Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Thats a pity I was hoping to get it on console. What are the specs like for PC? My laptop is fairly bad, I play wow on about mid settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

It's really well optimized, my laptop isn't that good either but I can run it smoothly on quite high settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Delay =/= Cancellation.

Never said it was cancelled. I said "I reckon it will eventually be cancelled". They have 6 months to try and figure out how well it will sell on consoles and if the numbers don't look great, I reckon they will cancel it. The game has been out over a month now and ZeniMax still haven't released their sales figures, which suggests they haven't been great. Releasing a game on consoles, especially an MMO will be difficult and accrue further expenses, if it won't sell enough then there is no point in porting it.

In fact, the idea of suggesting console players to buy the game now on PC and they can purchase their console version for a discounted $20, which will include a character transfer to that console, is an excellent way of measuring console sales. It is a good PR move, but if PC sales don't spike between now and the end of June there is good evidence to suggest console interest is not what they had expected. After 6 months they can then cancel the console version with nothing lost (gamers got to play it on PC anyway), and nothing gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I have to say, I am enjoying this game thus far.

ridiculous lag at the moment (100mb line)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dermighty wrote: »
    I have to say, I am enjoying this game thus far.

ridiculous lag at the moment (100mb line)

Make sure you are connected to EU server and not us...

Launcher tools - settings. should be a dropdown box for it.

Not online atm so don't know if it's global.

Noxin wrote: »
    Make sure you are connected to EU server and not us...

Launcher tools - settings. should be a dropdown box for it.

Not online atm so don't know if it's global.

I am on the EU server (as if there's a difference when they're both ont he US continent :P).

The lag subsided and it was fine. I like the crafting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I am on the EU server (as if there's a difference when they're both ont he US continent :P).

The lag subsided and it was fine. I like the crafting.

The EU server is in the US at the moment, though this is planned to change. It's a bit of an annoyance, I'm kinda off that there's no way of directly checking the MS/Ping in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Falthyron wrote: »
    Never said it was cancelled. I said "I reckon it will eventually be cancelled". They have 6 months to try and figure out how well it will sell on consoles and if the numbers don't look great, I reckon they will cancel it. The game has been out over a month now and ZeniMax still haven't released their sales figures, which suggests they haven't been great. Releasing a game on consoles, especially an MMO will be difficult and accrue further expenses, if it won't sell enough then there is no point in porting it.

In fact, the idea of suggesting console players to buy the game now on PC and they can purchase their console version for a discounted $20, which will include a character transfer to that console, is an excellent way of measuring console sales. It is a good PR move, but if PC sales don't spike between now and the end of June there is good evidence to suggest console interest is not what they had expected. After 6 months they can then cancel the console version with nothing lost (gamers got to play it on PC anyway), and nothing gained.

I'm 100% sure it will ship on next-gen.

Sales are also strong, boxed copies were sold out for long periods across the EU in bricks and mortar shops and Amazon.

All just uninformed speculation on your end.

Lukker- wrote: »

Sales are also strong, boxed copies were sold out for long periods across the EU in bricks and mortar shops and Amazon.

I hope you are right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Not particularly hard to sell out in bricks and mortars there days many of my local gamestops have 1 shelf space dedicated to pc gaming the rest is consoles. The digital sales will be telling, they have allot of work to do in order to not go the direction of swtor.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Not particularly hard to sell out in bricks and mortars there days many of my local gamestops have 1 shelf space dedicated to pc gaming the rest is consoles. The digital sales will be telling, they have allot of work to do in order to not go the direction of swtor.

Your only talking about Ireland which would be one of the smaller markets anyways.

In Germany which is the largest market for games in Europe, PC gaming is massive and would have an equal if not larger amount of shelf space.

Enjoying the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Does anyone know if those extra 5 days that we got for free were added automatically, or do you have to redeem the 5 day code yourself ? Finally have some free time and can play some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I got 5 free days added automatically, no idea what it was for as I hadn't experienced any downtime or anything....

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if those extra 5 days that we got for free were added automatically, or do you have to redeem the 5 day code yourself ? Finally have some free time and can play some more.

