Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

masonchat wrote: »
    Today i got El Toro Cigarrillos Naturales was really lookin forward to this having read and seen so many good reviews , its dated best before jul 14 so im guessing it doesnt need steeping.

To say im disappointed is understatement of the year, put new coil in my protank 2 with aero base , cotton wick , this could be a dekang cheap as chips liquid as far as im concerned, what is all the fuss about ?

So its been a month , i have to say it took me several attempts to like this but like it now i do, it is best in my quasar RDA clone.

It reminds me very much of 100ml dekang french pipe that i got from FT its $4.70 / 100 ml , well worth a try for anyone who like EL TORO Cigarrillos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

House of Liquids

Cigirallos Naturales
    As most people observe, this is not immediately pleasant. I did adjust to it after a day or so but still found the taste a bit overpowering. I then mixed this with Wingnuts RY-C10 and that has made a perfect combo for me, not too strong, not too sweet. The flavour is not of tobacco really (or a cigar) but something indeterminate with strong caramel tones. Definitely an all day vape. This will stick to your wicks and neccesitate a change after about two days vaping, as will all the other HOL liquids. I understand this is due to the tobacco steeping?

Papillon Natural Tobacco
    The first vape on this was a real kick and left me coughing. As is often said, the taste is more akin to the smell of tobacco then the 'taste' of it. I reckon this is as close to a tobacco vape as you will get however. Once you adjust to the kick, and vape accordingly, this can be satisfying in small doses to combat and real cig cravings you may have.

I must admit that, as this liquid (and the other HOL liquids) is steeped in actual tobacco leaves, I have a mild concern that it could be harmful as tobacco itself obviously contains some unpleasant things. I guess this is a NET discussion for elsewhere.

Virginia Prime
    Had I not mixed Cigarillos Naturales with the RY-C10 to find my ADV, I would think this to be the nicest of the HOL liquids thus far. A relatively happy medium between the harsh tobacco of Papillon and noxious Cigarillos. Has the tobacco smell taste yet also that nice caramel sweetness. Have not vaped this too much as am happiest with my HOL/RY mix bu prob the best of HOL - must try more.

Wingnuts Premium

Nut Juice
    Absolutely awful. Totally sickly. The flavour is definitely of nut but it is so singular to be overpowering and vomit inducing. I don't know why it is so sweet and sickly as that is not what I would associate with nuts. Avoid at all costs.

Gummy Bears
    Seems to divide opinion but i find it pretty good. Seems to taste nicer at lower nic levels (12 as opposed to 20). Loads of vapour. The taste really is of Gummy Bears and this really perfumes your environment strongly of same. Probably not an all day vape for me due to its being so sweet but if you like sweet vapes then it could be. I did vape this a lot initially. Unfortunately this does gunk up your wick after two days or so of vaping. Recommended nonetheless.

Vanilla Custard
    Lovely. Sweet but very nice indeed. Good mix of Custard and Vanilla, these flavours mix great on the inhale. The exhale has vanilla as the more dominant taste but as you continue to vape this works well. Could be a bit too sweet or sickly if too much is vaped but for fast and furious little vaping sessions it's really nice. sSomething about it makes you want to return to it. Going through my bottle quick enough.

RY-C10
    Supposedly a stronger taste that the other RY-C's in Wingnuts range (i.e. less sweet), which makes me glad I haven't tried the others. This is too sweet for me and has nothing in the way of tobacco about it. I haven't vaped much of this on it's own as was immediately against it but it has worked excellently well to balance the harshness of HOL liquids, adding a slight sweetness and caramel flavour to their products.

Sunset
    Strange one! In the inhale this tastes exactly like a twister ice cream. Exactly like it - the mix of the green and red as you get further in! Not really for me but If you like twisters you may really like this. The exhale is an odd sensation though - it becomes quite menthol-y and has that cool edge which I can only presume is the 'ice' element said to be in some liquids. Funny one.

Basement Brew

Bubber's Bounty
    This seems to be quite popular but not sure its for me. As has been mentioned, there is a coconut twang to it which is nice. The coconut seems stronger on the inhale though and is somewhat lost on exhaling. On exhaling I can taste the Nut flavour from Nut Juice which would actually be objectionable where it not tempered by the coconut and whatever else is in here. I think ptobably a nice vape and probably a grower but not an all day vape for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I got some Jordan's Bubble Gum by wicked today in a Healthier Smoker shop.
    It doesn't taste of bubble gum, it reminds me of a Yankee candle flavour, not a nice vape at all.
    I don't know if the shop I was in was a franchise or not but the person running it really didn't have a clue what they were on about.
    I asked what was the pg vg ratio of the liquid and they didn't know, they didn't actually know what pg and vg are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

54kroc wrote: »
    I got some Jordan's Bubble Gum by wicked today in a Healthier Smoker shop.
    It doesn't taste of bubble gum, it reminds me of a Yankee candle flavour, not a nice vape at all.
    I don't know if the shop I was in was a franchise or not but the person running it really didn't have a clue what they were on about.
    I asked what was the pg vg ratio of the liquid and they didn't know, they didn't actually know what pg and vg are.

