Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Could do with a hand on this one guys...

Blue switch keyboard, backlit, UK layout. Ideally less than around €100 (so the Corsairs are out). Find me one in stock anywhere and I'll be amazed.

For the life of me, I can't find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Serephucus wrote: »
    Could do with a hand on this one guys...

Blue switch keyboard, backlit, UK layout. Ideally less than around €100 (so the Corsairs are out). Find me one in stock anywhere and I'll be amazed.

For the life of me, I can't find one.

You'd have to raise your budget methinks. Cheapest I can find is the Qpad MK-80.

Which is annoying, because I'm currently using an MK-80 with Browns. I'm looking to pick up a temporary keyboard until Corsair's RGB, but I'd rather it not be quite the same one I have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Not sure if this is backlit but I have the brown version of the keyboard and it is backlit, I picked it up for only 60 pound (or 50? I forget) a year ago.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00E5YRL5Y?cache=12a7631fb2d247f7098fb3b7efc957a2&pi=SX200_QL40&qid=1403041660&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

^I was going to post that except it says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 months".

• Advertisement

Yup, that. For some reason almost all of CM's keyboards are out of stock everywhere. (Which is really annoying, because they're usually the cheapest. The only things left are Corsairs and QPads).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yup, that. For some reason almost all of CM's keyboards are out of stock everywhere. (Which is really annoying, because they're usually the cheapest. The only things left are Corsairs and QPads).

For the record it said the same when I bought my own Quickfire TK brown, but it was delivered within 3 weeks. From what I've read it seems to be a generous timeframe, but of course if you want to be sure of having it before that I couldn't guarantee that.

I have a white LED XT on order with Amazon at the moment. 1-3 week timeframe. Hopefully ships soon, was just hoping I'd missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeti Beast wrote: »

God bless. Really looking forward to it. I might not get up to 880 this time, but 870 sounds right up to my alley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Any idea what time it starts today? :D

Usually 18.00 GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

More like 18:10, by the time you get access. The first day gets hammered by servers. Subsequent days are usually never anywhere near as bad and usually have no problem seeing the deals immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Aaaand we're live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Search on the store appears broken.

Far cry3 + BD is all gaben is getting me for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Hope they put Left 4 Dead 3 on discount.

Competition is fierce these days in the PC market so I'd be surprised if I buy much given that there's been many good deals in the past year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Looking to pick up a new GPU. Sold my R9 290 a while back and I'm looking for something in or around £200. The problem I have is should I buy something like a 750ti to tide me over until the 880/870 or should I go for a 760/770/280x now?

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a new GPU. Sold my R9 290 a while back and I'm looking for something in or around £200. The problem I have is should I buy something like a 750ti to tide me over until the 880/870 or should I go for a 760/770/280x now?

880/870 most likely going to be in a region of 600eu anyway. I would wait and see whats going to happen as when 880/870 lands, the 780 and 780ti will drop in price a lot.
    You could just buy something on adverts to do you for now and save up some quid for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If anyone is interested, I'll be selling two EVGA 780's soon as the 880's are available. :D

glynf wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I'll be selling two EVGA 780's soon as the 880's are available. :D

Might just take you up on one (or if you catch me on a really good day, two) of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Hi gus, I need a little help, lately my PC has some times refused to start the first time i start her up. it could take a few goes at pushing the on/off button even on the MB itself. Yesterday we had a power cut and to took me an age to get it back running, this morning the same thing.

While i had the side cover off the case checking thing everything looks to be ok and contented, power was going to the the led for the power and reset button on the MB. After awhile of checking the 3pin plugs and not getting it to work, i got frustrated and started to flick the on/off switch on the PSU, then suddenly it kicked into life. Now the system is on, every thing is running ok but the MB is showing a 80 code.

Any idea what could be causing this or is there something failing in the system.

System

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
    i7-3930K @ 3.2GHz
    16GB Corsair RAM
    H100
    GTX 660Ti
    Corsair AX650 PSU
    120GB Samsung 830 SSD boot drive
    240GB Samsung 830 SSD drive for work
    2TB WD Caviar Green storage drive
    120GB SAMsung 830 SSD to cash the 2TB HDD
    Running Windows 7 HP

I built the system in Sept 2012

looks like Club3d droped another fantastic card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Hi gus, I need a little help, lately my PC has some times refused to start the first time i start her up. it could take a few goes at pushing the on/off button even on the MB itself. Yesterday we had a power cut and to took me an age to get it back running, this morning the same thing.

While i had the side cover off the case checking thing everything looks to be ok and contented, power was going to the the led for the power and reset button on the MB. After awhile of checking the 3pin plugs and not getting it to work, i got frustrated and started to flick the on/off switch on the PSU, then suddenly it kicked into life. Now the system is on, every thing is running ok but the MB is showing a 80 code.

Any idea what could be causing this or is there something failing in the system.

System

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
    i7-3930K @ 3.2GHz
    16GB Corsair RAM
    H100
    GTX 660Ti
    Corsair AX650 PSU
    120GB Samsung 830 SSD boot drive
    240GB Samsung 830 SSD drive for work
    2TB WD Caviar Green storage drive
    120GB SAMsung 830 SSD to cash the 2TB HDD
    Running Windows 7 HP

I built the system in Sept 2012

Can you try another PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

looks like Club3d droped another fantastic card.

Tempting me to dump my Club 7870...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I get that same thing sometimes also running socket 2011. Only way to fix it is flick the psu on and off a few times. Doesn't effect anything else, just sometimes a delay between pressing the on button and the boot, or else it'll just not turn on until it's been plugged out and switches flicked and randomly messing about with it.

3930k, h100, samsung 830 in common with you. Different everything else. If you find out a fix let me know because it's fairly annoying!

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Can you try another PSU?

Rebel Rebel,

I had a similar issue before and as Brian suggested a new PSU sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Sarz91 wrote: »

why did you sell the r9 290? :confused:It's somewhere between gtx 770 and 780 in terms of performance. Was it a reference card with too much noise/heat produced?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

It was my first build so it is my only PSU, am i right in thinking it is not worth risking running the system on what could be a faulty PSU.

Surprise to hear it is a common problem.

As its a decent brand PSU, it has over & under voltage/over current protection your motherboard etc. should be OK, though if its acting up best to get rid of it-its not worth the risk. You could check the 12V output from the PSU and also mains voltage in case. Brownouts can easily fry electronics, especially in rural areas due to supply issues. This from the lazy bollox with a UPS in the shed for the last 6 months I've not bothered to hook up.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    why did you sell the r9 290? :confused:It's somewhere between gtx 770 and 780 in terms of performance. Was it a reference card with too much noise/heat produced?

Ye it was reference. Noise and heat just got the better of me. Was also looking for an entry level gaming pc at the time for my brother and swapped the 290 for one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement