Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Betting Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Frustrating night to put it mildly. Clips erase a 22 point deficit to come back and win but don't cover, Wiz blow a 17 point lead, after the Pacers tie it in the 4th the Wiz go go on a 9-0 run only to completely collapse. I know basketball is like that, wouldn't mind if I benefitted from it once in a while but it seems lately I am never on the right side in these games where a team comes back from a big deficit, always on the team that blows it. Last round Toronto in game 5 and Spurs in Game 4 both blew huge leads of 26 and 20 points, won the games but ended in a push and a loss against the spread when both should have been winning bets.

I feel like a bit like a Liverpool fan today I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Spurs to sweep tonight. No magic fix for the blazers and i can't see the spurs not showing up they'll want to wrap this up asap. On the spread plus a little wager at -13.5 for 4/1.

Indiana has lost game 1 at home in the first 2 series, and with Miami only giving 2 pts it looks too easy to take the Heat. Indiana have turned things around, showing the ability to close out games and I think everyone would like to see a team that can finally offer a credible challenge to the Heat. I suppose it's a matter of will the game 1 blues continue for Ind or are they due a game 1 win.

I'm going for the latter, Pacers are good enough to at least make this a long series, and think the teams will split the first 2, so I'm happy enough to take a chance on the home dog tonight, if they lose I'll back em again in game 2 to get even. If they win I go Miami in game 2.

Though I do wish Stephenson hadn't come out with those comments about Wade's knee, giving the Heat bulletin board material is not very wise at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

sligoface wrote: »
    Indiana has lost game 1 at home in the first 2 series, and with Miami only giving 2 pts it looks too easy to take the Heat. Indiana have turned things around, showing the ability to close out games and I think everyone would like to see a team that can finally offer a credible challenge to the Heat. I suppose it's a matter of will the game 1 blues continue for Ind or are they due a game 1 win.

I'm going for the latter, Pacers are good enough to at least make this a long series, and think the teams will split the first 2, so I'm happy enough to take a chance on the home dog tonight, if they lose I'll back em again in game 2 to get even. If they win I go Miami in game 2.

Though I do wish Stephenson hadn't come out with those comments about Wade's knee, giving the Heat bulletin board material is not very wise at all.

Yup.

Scott Foster is the ref too, which is worrying.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thankfully road favouritsm ref Scott Foster had no real impact on the game.

Look forward to seeing the lines for Game 2. Hopefully a reverse swing.

• Advertisement

Had a feeling that even with the Pacers winning handily and still being at home that they'd still be dogs for game 2. They won't score points like that again but I think they will still play tough basketball.

However, Miami off a loss is the best spot to take them, and the things they did wrong in game 1 are the easiest to correct, while the things the Pacers did right, like hit loads of 3s, is hard to repeat. Even playing their best game of the playoffs the Heat had cut the lead to 3 and with the way the Pacers shot the ball they would have beat most teams by 20+ instead of 11.

With game 3 not till Saturday, I think Miami will feel they need to respond tonight big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

K.D under 9 rebounds. Direct opponent Kawhi Leonard is one of the best rebounders in the league at his position. Generally when I post here I jinx myself, but feck it, I said I'd share my thoughts anyway!

As bad as they looked in game 1 I'd say OKC will most likely win either game 2 or 3, gonna go ahead and take them small tonight, got +6 early which is pretty good value, and good teams tend to respond after gettng blown out. Anyway if they lose again I'll just take them at home in game 3. Gotta love the playoffs!

A bit of value in the under as well possibly with the Thunder likely looking to play strong defense as a team and denying passes to the paint to try and get stops without Ibaka.

I guess OKC didn't get blown out by enough in game 1, but they definitely did in game 2. Despite the Ibaka injury having obvious effect, and SA looking like a complete machine,I'd be genuinely shocked if OKC lose again tonight. SA went 7 games with the 8th seed, now they're gonna go up 3-0 on the 2 seed who was the league MVP. Nah.

