Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

masonchat wrote: »
    Today i got El Toro Cigarrillos Naturales was really lookin forward to this having read and seen so many good reviews , its dated best before jul 14 so im guessing it doesnt need steeping.

To say im disappointed is understatement of the year, put new coil in my protank 2 with aero base , cotton wick , this could be a dekang cheap as chips liquid as far as im concerned, what is all the fuss about ?

Put this in aqua clone on mvp @ 11w and its not bad just a lot milder than i was expecting maybe its the puros for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Monster Juice: http://artisan-eliquid.com/product/monster-juice-2/

Delicious, takes kinda like a green opal fruit with a bit of pineapple mixed in. I haven't tasted the monster energy drink so don't know if its like that. Great bright green colour to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Got my samples from heli, thank you, currently stepping, will report back with my findings :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Update re., Papillon Organic Tobacco from HOL...

Lovely juice, but a serious coil killer :eek:

I'm getting a days vaping out of a coil before I start getting that unpleasant burnt taste, swap out the coil & back to pleasant vaping :mad:

Once again the quest for the perfect (or close too) tobacco juice is on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Vivid liquids seem to have arrived at most petrol stations around the country from what I can see.....they are 100% PG, love the tobacco flavour (After mixing with VG) Don't care a lot for the flavours.....berry, menthol.....more peppermint tbh...but really love the tobacco flavour....am quite sure this is a rebranded dekang or Hangsen liquid....very littl effort gone into this as regards marketing, seems the same as HOL liquids....lazy marketing.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Vivid liquids seem to have arrived at most petrol stations around the country from what I can see.....they are 100% PG, love the tobacco flavour (After mixing with VG) Don't care a lot for the flavours.....berry, menthol.....more peppermint tbh...but really love the tobacco flavour....am quite sure this is a rebranded dekang or Hangsen liquid....very littl effort gone into this as regards marketing, seems the same as HOL liquids....lazy marketing.....:)
    Is it the Vivid Golden Tobacco flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Update re., Papillon Organic Tobacco from HOL...

Lovely juice, but a serious coil killer :eek:

I'm getting a days vaping out of a coil before I start getting that unpleasant burnt taste, swap out the coil & back to pleasant vaping :mad:

Once again the quest for the perfect (or close too) tobacco juice is on :rolleyes:

After about 5 or 6 hours vaping this in a dripper it looked like an absolute mess the next day, worst I've ever come across. Very tasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Perique is the most efficient coil killer I've tried, a few hours at most is all you get in an RDA, probably not suitable for a clearo.Never tried the organic range from HoL though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Received my samples from artisan e-liquids, many thanks Paul.

Love the spiced orange, lovely to vape sitting in the sun. Lovely orange taste with just enough spice to take the sweetness off.

Monster juice is great as well, lovely flavour, but no idea how I'd describe it!

Haven't tried the rest yet.

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Is it the Vivid Golden Tobacco flavour?
    Yes it is....have been vaping it since I got it, albeit mixed 1:1 with VG......some flavour even after diluting it by 50%......not crazy about the berry tbh....bit cheap sweet flavour.....the Menthol is really peppermint and loads of it....again I dilute with VG as these juices are 100% PG and PG ruins my gorgeous looks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

Faded Vapes' "The Godfather"...Well, on first inspection it smelled delicious. Really rich, kind of thought it would end up a juice I vaped for an hour or two of an evening watching a movie. It isn't awful as such, just overbearingly rich IMO. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see how it goes.

Space Jam Robo Fuel's "Eclipse"...YUK! First impressions, it smelled interesting. Spicy tobacco, I thought. Instead the best description I can come up with is, it's like vaping Christmas. Think a nice tobacco-ey base, that is then ran over multiple times by a truckload of...nutmeg?! Yeah. Not impressed.

