Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sorry but i dont see any improvement at all.
    Its as if your swinging at thin air,very poor imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

can you skip the tutorial areas yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »
    Way better melee IMO. NPC's no longer make contact regardless of if they are not in range, hit detection is vastly improved.

Yeah my friend is beside me on a laptop and it's pretty dodgy at times for him, his problem seems to be a latency issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    Sorry but i dont see any improvement at all.
    Its as if your swinging at thin air,very poor imo.

?? What? How can you not feel the difference? I've only just stared a new melee and it feels sooooo much better. Even actually swinging at air feels better. I feel like I'm making proper impact when hitting a mob now. I frickin love it so far. Granted I'm not even out of coldharbour yet but so far, new patch = win!

I would like some impact when hitting a wall though. Cosmetic side of things but it would be nice.

The starting area is much nicer now too. No weapon choice during it but mobs hit harder, new "boss" type ending, better ambiance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah my friend is beside me on a laptop and it's pretty dodgy at times for him, his problem seems to be a latency issue though.

It could have been latency, ill give it another go later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Could anyone tell me what I have to rename to get back from the US version to the EU version? It's not doing it automatically for me.

Edit: Seems to be working now, despite throwing up error messages saying it couldn't do it.

Ok, one thing I do not like at all.
    Finish coldharbour and you are landed in the main town instead of the beginner town. That's fine, knew it was coming. But they really need to fix how you get back to the newb town. It's a mess. People talking about deeds you've already carried out there when you've not even been yet. No clear idea how to get back to start these quests (took some running around but I eventually found an npc quest giver).
    They need to have some sort of clear choice on doing the newb towns or not, pref when leaving coldharbour.

==edit== I have stopped playing for now. The latest patch just made up my mind. Love it all in all. Sure it has a few things that need to be worked out but right now, for me its a win. Don't want to spoil anything more and I wan't to fully enjoy leveling a character from scratch and not having to repeat quests.
    If I get too bored I'll log back on but hopefully not.
    Off to rust I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Noxin wrote: »
    Ok, one thing I do not like at all.
    Finish coldharbour and you are landed in the main town instead of the beginner town. That's fine, knew it was coming. But they really need to fix how you get back to the newb town. It's a mess. People talking about deeds you've already carried out there when you've not even been yet. No clear idea how to get back to start these quests (took some running around but I eventually found an npc quest giver).
    They need to have some sort of clear choice on doing the newb towns or not, pref when leaving coldharbour.
    Odd, what faction did you do it on? As far as I remember, the first questgiver you come accross after getting off the ship points you to talk to the one who gives you the option to head back. It works reasonably well from what I've seen, though coming straight from coldharbour some of the quests were pretty difficult playing as a sorc. It's like they compensated for you being a level or two lower but not for you having a lot less skill points and hence a lot less abilities.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Odd, what faction did you do it on? As far as I remember, the first questgiver you come accross after getting off the ship points you to talk to the one who gives you the option to head back. It works reasonably well from what I've seen, though coming straight from coldharbour some of the quests were pretty difficult playing as a sorc. It's like they compensated for you being a level or two lower but not for you having a lot less skill points and hence a lot less abilities.

I was ebonheart for this one.

Noxin wrote: »
    I was ebonheart for this one.
    Ah ok, I did it as AD last night.

Right now though, despite having actually played last night, the launcher has decided that I don't have enough disk space and is telling me to free up 60gb before trying again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Blowfish wrote: »
    Right now though, despite having actually played last night, the launcher has decided that I don't have enough disk space and is telling me to free up 60gb before trying again...

I get the same message when launching, but if I close the message window I can just ignore it and log in as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Only played the game for about 3 hours, and the melee combat system got quite a big update. This just made it easier to make up my mind about the game. The only thing I didn't like about the new intro was that they limited our weapons choice when doing the intro quest and the ending boss a bit too easy :)

Sconsey wrote: »
    I get the same message when launching, but if I close the message window I can just ignore it and log in as normal.
    Didn't show the login options for me when I ignored it. Skipping the launcher and just running the exe directly worked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I actually like the melee combat now, doesnt feel like im swinging at thin air anymore. But i dunno its really annoying i want to love this game but i just cant get into it at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone else experiencing extremely slow load times when logging in?

Decided to give another shot at the Beta, but a 5 minute load time when logging to the character screen, followed by another 5 mins when I increased the graphics is really really off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Been playing for a few hours again and haven't had any similar problem to what you are having Sonics2k .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Seems to be sorted out now, made myself an Orc and playing around a bit.

Combat seems a bit smoother from last time I was on the beta a few weeks back. I'm off tomorrow so I may spend the day playing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When is it being released for ps4?

When is it being released for ps4?

June. No exact date set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I want to give ESO a go, but 55 euro and a monthly sub is really putting me off. Where is the cheapest place to buy this game?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's around €35 on G2Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

reading loads of bad press about this game. all i can say is that's good news for the game, i'd be worried if it was getting rave reviews like some other mmorpgs in the past.

bought my early access pack, can't wait to play on sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How big is the world? Is it set across all the elder scroll worlds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

All of Tamriel afaik. You start in differnet areas depending on your faction and then progress to the central area to either try and take/hold forts/cities for your faction or do side quest... or just rove in bands looking to skirmish or whatever. Cannot wait! :)

esomap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NakedMonkey

I pre-ordered yesterday but it was a tough decision with the price of it. You should at least get 60 days free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I pre-ordered yesterday but it was a tough decision with the price of it. You should at least get 60 days free.

Exactly how I feel, thanks to Kiith though I'll get it a price that's a little easier to stomach.

Peetrik wrote: »
    All of Tamriel afaik. You start in differnet areas depending on your faction and then progress to the central area to either try and take/hold forts/cities for your faction or do side quest... or just rove in bands looking to skirmish or whatever. Cannot wait! :)

esomap.jpg

awesome,hmmmmmmm Im tempted now

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I'm Still unsure weather to pre order or not i like all Elder scrolls games but the Beta was just your normal run of the mil MMO feel to it am still tempted to buy it though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will probably pre-order this today. When does the headstart begin?

• Advertisement

Sunday 12pm

Advertisement