It's added to your account automatically.
    Peetrik wrote: »
    I got 5 free days added automatically, no idea what it was for as I hadn't experienced any downtime or anything....

All players get 5 free days of free game, probably because there was a fair few patches that required some down time.

There were a lot of unscheduled maintenances.

There were a lot of unscheduled maintenances.

Must have gotten lucky and missed them.

Joined a guild that requests a donation of €1.45 from each player. Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else? I know teamspeak etc isn't free but with 270 members it seems like an awful lot of money! (I haven't given anything yet).

• Advertisement

Joined a guild that requests a donation of €1.45 from each player. Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else? I know teamspeak etc isn't free but with 270 members it seems like an awful lot of money! (I haven't given anything yet).

I tell them to fcuk off personally. Chancers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolutely. Fair enough if you and a few mates want to chip in to pay for a teamspeak server, but asking everyone who joins a large guild to pay is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

I used to run a TS, Mumble, eqdkp+ web space, forums etc for a guild a many years ago. It was a fair mount of work and cost in the region maybe €200 - €300 euro per year in hosting etc. I would did not ask anybody to pay, I was happy to help a guild I played with for 7 years. I never heard of a guild charging its members. If they want to do something like that then they should ask for a voluntary donations and stick a paypal donation button on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

I tell them to fcuk off personally. Chancers

Additionally you might want to report it. I'm sure Zenimax would love to hear about a player / players charging people to be part of a service. Donation is one thing, compulsory payment is another.

Let me set this straight: they didn't demand anything.

They said that they ask for a €1.45 donation from each member, this gets you channel access in teamspeak and you get upgraded (ingame) from a recruit to whatever level etc. They have a TS3 server, and are working on a website and forums etc.

It didn't seem like a scam, but I'm such a casual player that I didn't really want to pay for something that I didn't really care about. I was never a big fan of guilds before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what the hell are they using the money for?? ya tell them to f##k off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Please delete this if not allowed but TVL is looking for more PVPers.

valourgaming.co.uk - but you're better off messaging me in game @hexim

We're a friendly EU PVP/PVE guild doing nightly PVP raids, in a raid of 8-20 people. We focus on being a smaller mobile skilled group - wiping zergs and bigger groups, ganking and our speciality - flanking :D

We will be doing Craglorn and do lots of dungeons.

21+ and Vent required. Accepting pretty much any level but VR prefered. PM me here or ingame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, finished up today. Beat the "final boss" yesterday, hit Vet 1, and decided I simply can't be bothered going through "Vet content" when it's just the other's factions stuff. And the difficulty isn't even ramped up all that much, given that they don't increase number of enemies; it's nearly easier than the stuff I was doing before.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and could see myself rolling another character in a few months time. The crafting was great, the locations were decent and gameplay was good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Thesis is due in 2 and a half weeks... Must remain strong and not buy this game before then...

So, finished up today. Beat the "final boss" yesterday, hit Vet 1, and decided I simply can't be bothered going through "Vet content" when it's just the other's factions stuff. And the difficulty isn't even ramped up all that much, given that they don't increase number of enemies; it's nearly easier than the stuff I was doing before.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and could see myself rolling another character in a few months time. The crafting was great, the locations were decent and gameplay was good too.

Yeah, in the same boat too. Just finishing up main story quest. Think I'll re-sub for Craglorn though. The adventure zones look like a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

I finished the main story myself there last week as mele character, spent one day of getting mashed playing the Multi player, Cyrodiil area and started a new play through as a ranged just for the Cyrodiil area.

Still really enjoying it. I like the shared bank account for all your characters. Makes the crafting much easier

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-can-t-guarantee-that-elder-scrolls-online-will-hit-xbox-one-ps4-in-2014/1100-6419803/

I would be very surprised if this ever comes out on consoles now. We can only assume a Fallout 4 announcement will be made in the next 12 months, so why would people buy ESO on consoles early next year when Fallout 4 will be just around the corner?

I say a lot pf people are like myself and are waiting to get it on console rather than updating their PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I would be very surprised if this ever comes out on consoles now. We can only assume a Fallout 4 announcement will be made in the next 12 months, so why would people buy ESO on consoles early next year when Fallout 4 will be just around the corner?

