Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Betting Thread 2013/2014

• 17-11-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that no one has started this thread yet. Post your gambling tips/bets placed for the nights games here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I've a little 5 team accumalator going tonight. Mavs, Heat, Rockets, Wolves, and Wizards. I'm on Mavs -3 tonight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Did the overs in GSW Jazz, Nets Portland, Bobcats Bulls and OKC Nuggets, along with an unders in the 76ers Mavs game

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm taking the Trail Blazers +2 at the Nets tonight.

Trail Blazers going very well so far (8-2) while the Nets are struggling big time (3-6) and are also struggling with injuries as four of five starters missed last nights loss to the Clippers.

ESPN say that Williams, Lopez and AK47 are definitely out tonight, Livingston likely starts at PG and Blatche at C. Garnett is probable and Pierce a game time decision. Joe Johnson is the only 100% healthy Nets starter:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9996297/deron-williams-brook-lopez-brooklyn-nets-monday-vs-portland-trail-blazers

Following Nuri Sahin bets tonight. That'd be Bulls-3.5 1st quarter, OKC Nuggets 1st quarter total points over 53.5 points, Mavs -3.5 1st quarter, -7 1st half. On Curry over 21.5 points as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Tuesady Night

Detroit to beat Knicks .. Knicks are god awful (only Carmel Anthony) ,especially at MSG (better on the road) Detroit might not be much good either but its a home game, and their losses where road games to good teams. But, Knicks record against Detroit is pretty good. But, Knicks team sucks this season. Not a confident tio

Miami to beat Atlanta , usual workman like win, no hammering

Phoenix to beat Sacramento Kings

Houston, if Lin is playing well, to beat Celtics, but I would not be confident about that, Houston ain't all that either

Minnestota beat Washington - not entirely confident, surely Wizzards are going to win some home games

Thoughts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

A tip for anyone that might not be aware - Paddypower are offering odds of 3.75 that Wiggins does NOT go number one in the draft. I'd jump all over that. I really doubt Wiggins will go first despite all the hype - Parker looks far more skilled in every department and he's no slouch athletically. He has superstar written all over him and I'm not as confident in Wiggins. I'd even be surprised if Randle doesn't go ahead of Wiggins. Wiggins is hugely talented but also very raw.

moneyman wrote: »
    A tip for anyone that might not be aware - Paddypower are offering odds of 3.75 that Wiggins does NOT go number one in the draft. I'd jump all over that. I really doubt Wiggins will go first despite all the hype - Parker looks far more skilled in every department and he's no slouch athletically. He has superstar written all over him and I'm not as confident in Wiggins. I'd even be surprised if Randle doesn't go ahead of Wiggins. Wiggins is hugely talented but also very raw.

Possibly a safe bet, at this stage, was considering it myself, although the odds will shorten, might wait till Christmas. I would put Magic's and Philly's rookie over him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Looking to get into some small betting on the nba online but I'm not a member of any sites. Which do ye all use

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Ha...not feeling too good about my Nets to win 53+ games wager at the minute

stuchyg wrote: »
    Looking to get into some small betting on the nba online but I'm not a member of any sites. Which do ye all use

I generally use P.P, out of laziness really. I do my football betting on that too, so instead of spreading out the funds, I just use the one account. It's much of the same really. P.P has the odd MBS though.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    I generally use P.P, out of laziness really. I do my football betting on that too, so instead of spreading out the funds, I just use the one account. It's much of the same really. P.P has the odd MBS though.

Went with PP in the end. 3 of my 4 acca came thru last night.kyrie and the cavs let me down.

Bulls and okc for the win tonight. Normally the nugs are a cert at home but the bulls will take it I feel

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'll just state that I don't mention my bets here on this site any more pre-game for a couple of reasons, I leave that for my Twitter followers.

Not bragging here, just giving some background. I've been betting at a semi professional - professional level (last season I was betting full time while out of a job and more than got by, hitting five figures comfortably) for the past few years while hitting a minimum of 62.5% strike (win) rate over the course of a season every time which is very high. NBA betting is my niche (along with golf). What I always tell people to do is research the best bookies for odds and bets on average, having multiple bookmaker accounts is good so you can shop around as odds fluctuate throughout the day from opening Vegas lines. I have accounts with Pinnacle, 5dimes, Paddypower, Bet365, BetVictor, Bwin, Boyles and a few others, including a couple of local bookmakers here in NY.

Then the big thing, stick to single bets while capping your amounts with small - medium - large stakes depending on confidence. Accumulators are poison and are a fast track to going nowhere long term. You might win one accumulator, but how much profit will you see after losing the previous nine accumulators for example? At most, I'll have a double or trixie bet every now and again, but that is rare enough. 95% of my bets are singles.

This is all somewhat cliched the above I realise that, but give me a steady, consistent stream of profit over one big win every once and awhile. Obviously time is off the essence, but you don't need long to research in truth. Maybe an hour a day in total.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'll just state that I don't mention my bets here on this site any more pre-game for a couple of reasons, I leave that for my Twitter followers.

Not bragging here, just giving some background. I've been betting at a semi professional - professional level (last season I was betting full time while out of a job and more than got by, hitting five figures comfortably) for the past few years while hitting a minimum of 62.5% strike (win) rate over the course of a season every time which is very high. NBA betting is my niche (along with golf). What I always tell people to do is research the best bookies for odds and bets on average, having multiple bookmaker accounts is good so you can shop around as odds fluctuate throughout the day from opening Vegas lines. I have accounts with Pinnacle, 5dimes, Paddypower, Bet365, BetVictor, Bwin, Boyles and a few others, including a couple of local bookmakers here in NY.