Bottle of The Standard Vape's "Cell Block Four" due tomorrow I think, so here's hoping for some tasty juice or else I'm calling it quits for a while and going back to Navy Cut Coil Killer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^That's some gourmet sh1t right there. Fck a Dekang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

dePeatrick wrote: »

I get a rash from too much PG, I found a 70% Vg mix recently, smooth and suits me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Couple of recent reviews

Zeus Aphrodites affair

Delicious and highly recommended but not an ADV for me, possibly the best cherry/strawberry and chocolate I've tried tbh. (authenticity wise)

Hangsen Stars and Stripes Cola

Left this in my drawer for a long time assuming it'd be awful but it's surprisingly a very tasty cola vape, need to try it steeped next time round. Coils get on really well with it and it's a perfect all day vape for me, not too sweet either.

madness98 wrote: »
    I get a rash from too much PG, I found a 70% Vg mix recently, smooth and suits me.
    Yep....same as....am on 50:50 only now and then and am moving slowly towards as close as I can get to 100% VG...Yes the VG is lovely and smooth, PG also irritates my throat if I vape more than usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Samba wrote: »
    Couple of recent reviews

Zeus Aphrodites affair

Delicious and highly recommended but not an ADV for me, possibly the best cherry/strawberry and chocolate I've tried tbh. (authenticity wise)

I was really disappointed with this. It smelt lovely in the bottle, and for the first 10 minutes or so of vaping. Gave me my first case of vapers tongue after a few hours though, and haven't touched it since.

I was really disappointed with this. It smelt lovely in the bottle, and for the first 10 minutes or so of vaping. Gave me my first case of vapers tongue after a few hours though, and haven't touched it since.

Did ya gave it a good week of steeping? Based on what I read I was expecting a perfect ADV, no idea how some people vape it all day tbh. I enjoyed it with my after lunch coffee for a few toots, but anything more and it's just too much, I feel a bit the same about any juice with chocolate in it.

Although I polished off the bottle no problem I don't think I'd buy it, my 2nd bottle of cola just arrived this morning though. :)

They also sent me Kona's cooler (great methol, but it's about as strong as vick's vaporub, one to vape when you've got a cold).

Another one I got is Poseiden's Poison - this is the only one I could vape all day and really like it, again though it's not really natural fruit but more sweet and syrupy, tastes like a very sweet lemonade with a dash of strawberry syrup. Of the three it's the only one i'd buy more of.

Oh and I almost forgot, they also sent me Latakia blend, I'm scared to vape it, weirdest smelling juice....ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Mom & Pops' DIY

Blue Ridge Mist: Meh. The Red Ridge Mist has a lovely cream on the exhale but don't get that at all from this. Mixed it from concentrate at 22% so should be flavoursome but not pushed about it. Should have let it steep longer maybe but it's a clear juice and I wonder is it possible to have a really nice juice be clear? Will easily go through it though and try and leave a little for a long steep just in case.

Grape Ape: Alright. Pretty good compared to the only other grape I tried and just the right side of banana. Tastes like a Jolly Rancher sweet. It's not the most natural but I never expect banana flavours to be natural anymore so better to embrace that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Samba wrote: »
    Did ya gave it a good week of steeping? Based on what I read I was expecting a perfect ADV, no idea how some people vape it all day tbh. I enjoyed it with my after lunch coffee for a few toots, but anything more and it's just too much, I feel a bit the same about any juice with chocolate in it.

Gave it another try during the week, and yet again could notice my sense of taste rapidly disappearing in the first 20 minutes or so. Also thought there was something of a plasticy taste off it. This got me thinking that it may be reacting with the Kanger T3s that I was using.
    Tried it in my only glass clearomiser yesterday, a Kanger protank 3, and it tastes as it should for the first time. Maybe I got mine from a bad batch or something, as nobody else appears to have had the same problem with it.

Gave it another try during the week, and yet again could notice my sense of taste rapidly disappearing in the first 20 minutes or so. Also thought there was something of a plasticy taste off it. This got me thinking that it may be reacting with the Kanger T3s that I was using.
    Tried it in my only glass clearomiser yesterday, a Kanger protank 3, and it tastes as it should for the first time. Maybe I got mine from a bad batch or something, as nobody else appears to have had the same problem with it.

I had it sitting in a plastic tank for well over 10 days with no problems. It could be an issue with batch quality alright, I'm really disappointed with a recent purchase of a bottle of Halo Malibu, there's way too much coconut in it compared to normal and usually they're on the ball with batch quality. It happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I bought some vaping dog Menthol Ice from vaping 365 today.