I think its worth their while releasing it on consoles as a lot of people were introduced to The Elder Scrolls via Skyrim on their consoles. Most don't have high-end PCs and will give online version of Skyrim a shot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-can-t-guarantee-that-elder-scrolls-online-will-hit-xbox-one-ps4-in-2014/1100-6419803/

Lol, because Fallout is a single player RPG and ESO is an MMO? One player base won't eat up the other.

They are two entirely different teams developing the game btw, no way they won't give up those $$ They have frankly invested too much money in it, all the assets are their, porting games to next gen consoles from PC is much easier to do than it was in last gen games because they essentially are built on the same architecture.

They have also already started taking pre-orders for the consoles, for $20 you can get the console version and port your character over from the PC.

Lol, because Fallout is a single player RPG and ESO is an MMO? One player base won't eat up the other.

They are two entirely different teams developing the game btw, no way they won't give up those $$ They have frankly invested too much money in it, all the assets are their, porting games to next gen consoles from PC is much easier to do than it was in last gen games because they essentially are built on the same architecture.

They have also already started taking pre-orders for the consoles, for $20 you can get the console version and port your character over from the PC.

Why would you pay a subscription for an inferior Elder Scrolls product for 6 months, when Fallout 4 could be released in that same time frame? This is assuming the console release makes January 2015 and Fallout 4 comes out the following Autumn.

Most Elder Scrolls fans groaned at the idea of an online Skyrim. They are still groaning and pining for Elder Scrolls VI. ESO is a weak by-product of the Elder Scrolls series. The game is failing pretty badly and with ZeniMax refusing to give out sales numbers almost 2 months after release it doesn't bode well, considering they take every opportunity to talk about the Skyrim and Fallout 3 sales figures. Even BioWare announced 2 million copies sold for SWTOR when that came out and look how that ended up.

As for the console ports: yes, the architecture and most of the game is there and ready to be merely translated to consoles, but that is not where the problem lies. Xbox Live and PSN are the problems. Much like Steam, if a developer wants to release a patch it has to go through Valve first and then it gets deployed. The same will be said for PSN and Live. Now, in a game such as ESO which is a mess when it comes to bugs how are ZeniMax going to be able to effectively patch and fix bugs as rampant as they are on consoles that require a number of checks and a third party overlooking the process? It means you will have long delays between patch and deployment. Can you imagine the duping bug on the console version? ZeniMax were able to remove the guild bank feature and deploy a patch within a few days (think it was over the weekend iirc), it is quite possible such a fix would take weeks on consoles.

This is the problem ZeniMax are having with delivering to the consoles. That's why they took the extra 6 months(+). They know the game is riddled with thousands of problems and they are hoping that fixing them now on PC and applying them to the console versions before release will deal with them.

As for cost: yes, putting them on console is probably more expensive than PC. Sure, the content is all built, but consoles operate primarily on physical copies. Shipping hundreds of thousands of copies all over the world, plus marketing, is not cheap. And that is all done on the hope that it will actually sell, despite the poor reviews, despite the poor feedback from PC players, and despite the monthly subscription.

It is also important to look at the wording used to describe the problems with bringing the game to consoles. The two mentioned are: Console infrastructure, and bugs. The next six months will allow for ZeniMax to track the success of the game on PC. If it is failing on PC because of subscriptions, bugs, lack of interest, what would make them think it would have any success on consoles with the same problems?

I'll be honest, it would be great for a decent MMO to come to consoles, but this isn't a decent MMO. It is a poor iteration of Skyrim that costs more, has more problems, and has a subscription fee. If you have never played an MMO before, I can see why it would be exciting, but if you look at MMOs on PC that have existed for years, it really does pale by comparison.

I don't consider ESO an inferior Elder scrolls product, and I'm saying that as an Elder scrolls veteran, (to my shame) I've put in literally hundreds of hours of Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

It's an online game so of course you won't get a similar experience to a solo player game with it's progression from level 1 nerf to the powerhouse you inevitably become for the end game.

