Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Speedhaak wrote: »
    Personally, I think the levelling is slow. I don;'t really mind it, but it's definitely not as fast as more recent MMOs, which makes me wonder how people capped so fast. I've 15 hours played on my Nightblade and I'm only level 8. I've a few others around the same or lower level with similar play time. For me, personally, looking at how long it takes to level (for example I played three/four hours this morning and didn't level at all) it'll be a good few months before I cap, if I stick around for it.

Edit* Thinking back on it, I remember it took me like 22days /played in WoW to cap 60 on my Rogue back in the day. So it is nice to see longer level times return I guess.

I know a few people who have leveled fast. But Only one or two. One of them basically went the first few days with very little sleep and constant playing. Once he got high enough he was able to aoe grind mobs for massive xp and quick leveling. Personally I don't see the point in doing this. I'd rather enjoy the game.
    I'm level 27 atm myself. Have played a fair bit but not constantly. Very little last week in fact. I could easily be higher but I keep getting sidetracked. Always seem to notice something and have to check it out. One of the reasons I love the game :pac:
    Leveling is a bit slow. I maybe manage a level a night when playing. Depends on what I'm doing. I like it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

The people that I know that are level 50+ are complaining that there aren't enough people of their veteran rank to do dungeons and other quest with :) So there's no need to rush in this game, just enjoy the content of each level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Game's just out - why rush it ? Take your sweet time, reading the stuff lying about and doing quests while exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I never understand why people rush to Max level then complain they have no one to play with. take you time and get there and enjoy the game. so far i'm level 8 played a bit not a massive amount , what is the story regarding guilds are people playing solo or joining guilds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

What price is the monthly sub for this game €10, €15??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    What price is the monthly sub for this game €10, €15??

12 iirc

12 iirc

meh, I looked at the angry Joe review on youtube, don't think I'll be shelling out the €€ for the game and then more for a subscription to a game that seems inferior to its non-online predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

So worth it or not folks? Haven't played an mmo since GW2 and interested in trying this one or Wildstar.

Playboy wrote: »
    So worth it or not folks? Haven't played an mmo since GW2 and interested in trying this one or Wildstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I played it right through beta and finally decided not to buy it after sinking a hwole mess of hours and weekends in to it.

Although it's incredibly pretty, it's not worth a sub fee in my opinion. Had it been F2P like GW2, I probably would be playing it right now. I just didn't get the sense that the game warranted a subscription fee for what you were getting.

I think the gameplay style of Elder Scrolls and the traditional MMO clash in the game and don't really work well together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    That was actually a fair while ago that he posted that and (probably rightfully) was criticizing the starting islands. If you look at his later videos though, he changes his mind and in fact is still playing it and uploading videos, including this from yesterday:

Honestly don't see myself playing it for long - decent for a while. Playing it til WildStar's out.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Honestly don't see myself playing it for long - decent for a while. Playing it til WildStar's out.
    Same here BeerWolf, though I won't be playing wildstar either. I'm gonna way til archeage goes to an open beta or even live. That game seems to be much better than both of these.

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    archeage

Asian MMO - no thanks... Looks so generic too :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Oh god.. Dupe bug!

Its like Neverwinter all over again!

Yea seems like they disabled guild banks, I really wanna see what they are gonna about this or will they leave all the gold and items.

Not surprised in the least... Well then - Guess I'm jumping ship as soon as WildStar's out.

Zenimax might redeem itself if it takes action against the exploiters... but seeing how widespread it was, I really doubt it and nothing will be done to those cheaters.

The amount of BOTS in this game is SERIOUSLY off putting.

EVERY Solo Dungeon there's a cluster Bots just farming the Boss 24/7. There's bots running circles killing everything in questing areas. There's bots just farming bugged resource nodes that respawn within 2 seconds from harvest, etc. etc. etc.

You can't even get the fecking Solo Dungeon clearance when the boss of it dies within 1 second, nevermind even trying to get drops off it.

To hell with this game, I'm out.

I strongly suggest anyone wanting to try this game to give ZOS a few years first to clear this crap. Absolutely disgusting situation it's in currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm glad I didnt buy this game.

Dermighty wrote: »
    I'm glad I didnt buy this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shI2MBA-Kh8

Take a look at the start of that vid - prime example of what dungeons are like. And they'd be there 24/7, with not a single GM around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Take a look at the start of that vid - prime example of what dungeons are like. And they'd be there 24/7, with not a single GM around...

Well i play eso, my normal hours of playing are from 2 am to 5 am and I did notice bots but only on the very rarest of occasions. Maybe its the hours I play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

The only bots I have seen are the bots that spam chat and they disappear quite quickly too. Haven't seen anything like what you have posted and I play quite a bit

Battleflag wrote: »
    The only bots I have seen are the bots that spam chat and they disappear quite quickly too. Haven't seen anything like what you have posted and I play quite a bit

Your observations must be really lacking, very prominent in all solo dungeons on the boss.

I've seen quite a few teleporting bots farming crafting materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hit VR1 one there the other night and tbh i'm feeling a bit bored already. i have no intention of questing in the other alliance zones, just seems ridiculous and a cheap move by the developers to give the illusion of lots of content. so i'm spending my time in cyrodiil, but even that is dragging now, spending probably 60% of the my time there traveling.

This game will be free to play soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

froog wrote: »
    hit VR1 one there the other night and tbh i'm feeling a bit bored already. i have no intention of questing in the other alliance zones, just seems ridiculous and a cheap move by the developers to give the illusion of lots of content. so i'm spending my time in cyrodiil, but even that is dragging now, spending probably 60% of the my time there traveling.

Craglorn is out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Kotakus mmo reviewer basically said he finds it too boring to play it enough to even give a weekly update, bot a good sign.

I actually like it enough, it feels very elder scrolls. The gameplay feels much better to tbh. I like the quests dialog being short also.

Problem is the mmo aspects really detract from it more than anything else, want to explore the forgogton cavern of destiny? Sure just make your way over all the corpses and the bunny hopping gamers. Theres no going off to explore lest you get a beatdown from higher level mobs, and the object is to get levels, rather than do cool stuff and get levels as bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i've stopped playing now and unsubscribed after getting to 50. questing in the other factions zones as "endgame" content is really stupid. cyrodiil wears off pretty quickly too, you spend 80% of your time travelling, 20% in a mindless zerg.

• Advertisement

Unsubscribed as well, might give it another shot when it goes f2p. For now gonna wait for archeage.

Advertisement