Healthier smoker shops are notorious for not knowing what their on about. Couldn't tell me the res of the clearo, never knew that clearos could come in two kinds, no idea about pg or vg and thought the only difference in battery sizes was the size. Had no idea about smaller batts having less capacity, the guy recommend a 650 as an all day solution because "them long ones can be a bit hard to carry round"
    They are selling lots though so the KISS* method must be working for them.

* Keep It Simple Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darkvaper

Lol, I know what you mean.. came across a "STALL" at the local shopping center and was asking about different juices on offer, when I was suddenly asked would I like a sample, thinking I'd be getting a small 5 ml bottle I said sure why not. Next thing I know yer man whips out his own ego firebird from his pocket and says "try that there now I smoke that one meself" 😖

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Healthier smoker shops are notorious for not knowing what their on about. Couldn't tell me the res of the clearo, never knew that clearos could come in two kinds, no idea about pg or vg and thought the only difference in battery sizes was the size. Had no idea about smaller batts having less capacity, the guy recommend a 650 as an all day solution because "them long ones can be a bit hard to carry round"
    They are selling lots though so the KISS* method must be working for them.

* Keep It Simple Stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I was in one of the larger Chain B&M stores this afternoon, reasonable range of liquids at different strengths and an ok selection of PVs. what put me off was that while the person working there was able to answer all my questions it was obvious that they had never vaped in their life and wasn't really able to discuss any of the products beyond what hey had read in the manual. Without meaning to fault the staff member who was very helpful, but for example while they knew what the PG:VG ration of the juices was but had no idea why it was important or why someone would want different ratios.

If I'm going to buy from a B&M store I want to be able to chat to someone who really knows and uses what they are selling and can discuss the merits of one option over another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Valentine1 wrote: »
    I was in one of the larger Chain B&M stores this afternoon, reasonable range of liquids at different strengths and an ok selection of PVs. what put me off was that while the person working there was able to answer all my questions it was obvious that they had never vaped in their life and wasn't really able to discuss any of the products beyond what hey had read in the manual. Without meaning to fault the staff member who was very helpful, but for example while they knew what the PG:VG ration of the juices was but had no idea why it was important or why someone would want different ratios.

If I'm going to buy from a B&M store I want to be able to chat to someone who really knows and uses what they are selling and can discuss the merits of one option over another.

Ahh you need to get your self to a Vapefest, talk all day about ecigs and flavours and watts and wire and cotton and have a few jars at the same time.
    You know theirs an opening for a licensed ecig shop, pub come vape lounge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Ahh you need to get your self to a Vapefest,

I'm only into it about 10 days and last night while browsing through here I came across a link to the vapefest site , read through it and thought " I can't wait for Vapefest 2014 ".

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

T Juice Red Astaire Made Diy at 20% in 50/50 not including the concentrate. It's the purple Halls throat sweets basically. Pretty much them melted down and stuck in a tank. Big TH and flavour is almost overpowering. Killing my carts as well. I far prefer Vamp Vape but it's still good, have a feeling a cartomiser isn't the best way to vape it though. Surprised it's so popular myself, there's limits on how much concentrate the vendors can sell, but I'd like to keep a bit around just cause it's so different. I really like the T Juices I've tried so far and don't want to be all paranoid but sometimes I look at them in a tank and think Jaysus. The colours of them, I hope these are no less safe than any other juices at least.

Pink Spot Rip Tide DIYed at 22% at 50/50 again. Supposed to be a fruit blend with menthol. Changed a lot as it steeped, the strong menthol kick is almost gone now and there's f all flavour coming through. Mix mightn't have turned out right. Smells like a Strawberry Ripple out of the bottle but no cream or vanilla coming through once I use it. It's also a weird lilac colour. Think it might stay on the shelf if it doesn't change again.

Mr. Rip's by VapeTrik or the nutty reviewer off youtube.
    16mg Nic
    PG/VG 60/40

I'm no fan of sweet desert flavours but my god this liquid is excellent.
    It's a very rich creamy custard flavour with a pleasant throat hit.
    I've been vaping it a couple of days and I just don't get bored of it.
    Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Vaping Dog light tobacco. A sweet tobacco flavour. Not as sickly sweet as RY4.

A nice vape, would recommend it to RY4 lovers.