They said themselves they weren't trying to create a generic 'MMO', they were trying to do something different, which to my mind they have as there is a lot of original ideas such as the crafting system. Personally I prefer that the game isn't to everyones tastes, it's when producers start trying to appease everyone that things get bland and boring.

I'm enjoying it and there are plenty of people in game at any time. I'd be surprised if things are as as bleak as the picture you are painting Falthyron.

They said themselves they weren't trying to create a generic 'MMO', they were trying to do something different, which to my mind they have as there is a lot of original ideas such as the crafting system. Personally I prefer that the game isn't to everyones tastes, it's when producers start trying to appease everyone that things get bland and boring.

I'm enjoying it and there are plenty of people in game at any time. I'd be surprised if things are as as bleak as the picture you are painting Falthyron.

Apart from the crafting, the game is quite generic. It has borrowed from many other MMO titles and tried to glue them all together. Instead of, what in theory, should be the perfect MMO, I believe it has become a brown mess. It does everything the other MMOs do, but it doesn't exactly excel at one specific factor. It just does 'acceptable' at them all.

Arguably it has the 'choice system' for questing, but SWTOR does it better with actual consequences and different rewards/outcomes. It has full voice, but again, SWTOR did it better with a broader range of Voice Artists. It has good PvP, but we saw that type of PvP in Dark Age of Camelot, and WoW's PvP is better. Skyshards/Holocrons, mini-group events at Anchors/Guild Wars 2 discoverable events. Etc., etc.

I think the game actually pandered to the masses by attempting to generalise a lot of its features. It played the safe bet. Took a franchise/world that people invested into through Skyrim and attempted to ride on that success by making a game incredibly bland and safe. I suppose what I am trying to say is; there is nothing unique ESO offers that isn't already offered by other games that have been released. (Can't believe I will use COD as an example..) You know you will get solid, fast-paced, competitive multiplayer action unlike any other when you buy the latest COD. Titanfall could possibly rival it, but for the last 5 years COD has been your 'go to guy' when you want that kind of fun. It does it well. Other franchises offer something unique; FIFA, Gran Turismo, Assassin's Creed, etc. I am not saying these are absolutely the best games out there, but I am saying that what they do, and what they propose to achieve is something the customer expects and has come to expect. We know that when we buy FIFA 2015, we are buying the best Football game available (assuming PES doesn't pull it together this year). Elder Scrolls offered the best RPG experience for you to jump into and be consumed by an open world at your fingertips. It was a uniquely unique experience to the player. That is the Elder Scrolls experience customers have come to expect and why they buy those games without question. ESO doesn't have a history, it isn't a sequel, and it has gone against the one value that it's sister products have always offered.

Hopefully things are not as bleak as I describe, but if my game was selling well, I would be releasing sales figures and subscriber numbers to show those sitting on the fence how popular my game is. And to possibly draw in the naysayers.

I really do think they will cancel the console versions as the boat will have sailed and the product could be in a bad place by then. Cancellation of the console version, and announcing the game is going F2P is the first probable scenario. My second would be; console version is released with the only purpose being to 'break-even', then ride the life of the game on a F2P model once they 'break-even'.

Why would you pay a subscription for an inferior Elder Scrolls product for 6 months, when Fallout 4 could be released in that same time frame? This is assuming the console release makes January 2015 and Fallout 4 comes out the following Autumn.

Most Elder Scrolls fans groaned at the idea of an online Skyrim. They are still groaning and pining for Elder Scrolls VI. ESO is a weak by-product of the Elder Scrolls series. The game is failing pretty badly and with ZeniMax refusing to give out sales numbers almost 2 months after release it doesn't bode well, considering they take every opportunity to talk about the Skyrim and Fallout 3 sales figures. Even BioWare announced 2 million copies sold for SWTOR when that came out and look how that ended up.

