Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Betting Thread 2013/2014

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Money on Love over 17.5 points tonight. Love said today he doesn't know his role in the offense and wants more touches. Look for LeBron and co to try and get him shots tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Noticed this on Oddschecker if anyone is interested. The prices for the Eastern conference winner.

876ce117497fe579eb5bf355bbb0d301.png

You'll notice Boylesports have the Hawks at 12/1, while they are as short as 3/1 elsewhere. E/W terms are 1-2, half the odds. So if you take the Hawks e/w with Boyles you're getting 6/1 on them to reach the Eastern final. Wizards at 33/1 e/w would give you odds of 16.5/1 on them getting to the Eastern final! It's clear that every team listed is wrongly priced at those odds.

However, they have the rest of the teams in the market priced all over the place too. So if any other teams take your fancy, jump on before they realise their mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Did you manage to get anything on this? I went on today and they'd no futures up at all, someone's probably getting a slap on the wrist there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Those were the prices for the teams to win the championship and was a fault with oddschecker.When you clicked the link on oddschecker it brought you to outright winner not conference winner.

Has anyone seen this crap where you do a team + points and they lose in OT and it counts as a loss?

I'm just happy it wasn't the only loser from my 6 teams, also had GSW -8.5 :/... But the Cavs game is down as a loser too.

That makes no sense, if you've a team +1.5 and they go to OT than surely that's a win.

Worst thing was I added that by accident, happened twice yesterday on bet365 mobile, need to be weary of that.

This standard practice across the chains?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Has anyone seen this crap where you do a team + points and they lose in OT and it counts as a loss?

I'm just happy it wasn't the only loser from my 6 teams, also had GSW -8.5 :/... But the Cavs game is down as a loser too.

That makes no sense, if you've a team +1.5 and they go to OT than surely that's a win.

Worst thing was I added that by accident, happened twice yesterday on bet365 mobile, need to be weary of that.

This standard practice across the chains?

No the handicap includes all over time !

No the handicap includes all over time !

That's pretty stupid isn't it?
    It makes absolutely no sense to ever do the + team if the favourite gets two bites at it.

I generally don't do the +, was just a mistake last night so I guess it won't generally effect me but I can't get my head around including OT.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

It makes absolutely no sense to ever do the + team if the favourite gets two bites at it.

I generally don't do the +, was just a mistake last night so I guess it won't generally effect me but I can't get my head around including OT.

Thanks

Not really its just the way it goes for american sports ,nhl nfl baseball all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Thanks
    No, the NBA itself don't give points for drawing at full time. It's win or loose even in overtime. Why would a bookies be different?

Nets the big bet tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

It's not over until it's over. Orlando, Philly and Knicks apparently have a chance to win the East still, according to Paddy Power.
    They have the same for the West
    Capture.png

You know it's bad when you have the same Rookie of the Year odds as a player who went down with a season ending injury on opening night. Good job bookies.

Capture.png

Atlanta still a bit of value I wonder. They're bound to be under-valued if they have an Eastern series final v Cleveland.

Grizzlies +10.5 @ Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If I weren't tailing a former poster, I'd have taken the Grizzlies +10.5 last night. Wonder if Conley is back next game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Bet365's courtsider made a little typo in the Hawks game tonight.
    It was available for a good 15 seconds but I didn't manage to take advantage.
    lolz

DzkfpS6.png

Cavs ML @ Hawks, evens (Bet Victor).

Advertisement