Victoria Sandwich by Mrs. Lord & Co.
    16mg Nic
    PG/VG 50/50

It tastes exactly like it's name, lovely raspberry and vanilla flavour.
    It wouldn't be an all day vape but it's nice enough for a couple of hours of vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Victoria Sandwich by Mrs. Lord & Co.
    16mg Nic
    PG/VG 50/50

It tastes exactly like it's name, lovely raspberry and vanilla flavour.
    It wouldn't be an all day vape but it's nice enough for a couple of hours of vaping.

Is this a new Mrs Lords flavour? My daily vape is their Seville Marmalade so I'll have to give this one a go I reckon.

Ionised wrote: »
    Is this a new Mrs Lords flavour? My daily vape is their Seville Marmalade so I'll have to give this one a go I reckon.

Tis the new one alright.
    Is the Seville Marmalade a sweet liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Tis the new one alright.
    Is the Seville Marmalade a sweet liquid?

It's kind of sweet I guess but has a lovely bitter Marmalade exhale rather than just an orange flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

I got a bottle of "G2 Prime Vazilla" in the post this morning. :) Its really nice, but I think I still prefer the "Wingnuts Select ~ Vanilla Custard!

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/vazilla.htm

I keep getting dry hits when I'm vaping the "G2 Prime Vazilla." I don't know if I'm getting dry hits because the liquid is too thick for the clearomizer that I'm using? Or is it my clearomizer that is dodgy? I always use the "Visions V3" Clearomizers, I'm using a brand new one today. I really like the Visions V3 coz I never, normally, have any problems with them. But I can't figure out why I keep getting the dry hits? :(

"G2 Prime Vazilla" is a lovely e-liquid, it tastes and smells divine! <3 But the dry hits are burning the throat off me. Any suggestions? Thanx! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Ahlusion - Strawberry Vanilla Cake. 12mg in 50/50. Fck me it's good. The strawberry is super sweet, just the way I like it, the vanillas not too strong, but it's there and the exhale has a shortbready/cakey/doughy feel. I've been vaping diy juice for a long time, I forgot how nice a well crafted juice can be. They seem to have a 'pop' my mixes just don't have. This is really annoying, I'm going to start buying pre-made again. Bugger. And it looks like this will be nigh on impossible to get again. Damn you vaping gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

G2 Shocker.

Its a fairly nice liquid. Not much raspberry. I was expecting more even after letting it sit it's very much just aniseed with a very slight raspberry flavour. Great vapour, it is a thick liquid. It looks fantastic in a tank :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

G2 blue pop shock

Nice juice but thats about it, just nice. I was expecting an explosion of flavour but its quite absent. KIND OF tastes like ribena just a bit sweeter.

It seems to be heavy on the VG so it probably explains the weak flavour, but the vapour is outstanding.Clouds I tell ya!

Throathit, very weak for an 18 mg.

Also the bottle is a bit dodgy, andbody else getting leaks from the top?, only trickles but it all adds up when you take into account that bottles are only 30ml.

Good vapour
    Average taste
    Poor throat hit.
    Wicks poorly

Very average juice, wouldnt pay the premium price for it. 6/10

Ya kind of leaky bottle on my Shocker for some reason.

• Advertisement

Yep, my bottle of "G2 Prime Vazilla" is very leaky too. I much rather the "Wingnuts select ~ Vanilla Custard," it has much more flavor.

G2 blue pop shock

Good vapour
    Average taste
    Poor throat hit.
    Wicks poorly

Hiya! :) What do you mean by "Wicks Poorly?" Do you make your own thingymajigs?

I just use "Visions V3" Clearomizers, I wouldn't even try to make my own coil, or whatever its called. I keep getting REALLY dry hits from the "G2 Prime Vazilla." Could it be that the e-liquid is too thick to get through to the wick? I've never had this problem with "Wingnuts Select ~ Vanilla Custard." The Wingunts Select seems a thinner e-liquid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hiya! :) What do you mean by "Wicks Poorly?" Do you make your own thingymajigs?

I just use "Visions V3" Clearomizers, I wouldn't even try to make my own coil, or whatever its called. I keep getting REALLY dry hits from the "G2 Prime Vazilla." Could it be that the e-liquid is too thick to get through to the wick? I've never had this problem with "Wingnuts Select ~ Vanilla Custard." The Wingunts Select seems a thinner e-liquid.
    Yeah I Rebuild myself using cotton so it should be soaked constantly. This juice is too thick to wick well though, too heavy on VG so thats where the dry hits are coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

accaguest wrote: »
    T Juice Red Astaire Made Diy at 20% in 50/50 not including the concentrate. It's the purple Halls throat sweets basically. Pretty much them melted down and stuck in a tank. Big TH and flavour is almost overpowering. Killing my carts as well. I far prefer Vamp Vape but it's still good, have a feeling a cartomiser isn't the best way to vape it though. Surprised it's so popular myself, there's limits on how much concentrate the vendors can sell, but I'd like to keep a bit around just cause it's so different. I really like the T Juices I've tried so far and don't want to be all paranoid but sometimes I look at them in a tank and think Jaysus. The colours of them, I hope these are no less safe than any other juices at least.