Then the big thing, stick to single bets while capping your amounts with small - medium - large stakes depending on confidence. Accumulators are poison and are a fast track to going nowhere long term. You might win one accumulator, but how much profit will you see after losing the previous nine accumulators for example? At most, I'll have a double or trixie bet every now and again, but that is rare enough. 95% of my bets are singles.

This is all somewhat cliched the above I realise that, but give me a steady, consistent stream of profit over one big win every once and awhile. Obviously time is off the essence, but you don't need long to research in truth. Maybe an hour a day in total.

i hear you on the accumulator, especially when Philly and Lakers are due a win and are on tasty odds.nothing worse than getting that convincing feeling that a 9-4 team will win despite what the experts say , putting it on an accumulator only for a "banker" to mess it up, in overtime!!. got mugged on two occasions this season , was not taking a chance the third time. Philly and Lakers have been very kind (obviously don't back them all the time) Got the Boston win over Orlando too. Kept me in sweets for a day or two.

One of the lads decided to this for me since I'm really half arsed when it comes to spreadsheets. Obviously, it's not always good, you hit poor runs here and there. Sure, I had one soon following these bets seemingly. So many bets losing by a single point or even .5, but in the main, it's a good example of what I do for the most part throughout the season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah7-jq_vsTOJdDI5T0NMZnJUYWxQcEVraDkySE94Umc&usp=sharing

$50 = small
    $100 = medium
    $200 = large

Stake breakdown until All Star break, afterwards I'll up that. During the playoffs, I'll be betting $500 most nights.

Spurs -9 v Magic.

Phoenix to win v Utah.

The heat and/or pacers are 3/1 each way to finish first or second in the east including playoffs. Great bet imo

I know the Bulls have a great record against the Pistons, but Deng is out tonight according to Thibs so it looks like Snell will be starting alongside Hinrich, Dunleavy, Boozer and Noah. Ugh!

I'll be backing the Pistons to win straight up at 59/50.

Total points of under 189 at 10/11 too. The Pistons haven't reached 90 points in 9/14 games away to the Bulls and I'd be surprised if the Bulls could muster much on the scoreboard given the starting line up.

Paully D wrote: »
    I know the Bulls have a great record against the Pistons, but Deng is out tonight according to Thibs so it looks like Snell will be starting alongside Hinrich, Dunleavy, Boozer and Noah. Ugh!

I'll be backing the Pistons to win straight up at 59/50.

Total points of under 189 at 10/11 too. The Pistons haven't reached 90 points in 9/14 games away to the Bulls and I'd be surprised if the Bulls could muster much on the scoreboard given the starting line up.

Both came in, but what a horrible game that was.

Under 190 points in the Bulls @ Bucks game tonight.

Both teams riddled with injuries (although Noah is expected to play after playing against the Knicks), the Bucks average a league worst 86.9 points at home and the Bulls, while still playing decent defense, can't score.

Both these teams played earlier in the week and the score was 78-74. I expect another ''thrilling'' game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any good bets for tonight, i was thinking magic and celtics any ideas

• Advertisement

Spurs -3 v Clippers and Knicks -1 v Wizards for me tonight.

Spurs are a great ATS team, and have been playing fantastic basketball recently, on a 4 game winning streak. Clippers are inconsistent, and surprisingly have been quite poor offensively over the past while. Redick missing has a big part in that, he gives the team spacing with his shooting, and with Dudley hitting nothing atm, I'll go with the spurs.

Less confident with the Knicks, but they have been playing better basketball since inserting Prigioni into the lineup. What swung this for me is that Beal is on a minutes restriction and I can't see the wizards, without him having the offense to punish the knicks crappy defense. The knicks lose because they are softer than toilet paper without chandler on defense, but tonight I think Melo leads them to the win in a low scoring affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Great post there, stick to singles is the way to go. I try to not vary my bets too much, either. Whats your twitter handle? Been doing good in NFL and Ncaaf but my bball picks are struggling, seems like road teams are covering at a great clip in both ncaab and nba, and i keep picking home teams!

Finally a good night for me, finding Friday nights are best for home teams, 3-0 with Philly, atl and pacers (not over yet officially)

Lakers +6 might be a sneaky dog, they stink but kobe getting hurt again and the fact they already lost to the twolves at home this year, plus coming home after a four game road trip might inspire a decent effort. Twolves playing good ball now, but overreacting to players being out is often a mistake, gsw last night case in point. Plus kobe being back seemed to upset the chemistry a bit.

Okay ive talked myself into it, going lakers plus 6, fully expecting to be 3-1 but i see a bit of value in the home dog.

Lakers win, 4-0 nite, nice!

sligoface wrote: »
    Great post there, stick to singles is the way to go. I try to not vary my bets too much, either. Whats your twitter handle? Been doing good in NFL and Ncaaf but my bball picks are struggling, seems like road teams are covering at a great clip in both ncaab and nba, and i keep picking home teams!

Sorry, it's been nearly a two weeks since I last read this thread.

@The_Real_Ade is my Twitter handle, tis in my sig if you click the Twitter logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

In the Miami v Lakers game it's 5/6 for the largest lead to be +18

I imagine that will be highly likely

Because the Lakers are going to murder them so I'll have a bit of 7/2 Lakers to win too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Because the Lakers are going to murder them so I'll have a bit of 7/2 Lakers to win too :D

What bookie does that market

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Soby wrote: »
    What bookie does that market

Ladbrokes

One bet for me today:

Bulls @ Nets - under 187.5 points (10/11, various): Two injury hit, poor shooting teams. It will be a close, and likely scrappy one, so I'm expecting it to be low scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Amac93

Is it likely that the Lakers are going to murder them? Miami on a five run winning streak?

Advertisement