Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

conor360 wrote: »
    Would love a beta key if anyone has one. :P

Stress test is over now mate. There'll be another in a week or two I imagine and for this one at least, all you needed to do was create an account and they were handing out keys with them.

@Dcully I know what you mean by the melee. My first character 3 betas ago was a tank. Can't remember which class. I got him to level 10 but I did not really enjoy the combat. I really hope they improve the melee as I wanted to play a tank type.
    Now I'm bow shooting roguey type and it's great fun. Still not tried any caster class.
    One thing I did get to experience this weekend (although only for a short time) was the PVP. It was amazing until lag took over. I guess it didn't help being connected to NA but from what I saw, if there is no lag it will be seriously excellent. The whole idea of it was just class. Takes serious coordination in order to take out an enemy keep while trying to save your own. And the pvp map is just HUGE. I mean seriously huge. Loved it and can't wait for another EU test to do more, hopefully without the lag this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For anyone that wants to sit through a lot of ESO discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Any news of an upcoming beta weekends?Would love one this weekend as I will be completely free the whole time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Sure its less then a month til release.. Screw the beta.

Don't screw the beta, I still haven't made up my mind as I haven't got a chance to try the game as much as I would like to :D

• Advertisement

Apparently the client is patching which would indicate a beta this weekend but with it being Thursday and no official announcement of it (they usually come on Tuesday), I doubt it.

With such a short time until the game is released, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip this week (maybe even next too), wipe and do an open beta.

I just got a survey email and they mentioned further beta events.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There'll definitely be an open beta before launch, and since that's in less than a month, it'll have to be pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Dcully wrote: »
    I just got a survey email and they mentioned further beta events.
    And I clicked the link to do the survey. Except it was literally the longest survey I have ever come across. After clicking radio buttons for ages and still only 1/3 of the way down the page I closed the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Noxin wrote: »
    Apparently the client is patching which would indicate a beta this weekend but with it being Thursday and no official announcement of it (they usually come on Tuesday), I doubt it.

With such a short time until the game is released, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip this week (maybe even next too), wipe and do an open beta.
    Is there any point in having a wipe and open beta a couple of weeks before launch? They should be getting people to test endgame stuff, there are loads of people testing low level stuff.

• Advertisement

BigEejit wrote: »
    Is there any point in having a wipe and open beta a couple of weeks before launch? They should be getting people to test endgame stuff, there are loads of people testing low level stuff.

It's just the usual standard process. Wipe closed beta. Have open beta and maybe carry over characters to release. With the deadline for release in less than a month, it would make sense (to me at least) if they do it this way.

Not saying they will :P

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Increase xp in this beta as i refuse to lvl for 6 hours and only get to L8..

And the winrar is ESO by a landslide.
    My battle between ESO and Wildstar is over. I had beta for Wildstar as a final test this weekend. Played Friday evening and was bored by 10pm. Logged off and didn't bother to log back on again.
    It has since been uninstalled so I'm off to pre-order ESO for months end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Akarinn wrote: »
    Increase xp in this beta as i refuse to lvl for 6 hours and only get to L8..

I'd much prefer slow leveling, I dislike games where you can hit lvl20 in a single day.
    For one, it tends to make a mockery of the crafting system. If the weapons/armor that you can craft are actually useful then its much less of a grind having to go and gather materials as there is a tangible objective such as a weapon that will allow you get past a difficult quest or armor that will keep you alive for a boss fight. Not just that you have to lash off another 50 leather armbands so that in a few weeks you can finally make daedric armor.

Also, slower leveling makes the low level boss fights more rewarding. You have to put effort into trying to figure out a system of beating them instead of just coming back in an hour when you are 4-5 levels higher and can walk through them.