+1, for the most part.

The problem with Vamp Vape is it's too bloody tasty, it's probably a good thing I ran out, I started vaping a crazy amount of juice but I've calmed down since moving to Red Astaire. I mixed both at 15%, 12mg and 50/50.

You've hit the nail on the head with Red Astaire, reminds me of cough sweets - berries, aniseed (very subtle) and a nice blast of menthol. Though I'm not having the same problem with my cartos. (I ditched the icelar 30 altogether as it started leaking).

Re: colours, I believe I read on UKV forums that they use dyes, though I'll have to get this confirmed by Nige, they should ditch them if they are, I just don't see the point in adding them for the sake of aesthetics.

I have found the G2 Shocker to be absolutely fine for wicking on the Aerotank Mega even with the airflow all the way open, no bother. My davide (aspire BDC heads) are awful for it, they cant keep up. Lots of dry hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allyb17

Can anyone recommend something nicer or similar to VIP USA Tobacco, I find with others I get this sweet taste which I'm not gone on, there's something about that liquid I love. I want to try something else along the lines of it though

BeansBeans wrote: »
    I have found the G2 Shocker to be absolutely fine for wicking on the Aerotank Mega even with the airflow all the way open, no bother. My davide (aspire BDC heads) are awful for it, they cant keep up. Lots of dry hits.

Hiya! Is the "Aerotank Mega" one of the ones that you have to build? Coz I can't do that. Or can you buy ready made replacement coils, like the ones for Clearomizers. Do any of the Irish sites sell it? Only US sites came up when I Googled it.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger_Aerotank_Mega_p/kraet-kme.htm

Thanx! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aeromega.htm

You get coils for it like the rest of the kanger clearos, but bear in mind its fairly huge, 22mm wide. A protank mini is around 14mm and a protank 2/3 is about 17mm.

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hiya! Is the "Aerotank Mega" one of the ones that you have to build? Coz I can't do that. Or can you buy ready made replacement coils, like the ones for Clearomizers. Do any of the Irish sites sell it? Only US sites came up when I Googled it.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger_Aerotank_Mega_p/kraet-kme.htm

Thanx! :)

No it uses the adjustable airflow concept of the Kayfun/Russian. A little ring around the end to allow more or less air to enter. But they are your usual pre built heads. The new ones that come with the Aerotank mega are a bit like the Aspire BDC heads crossed with old Kanger heads. No rebuilding required.

E-smokeireland have it on their site, i think its on the second page of clearos, I would guess thebestshop have them too.

If you do go for the Aerotank, there is a bit of a silly filling system, it will leave a huge empty space in the glass tube (liquid will come at most half way up) if that bothers you, you can stick a cotton bud in the drip tip end, fill the tank up above the level of the air tube and slide the head in, you lose a tiny bit of juice, but the tank is more full than usual. If youre a tad OCD about that sort of thing. Still it is amazing if you like clearos, its around 22mm wide too if you have a mod that is that witdth it will fit nicely, if not it has the usual beauty ring/cone.

I am still very much a carto fan, not really into rebuilding. The Aerotank is the best clearo I have used, better than the Davide. Which i used to love. But it seems to me after a couple of months the heads seem to go to absolute pot for every clearo, so im off back to my carto tanks.

The only reason i still use clearos i as I have been humming and hawing for months over which glass carto tanks to buy :p

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice lads. :) I've been vaping for around 10 months now. So, I really need to start trying out new things. Recently I got very frustrated with clearomizers and e-liquids, so I ended up having a few slips. :( My boyfriend still smokes, so its too easy to have a slip when there is a box of smokes sitting on the table in front of you. :(

I use the iTaste VV, I find it good and really easy to use. Although, I need to buy a new one. I have two, but they aren't hold their charge for very long, they are worn out.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/itast3expre.htm

The only clearomizer that doesn't leak on me is the Visions V3.

http://www.vaporium.eu/tanks-clearomizers/99-vision-v3-clearomiser.html

I really like the Visions V3, it does what its supposed to do. But I think its time to get a bit more adventurous. Although, I don't really like the metal tips. I keep thinking I'm gonna knock my teeth out!

I'll have to come along the next time the vaping crew meet up. I imagine that would be the best way to learn how to use vaping products. It worries me that I smoked a few cigarettes recently, I don't wanna go back down that road.....

Advertisement