I'm not a big menthol fan, but this stuff is seriously good. It's light on the menthol, but with a banana, yes banana after taste.

Their juice is 70% vg so plenty of vapour, but still has heaps of flavour and a decent throat hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Vanilla Custard, YUM!!

Was ordering another protank 3 mini and decided to give this a go.
    Similar to Crem Brulee, but nicer and more throat hit than the Highbrow Vapour Liquid.
    Although the Crem Brulee was only 12mg, so that could have made a difference to the TH!!
    Lovely creamy vape, with a sweetness that really kicks in on the exhale and after taste.
    Definite custard taste, but something else going on, caramel??
    Darker coloured liquid than I expected and very minimal info on the bottle, but the website has a link to the manufacturer that is quite impressive and informative.
    At €14 for a 100ml bottle, (yes that's 100ml) I am well impressed and think I have found my new "all day vape"
    Next day delivery was sweet too.

http://www.vapefreaks.com/Hangsen_100ml_Liquid_-_Vanilla_Custard/p2486621_11761314.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

what are people's thoughts on hangsen liquids?
    i bought the ry4 and liked it so bought a coconut and a virginia flavour but both seem to be very weak in flavour and not enjoying them very much.
    i shook both bottles and left open in a dark spot for 24 hours but it still didnt increase the flavour,any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

jambofc wrote: »
    what are people's thoughts on hangsen liquids?
    i bought the ry4 and liked it so bought a coconut and a virginia flavour but both seem to be very weak in flavour and not enjoying them very much.
    i shook both bottles and left open in a dark spot for 24 hours but it still didnt increase the flavour,any thoughts?

My take on them is:

They are not gourmet liquids and don't pretend to be.
    They are also not cheapo bargain bin stuff either.
    I would put them a few steps above Dekang.
    Their website is impressive enough, lots of certification and a European manufacturing base now too.
    There will always be people knocking Dekang and Hangsen cos they are cheaper than most other liquids, but in my experience with Hangsen I would have no problem recommending them. The only flavour I got that I didn't like was green mint, that could be just me though.
    Something to note though, I almost always have to steep them for at least 3 or 4 days when I buy the 100ml bottles. I think they are bottled too fresh.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can anyone recommend a tobacco flavour that has a good hit at 0mg? I've only tried one once, and unfortunately the hit and flavour was also a big zero.

I typically use USA mix or 555 HIGHWAY TOBACCO from Bargain Vapour, but they don't come in 0mg strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Eoin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a tobacco flavour that has a good hit at 0mg? I've only tried one once, and unfortunately the hit and flavour was also a big zero.

I typically use USA mix or 555 HIGHWAY TOBACCO from Bargain Vapour, but they don't come in 0mg strength.

Mount Baker Vapour have those flavours and more in 0mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Earth Brother by Halcyon Haze (Posh TJuice?)

Amazing, nicest tobacco I have ever had. Its basically turkish with roasted chestnuts great flavour, theres something else there too, maybe cinammon or cloves. Not really sure. I absolutely love this stuff. Very strong throat hit for an 18mg though I find.
    Bear in mind I love Turkish tobacco flavours.

I got it in VapourPal, €12 or €13 for 20ml though being the downside. I would buy it more often if they had 30ml bottles, but thats just me being a fussy bastard.

Bugger all vapour though. 60/40 PG/VG Would have expected better, but noticed it with one of their orange liquids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I recently got a biggish order from cloudhousevapor.com, couple of sample packs from Mount Baker Vapor and DnG. Haven't tried them all yet but here are a few quick reviews:

Mount Baker Banana Nut Bread: My favourite so far, good strong banana upfront with with a nutty sweet flavour on the exhale, very tasty and huge vapour production with 50/50. Highly recommend.

Mount Baker Moo Juice: Not bad, more cream than strawberry but tasty enough, not a very strong throat hit. Might leave it steep for a bit longer before filling another tank. Also got Blue Moo which I haven't tried yet but it smells lovely.

Mount Baker Hawk Juice: Slightly sour and fruity, also very tasty. Works really well in a kayfun but not such a great juice for a dripper. Recommend.