With the autoleveled PVP system thats in place, hopefully it won't be bothersome race to endgame before you can 'really start playing' and the PVE leveling process will be rewarding in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Peetrik wrote: »
    I'd much prefer slow leveling, I dislike games where you can hit lvl20 in a single day.
    For one, it tends to make a mockery of the crafting system. If the weapons/armor that you can craft are actually useful then its much less of a grind having to go and gather materials as there is a tangible objective such as a weapon that will allow you get past a difficult quest or armor that will keep you alive for a boss fight. Not just that you have to lash off another 50 leather armbands so that in a few weeks you can finally make daedric armor.

Also, slower leveling makes the low level boss fights more rewarding. You have to put effort into trying to figure out a system of beating them instead of just coming back in an hour when you are 4-5 levels higher and can walk through them.

With the autoleveled PVP system thats in place, hopefully it won't be bothersome race to endgame before you can 'really start playing' and the PVE leveling process will be rewarding in itself.

I'm all too familiar with the ol' grind, from being an avid MMORPG player of Asian MMOs... starting with Legend of Mir and Mu Online ;)

So there's one more beta weekend, and it says that it's the last time to test the game. So I guess that means no open beta?

More #ESO beta invites have been sent. This is our final scale test, so join us this weekend! http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/11/new-beta-invites--march-11th

Final stress test this weekend. I guess there MIGHT be an open beta from next weekend under normal load levels with separate US / EU megaservers.
    That or yes, they will just wipe and not bother with an open beta at all.

==edit==
    Welcome back to the ESO beta! You are invited to participate in our upcoming test of the newest version of the game! This is our final large-scale beta event before Early Access. Join us from Friday, March 14th at 5PM GMT until Monday, March 17th at 3:59AM GMT.

so I guess no open beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

They said ages ago they wont be having an open beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Lone Stone wrote: »
    They said ages ago they wont be having an open beta.

Not like it's hard to get Beta Keys for the game... <_<;

I'll actually take a beta key if anyone has one. New pc is up and running finally.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll actually take a beta key if anyone has one. New pc is up and running finally.

Last stress test they were just handing them out. If you created an account on eso site you got a key.. Dunno if it's the same now.

Ah ok, will try that later today. Might just pre-order it anyway, as i want to be able to play any race in any alliance.

I'm looking to pre order this game, and looking for the best deal at the moment. So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.
    Has anyone else seen any good deals for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    I'm looking to pre order this game, and looking for the best deal at the moment. So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/cd-key-download-the-elder-scrolls-online-454

Few places there with cheaper keys

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    So far the cheapest I found was 44 euro on Green Man Gaming, though I haven't used that website before and dunno how good are they.

Green Man Gaming are spot on. The only other good deal floating around at the minute that I can see is the one at the following link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/208c9x/funstock_digital_elder_scrolls_online_beta_access/?sort=new

A beta code, pre order and a £15 discount code isn't too shabby.

Check the following search for some of the deals floating around:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/search?q=elder+scrolls&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&t=all

If it wasn't for uPlay having atrocious DRM I'd say their pre order offer is the best. TESO Imperial Edition + Assassins creed black flag free can't top that really.

EDIT: Actually from reading up on the deal it seems you wouldn't necessarily have to use the uPlay launcher...can't be 100% sure however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

hmms, won't get much time with it this weekend, but should hopefully get enough in to level on of my chars from the last beta up enough to hit Cyridiil. At this point I don't have the time/inclination to put into a regular raiding schedule so PvP will probably determine how long I end up playing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

AMD just sent out an email saying that a beta key for TESO can be bought for 10 RP through the gaming evolved raptr app if anyone is looking for a way to get a key.

For those with AMD graphics cards that don't have the app: You can download it, get it to detect some of your pc games and optimize one or two to instantly get RP (Reward Points).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Servers seem to be up.

Had a go there of the new build and the supposedly improved combat, im not seeing any improvement at all.
    As with the previous builds ranged is okay but melee is god awful imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dcully wrote: »
    Had a go there of the new build and the supposedly improved combat, im not seeing any improvement at all.
    As with the previous builds ranged is okay but melee is god awful imho.

Way better melee IMO. NPC's no longer make contact regardless of if they are not in range, hit detection is vastly improved.

Advertisement