As for the console ports: yes, the architecture and most of the game is there and ready to be merely translated to consoles, but that is not where the problem lies. Xbox Live and PSN are the problems. Much like Steam, if a developer wants to release a patch it has to go through Valve first and then it gets deployed. The same will be said for PSN and Live. Now, in a game such as ESO which is a mess when it comes to bugs how are ZeniMax going to be able to effectively patch and fix bugs as rampant as they are on consoles that require a number of checks and a third party overlooking the process? It means you will have long delays between patch and deployment. Can you imagine the duping bug on the console version? ZeniMax were able to remove the guild bank feature and deploy a patch within a few days (think it was over the weekend iirc), it is quite possible such a fix would take weeks on consoles.

This is the problem ZeniMax are having with delivering to the consoles. That's why they took the extra 6 months(+). They know the game is riddled with thousands of problems and they are hoping that fixing them now on PC and applying them to the console versions before release will deal with them.

As for cost: yes, putting them on console is probably more expensive than PC. Sure, the content is all built, but consoles operate primarily on physical copies. Shipping hundreds of thousands of copies all over the world, plus marketing, is not cheap. And that is all done on the hope that it will actually sell, despite the poor reviews, despite the poor feedback from PC players, and despite the monthly subscription.

It is also important to look at the wording used to describe the problems with bringing the game to consoles. The two mentioned are: Console infrastructure, and bugs. The next six months will allow for ZeniMax to track the success of the game on PC. If it is failing on PC because of subscriptions, bugs, lack of interest, what would make them think it would have any success on consoles with the same problems?

I'll be honest, it would be great for a decent MMO to come to consoles, but this isn't a decent MMO. It is a poor iteration of Skyrim that costs more, has more problems, and has a subscription fee. If you have never played an MMO before, I can see why it would be exciting, but if you look at MMOs on PC that have existed for years, it really does pale by comparison.

Your welcome to your opinion but it is a good MMO. I played SWTOR, was a decent game and sold well initally. The problem was it had no end game content when it first launched and content patches took far too long. They sold 2 million copies, with something like over 1 million pre-orders which would be considered a mammoth launch for any MMO. The problem was it was one of the most expensive games ever made and subscribers dropped off incredibly quickly. Even after a month, there seems to be much less of a fall off subscribers wise, game has been very active at a stable level for the first 2 months. ESO cost about a third of what TOR cost to make, so it's apples and oranges really in your comparison.

As for the content patches they've already a deal in place with Sony that means ESO won't require PSN subscription and can patch directly, think Final Fantasy have a similar deal.

• Advertisement

Your welcome to your opinion but it is a good MMO. I played SWTOR, was a decent game and sold well initally. The problem was it had no end game content when it first launched and content patches took far too long. They sold 2 million copies, with something like over 1 million pre-orders which would be considered a mammoth launch for any MMO. The problem was it was one of the most expensive games ever made and subscribers dropped off incredibly quickly. Even after a month, there seems to be much less of a fall off subscribers wise, game has been very active at a stable level for the first 2 months. ESO cost about a third of what TOR cost to make, so it's apples and oranges really in your comparison.

As for the content patches they've already a deal in place with Sony that means ESO won't require PSN subscription and can patch directly, think Final Fantasy have a similar deal.

Wasn't aware of the agreement with Sony, thanks for letting me know. Still, you have Microsoft as well to sort out, and they don't seem keen to budge on scrapping the Live fee for the game.

I think ESO's budget was just as large as SWTOR, possibly even larger. ESO has been in development for almost 7 years it would seem. The studio was formed in 2007 with Matt Firor as the director. I can only assume this was with the purpose to make the game. 7 years is a long time for a game. New engine, all those CGI trailers, the infrastructure needed to set up servers and support. At least EA had a lot of these things already in place before SWTOR launched because of previous products.

Thinking on it now, I reckon they chose to release ESO on consoles because they realised they would never 'break-even' on PC sales and a strong subscriber number alone. They need the consoles to 'break-even'.

Damn, I miss SWTOR :P If only they had more content ready for end-game! :D

I enjoyed SWTOR - just my computer back then was rubbish. Playing it on lowest settings it was still unplayable at times.

Got meself a high-end gaming rig last November though - bring on the graphic intensive games!

I enjoyed SWTOR - just my computer back then was rubbish. Playing it on lowest settings it was still unplayable at times.