Mount Baker Vanilla Custard: Possibly needs to be steeped but very disappointing, could only really taste cream, no sweetness or custard. Wouldn't recommend.

Mount Baker 555 Tobacco: Not nice at all! More like a turkish tobacco flavour (which I'm not a fan of), no vanilla/caramel notes at all. Will leave to steep before trying again.

DnG Monkey Bite: Really nice, stronger banana than the nut bread above. Really liking banana flavours lately and I don't even eat bananas!

DnG Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Also a nice juice but lacking something, the pineapple is a little muted. Would still recommend if you like pineapple.

DnG Last Stand: Not bad but not very exciting either. Generic enough sweetish/creamy taste, hints of caramel and something else that I wasn't sure of. Maybe worth a go if you like dessert vapes.

Haven't tried Campfire Smores or Pixie Dust yet but the former smells chocolatey and the latter very sweet.

Finally from Cloudhouse I got a bottle of kaleidoscope by Indigo. Came in a nice glass bottle with dripper and described as melon plus other fruits. Pleasant enough sweet and sour type fruity vape but no real standout flavours so wouldn't recommend. Might try it in a kayfun or Taifun to see if a tank suits it better, not great in a low ohm dripper.

While I'm at it I may as well mention Derailed from Suicide Bunny (available from ESI), absolutely delicious. Described as snickerdoodle but tasted more like banoffi to me, really rich caramel and banana. Will definitely get again at some stage, flew through the ~25 ml bottle (advertised as 30ml but the glass bottle wasn't that full and didn't look like 30ml to me, I could be wrong of course). Pity it's so expensive. Hopefully they consider increasing the bottle sizes or reducing the price to make these liquids more accessible.

And finally 3 from artisaneliquids, love the cola one, tastes exactly like those fizzy cola sweets. Monster juice and oraiste baisteach not bad but didn't blow me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Just thought I'd throw out a quick review of a Juice I recently tried.

Mount Baker Vapour Cherry Limade
    50/50
    6mg

Vaping in a protank 3 Mini on a standard evod battery.

I'm a fan of sweet and berry flavours with cherry flavour anything an absolute favorite of mine so I thought I'd probably enjoy this. When I first tried it when it arrived the lime flavour was completely over powering and tasted like concentrated Lime jelly and no hint of cherry or sweetness. in fact the lime was so strong it was pretty much unvapable.

I let it sit to steep with the top off and I'm pleased to say the lime jelly flavour has backed right off giving it a pleasant lime taste with on the draw with a sweet after taste on the exhale. However I am still not detecting any trace of the Cherry and lime would not be a particular favorite of mine.

It remains a pretty pleasant vape with lots of vapour and a good throat hit even for such low nicotine, I wouldn't vape it on the regular but it does make a nice alternative to the likes of Hawk Sauce which is my current favorite liquid. I'm going to leave it sit for a while and see if the cherry flavour comes out at all.

Over all 6/10

• Advertisement

Ezsmoke Hazy days. 80/20 PG VG @ 11mg

I got a free bottle of shisha apple with my vapemail this morning (thanks Declan!). I'd literally smoke a hookah pipe all day given the opportunity, in fact I'm pretty sure I experienced my first case of mild nicotine poisoning from doing just that, lack of portability has always been a pet hate of mine with hookahs. It's been a while since I visited a tea room lined with em.

From the bottle it smells exactly as you would expect, apple shisha. To vape, sure you can get those authentic shisha tones clearly but something else my taste buds despise, immediately crept up and smacked them in the face, aniseed.

I can't say I'm big on aniseed unfortunately. :(

On some draws it's more subtle and I appreciate the flavour more on those, but as I carry on vaping it gets more intense and I have to put it down. Such a crying shame (for me personally). If you like aniseed I see no reason why you won't love it.

Mild TH

Good VP.

God damn aniseed ruined what I was expecting to be an exquisite vape.

For the record, most apple shisha generally tastes exactly like this and they often have a fair chunk of aniseed (at varying levels), only a few rarer variants I've tried taste of pure apple, so I can't fault the flavour, it does do exaclty what it says but the aniseed is just too strong for my taste buds.

Advertisement