec there boyo

you hate streets of rage and its music
    you give me ****e about sonic being better than mario ( which it is )

and now you hate offspring song thats the only way to start crazy taxi :mad:

we can never be friends :pac:

If you love that infernal song in that great game it's probably for the best.

And Sonic Adventure sucks donkey balls (sorry mod, had to say it)

• Advertisement

Sonic Adventure better than mario 64

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wasn't that the bomberman that could have about a million people playing at the one go?

Yup 10 player Bomberman on a single console using 2 6way multitaps(each uses 2 ports) just like 1993's Hi-Ten Bomberman(which was only a tech demo), the first game shown in HD on a first gen plasma tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

No. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

1349028635751.gif

Its my opinion its a better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Fairly positive I'll be buying a Wii U at some point in the future, not sure when exactly. There's a mass of games either released or soon to be released that make it well worth it now imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its my opinion its a better game.

People say opinions can't be wrong.

Here's the evidence that proves whoever came up with that statement is wrong.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    People say opinions can't be wrong.

Here's the evidence that proves whoever came up with that statement is wrong.

Maybe or just maybe you are the one who is wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe or just maybe you are the one who is wrong

Just checked my GPS location. It says I'm not in Bizzarroland. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone that says sonic adventure is better than Mario 64 is clearly crazy.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just checked my GPS location. It says I'm not in Bizzarroland. :P

Better than being in a mushroom kingdom :P

Better than being in a mushroom kingdom :P

Look man, give up.
    The Fail Boat just departed and you were they only one on it!

Look man, give up.
    The Fail Boat just departed and you were they only one on it!

If you like mario 64 grand , does not mean I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, Mario 64 is universally better than that Sonic game because of reasons.

I know, just messin with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Actually you do, it's mandatory on boards, check the charter! (And if I am somehow possibly wrong about this then I move to amend the charter immediately)

I know, just messin with ya!

Oh i know , this been going on for years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No.

Does it then translate that you prefer Sonic Lost World to Super Mario 3D World?
    Say it ain't so Richie, Say it ain't so!

• Advertisement

Does it then translate that you prefer Sonic Lost World to Super Mario 3D World?
    Say it ain't so Richie, Say it ain't so!

Have not played lost world yet but I did play 3d world which I put 5 hours into then sold it for dark souls 2. Thought 3d world was boring. No matter how much I try I just cant get into mario games.

Also got NSMBU for free with mario kart 8 and go bored with that awful quickly.

Super Mario world also I did not invest alot of time with it.

I did however enjoy Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 but that felt much less to am extent of a mario game you could of thrown kirby in there and it would still be a amazing.

Mario bros and mario 3 I still consider the best mario games , everything else I dont really care for in the mario franchise.

Advertisement