Durant got to the line more than any player in the league this year and I'd say there will be free throws aplenty in this game for him and OKC. Line opened at -2 and is now at 2.5 despite getting blown out 2 games in a row. Tells me all I need to know.

Teams that get blown out tend to respond, couple that with going home and a longer than normal break and OKC gets the nod for a nice bet tonight. Also the ganging up on one person by the media and fans (Scott Brooks in this case) seems to galvanize teams, a la Hibbert last series.

For a bit of balance, have to say i read a quote from a Spurs player saying they realized that game 2 was 'a dangerous win', as in they could relax and let OKC back in it after only winning half the amount of games needed to advance. Shows how amture and smart they are and how well they are coached. And I don't like picking teams just because they are in 'must win' situations, must win does not equal 'will win', I've learned that much. And I like the Spurs to win the title, but I'm still all over OKC tonight.

Chalmers over 8.5 points
    Hill under 11.5 points

• Advertisement

Okc Sa, game 6. Due for a tight defensive struggle. Under 206.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anything for tonight, heat look good for the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

Anything for tonight, heat look good for the handicap

Heat often play badly after a long rest. (Eg pacers game 1)

Don't want to put you off, but I think Spurs will win tonight by about ten points

Game on tomorrow guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

buyer95 wrote: »
    Game on tomorrow guys!

Ah yes.
    I actually thought it was Thursday today.

The waiting is killing me

BQQ wrote: »
    Ah yes.
    I actually thought it was Thursday today.

The waiting is killing me

Me too bro, me too.

BQQ wrote: »
    Heat often play badly after a long rest. (Eg pacers game 1)

Don't want to put you off, but I think Spurs will win tonight by about ten points

Nice I took the spurs handi and overs.is LeBron buckled now?

Good old aftertiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll be taking the Heat to win straight up in game two.

They've won 12 consecutive times following a loss in the playoffs which speaks for itself and the criticism that LeBron has got over this cramping issue will have him extremely fired up. If they lose on Sunday then they'll have to win 4 of 5 games which, in all probability, isn't going to happen against the Spurs, so the consequences of a 2nd defeat in a row are stark.

Heat to win at 7/4 (Paddy Power).

Everyone on the heat train?

• Advertisement

Everyone on the heat train?

I don't have a stake in tonights game, but I fancy the spurs to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

Heat to win tonight ?

Great odds.. reckon could happen 11+...

Dariukas wrote: »
    Heat to win tonight ?

on less some one can convince me other wise ill leave this bar the spurs to win by 21+ points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Dariukas wrote: »
    Heat to win tonight ?

Thanks for getting my hopes up. It's tomorrow, not tonight.:(

And no I don't think Miami will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

Thanks for getting my hopes up. It's tomorrow, not tonight.:(

And no I don't think Miami will win.

Hah, i'm a day ahead... I still hope they can come back and win one game... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nerlens Noel looks a good bet at 10/1 for Rookie of the Year.

One year practice/experience with an NBA team ahead of all the other rookies.
    Might get a sympathy vote by the media if he puts up decent-ish numbers just because he missed his first year.
    Maybe I'm clutching at straws.

Nerlens Noel looks a good bet at 10/1 for Rookie of the Year.

One year practice/experience with an NBA team ahead of all the other rookies.
    Might get a sympathy vote by the media if he puts up decent-ish numbers just because he missed his first year.
    Maybe I'm clutching at straws.

Noel was a projected 1st pick in a very weak draft.Wiggins, Parker, Exum and Smart all stand to have better seasons imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Anybody see any standouts on the Paddy Power / Ladbrokes markets for the over under on team wins this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Anybody see any standouts on the Paddy Power / Ladbrokes markets for the over under on team wins this season?

Pistons over 34.5 looks good to me. Stan van Gundy in charge, have some talent on the roster in Monroe and Drummond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Portland to win the Northwest looks good now surely? 10/11 with William Hill.

Advertisement