Got meself a high-end gaming rig last November though - bring on the graphic intensive games!

Haha! I always found myself having to replay such games! I remember buying Max Payne 2 and having to put up with medium settings. Then I bought a Radeon 9800 a year later and just HAD to go back and play it again. It's like playing a completely different game! :D

@Dermighty is my username, feel free to add me, I have had very little contact with other people while playing (level 18 now I think) and I'd like to change that if possible.

What faction are you playing?

You know you will get solid, fast-paced, competitive multiplayer action unlike any other when you buy the latest COD. Titanfall could possibly rival it, but for the last 5 years COD has been your 'go to guy' when you want that kind of fun. It does it well.

Battlefield 3 & 4
    What faction are you playing?

High Elf on Aldmeri Dominion.
    Wasn't aware of the agreement with Sony, thanks for letting me know. Still, you have Microsoft as well to sort out, and they don't seem keen to budge on scrapping the Live fee for the game.

I think ESO's budget was just as large as SWTOR, possibly even larger. ESO has been in development for almost 7 years it would seem. The studio was formed in 2007 with Matt Firor as the director. I can only assume this was with the purpose to make the game. 7 years is a long time for a game. New engine, all those CGI trailers, the infrastructure needed to set up servers and support. At least EA had a lot of these things already in place before SWTOR launched because of previous products.

Thinking on it now, I reckon they chose to release ESO on consoles because they realised they would never 'break-even' on PC sales and a strong subscriber number alone. They need the consoles to 'break-even'.

To be fair I think that the elder scrolls did well on consoles since morrowind and though I dont own a PS or XBox (I used to) I would have expected it to be successful on both, because it's a good game and the consoles are excellent options for a game like this. Consoles deserve a high quality mmo too.

• Advertisement

Anyone actually playing this?

Level 25 on a high elf sorceror and enjoying the game.

Anyone actually playing this?

Yep, still playing. Got a lvl 49 and a few assorted lvl 10-30. Still really enjoying it, playing around with various builds.

Currently trying to build up a crit based dual wielding mele sorc to try take advantage of the critical surge spell.

Add me if you like @Hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Cancelled my sub last night, just a few days after hitting Vet 2.

I played the beta, and was a bit underwhelmed, so I decided to go and buy the game after it came out simply because I love the Elder Scrolls series.

It's not a bad game by any means, it's a fun game for the most part. The problem I faced now is down to general drudgery.

The PvP aspect isn't great fun, even though Cyrodil is an astounding zone that looks amazing, the gameplay itself is just so zergy and little of it seems based on skill.

The last killing point was the whole idea of re-doing the opposite faction zones under some guise of "learning from the enemy" when in fact it's nothing more than a badly done time-sink.

It's a shame, because leveling up to 50 was for the most part quite enjoyable, dungeons were a challenge and getting a good bit more lore was great too.

I'll play a bit more now and then until the sub expires, but I doubt I'll go back to it. Honestly I've more intention of playing Skyrim again, which just feels so consuming.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Cancelled my sub last night, just a few days after hitting Vet 2.

I played the beta, and was a bit underwhelmed, so I decided to go and buy the game after it came out simply because I love the Elder Scrolls series.

It's not a bad game by any means, it's a fun game for the most part. The problem I faced now is down to general drudgery.

The PvP aspect isn't great fun, even though Cyrodil is an astounding zone that looks amazing, the gameplay itself is just so zergy and little of it seems based on skill.

The last killing point was the whole idea of re-doing the opposite faction zones under some guise of "learning from the enemy" when in fact it's nothing more than a badly done time-sink.

It's a shame, because leveling up to 50 was for the most part quite enjoyable, dungeons were a challenge and getting a good bit more lore was great too.

I'll play a bit more now and then until the sub expires, but I doubt I'll go back to it. Honestly I've more intention of playing Skyrim again, which just feels so consuming.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't seen a single pvp video yet so I've no idea what any of it looks like.

I've a feeling the game will fall flat eventually.

I really like the PVP, but I agree I think it needs more than just Cyrodill, some Arena style PVP would be nice. Not just massive battles, but more skillful 3 on 3 etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement