Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought this today, thinking i'd be able to play from Sunday. But the 5 day headstart only applies if you bought it directly from Bethesda. It's a 3 day headstart from other retailers.

Bah!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Kiith wrote: »
    Bought this today, thinking i'd be able to play from Sunday. But the 5 day headstart only applies if you bought it directly from Bethesda. It's a 3 day headstart from other retailers.

Nearly made the same mistake myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

very same, but as excited as I am to play it, I'm willing to delay my start by 2 days in order to save 15 euro. It's a trade off I'd make every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Has anyone had any luck finding a boxed Imperial Edition for PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

really enjoying this i have to say. game runs like a dream on my fairly **** laptop which was a relief. crafting is the best i've seen in a game, it's as deep as you want it to be, something for everyone there. questing is actually enjoyable, feels like proper single player RPG quests. hit 10 yesterday and went looking for a dungeon group which didn't work out well, as their is no "holy trinity" it seems there is nothing stopping groups of 4 dps being made. i tried several times, always the same so gave up. had a gander in cyrodiil to, it is actually awesome. for anyone a bit worried about just a single zone for pvp, don't be, the place is amazing. it's just like a fantasy themed planetside 2. and it's huuuuge.

skills are pretty awesome. so many choices for builds you will be thinking long and hard before spending each skill point. you can upgrade spells into more awesome versions too, cool! i'm still in the same zone since sunday, there is so much to do in them, i still have loads left, haven't even started hunting sky shards yet.

still not sure exactly how this megaserver works. will i always get the same people in game or is it totally random every time? and how does it work in cyrodiil? that is one zone where you really need that sense of community. you want to go there and see the same guilds/people fighting away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That 3 day head start on Pre-orders... reckon retailers would send out the copy with it, or on official day of release?

If not, well then that sucks... @ 57 of 60GB cap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

froog wrote: »
    still not sure exactly how this megaserver works. will i always get the same people in game or is it totally random every time? and how does it work in cyrodiil? that is one zone where you really need that sense of community. you want to go there and see the same guilds/people fighting away.
    With Cyrodiil you pick a campaign and are in that one from then on. You can only transfer by paying alliance points or when a campaign ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Hey, even though I was thinking of pre-ordering this I didn't go around in doing so. What are people thinking of the game so far? In previous beta weekends I got to around level 6 on most classes and that involved a good bit of running around which got boring after a while. Is there more action that involves less running around and talking to npc's later on in the game?

another great day today - got to clear a dungeon finally, was good fun, and reasonably challenging. did one of the world group thingys and some more fun in cyrodiil, 50 v 50 battle to take a bridge, still going on as a i type. it is a lag fest tho, i needed to put settings to absolute minimum so the large battles were playable fps-wise.

just finished with the first zone now, probably spent 15 or so hours there, could probably spend another 10 there to be honest, loads to do.

Played for a few hours last night, and really enjoying it. Zones are huge, with a massive amount of things to do. I spent 30 minutes fishing, and another 60 or so just crafting (which is really well done). Combat is grand, and i'm playing a ranged Argonian assassin type character (as i always do in Elder Scrolls).

Not sure how long it'll keep me hooked, but it's definitely worth giving it a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm a PC gaming n00b. Would it be possible at all for this game to run OK on a 2012 Macbook Air? 4GB RAM. I've played a bit of WoW on it before but not much. Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My biggest issue with the beta was the massive amount of running about compared to time in combat.
    How is the finished game in this regard?

There's a bit to be fair. I've only just about cleared the starter area (around level 8), but there was a fair bit of running. Some of the quests were a good bit apart, and I didn't really mind it though, as i was crafting and doing my usual Elder Scrolls thing of 'ooh, whats over here...ohh, what's that thing?'. It might become a bit of a problem later, as the zones get bigger though.

Inventory space though, in an mmo...ugh! :(

Also, does anyone else get some bad screen tearing? Even with VSync on (in game and control panel), i still see some bad tearing at times. Really annoying. Game looks pretty excellent though, other than that.

The only other bug i've had is kind of hilarious. I get randomly thrown across the map. It's like i've used a Scroll of Icarian Flight for any of you Morrowind oldies out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Also, does anyone else get some bad screen tearing? Even with VSync on (in game and control panel), i still see some bad tearing at times. Really annoying. Game looks pretty excellent though, other than that.

The only other bug i've had is kind of hilarious. I get randomly thrown across the map. It's like i've used a Scroll of Icarian Flight for any of you Morrowind oldies out there.

I get shot into the sky sometimes and a few game crashes but other than that everything seems fine

My character name is Kiith (user id is Kiith_Sa), and i'm in the Ebonheart Pact if anyone is about.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm a PC gaming n00b. Would it be possible at all for this game to run OK on a 2012 Macbook Air? 4GB RAM. I've played a bit of WoW on it before but not much. Thanks!

absolutely. i have a laptop from 2011 with a really crap graphics card and mediocre processor and i can run it smooth in medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Graphics wise, like most MMO's, it scales very well. My 7970 decided to die on me so I ended up using the only other card I have, an 8800gts from 2007. Granted, I have everything on medium-ish settings, but it's running fine at 1920x1200.

p.s. Sorc with a Resto Staff is a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Name in game is Essper in Ebonheart Pact at the moment .

So decided to buy the game, started in a Daggerfall Covenant. It's got a lot better since beta. Hopefully I'll get to try out some of the pvp features this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Since "official release", i.e. today, the game is running a lot smoother.

Dunno what they did during their 4 hour downtime yesterday but everyone is agreeing it is running 100 times better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Payday for me today. Think I'll treat myself to the boxed imperial edition....*drools*.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Name is Kerplunk. hit me up for the bantz if you's like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Just incase your old school like me and buy games on release day from bricks and motar, you can get ESO from Argos for €50, really handy if your not near a gamestop or don't want to pay €5 extra or they are out of stock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So how are people enjoying it?
    Ive never seen an MMO release with such little chat, could be a good thing though :)

There's lots of thing to do Dcully, I'm still quite enjoying the first area of the game :) Can't wait for the first dungeon, already have quest for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive never seen an MMO release with such little chat, could be a good thing though :)

Especially one with such a massive beta testing thread.

Dcully wrote: »

it's great fun. very enjoyable levelling, awesome pvp and cool dungeons. great crafting system too.

only problem really is bugged quests, i've come across several now in the first two zones alone. very annoying.

I still have no idea how most of the things work in this game, crafting included :) I've never played Elder Srolls so all of this is quite new to me...

• Advertisement

Hey, are EU servers down? I seem to have trouble logging in, I haven't played today yet and when I log into my account via the website it doesn't say that I have access to the game for 30 days.

Advertisement