Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yeah had to redownload also, left it running over night and then had to redownload AGAIN this morning wtf............

Ouch. I'll have to check mine again later so. Prob just leave it running overnight too.
    Dcully wrote: »
    FFS if i keep goign ill buy both games and then theres ROS expansion for Diablo 3 now that D3 is suddenly awesome ill have to get that too.

Hated Diablo3 when it was released. Used the free trial and just walked away very quick.

Must...not...test...again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FFS if i keep goign ill buy both games and then theres ROS expansion for Diablo 3 now that D3 is suddenly awesome ill have to get that too.

Ah come on now Dcully...you're not kidding anyone. You'll definitely buy both games :D

Just like the rest of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TaillessKitty

Thought I'd post here, I have two spare ESO Beta keys for this weekend. If anyone's looking for one just PM me. First come, first served! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Anyone got the exact time when the beta servers are supposed to go live? I keep getting confused by those US time zones :)

Friday 4pm (GMT) I believe.. And closing then at 3.59am on Monday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Actually, just came across this browsing round the forum...

The Beta Test starting 2/28 is on the NA Megaserver only. Please visit this article for instructions on quickly switching to the NA Megaserver if you have the EU client installed: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5836

In case anyone is having trouble getting in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have two folders ESO and ESO EU, both 24.9GB.

I have two folders ESO and ESO EU, both 24.9GB.

Eh? You saying you have separate folders for EU and NA?? Don't say that. Don't make me cry!! I just booted the client last night, it patched a bit and said ready.
    If I have to go home and download another 24gb today I might lose it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

mines the same dcully - might explain why it appeared to download twice (it feckin did!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I got a key last night for this weekend, but won't be able to use it so, it's up for grabs if anyone has missed out.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm having the exact same issue :D Left the client to download over the night, but now its downloading from scratch again...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Peetrik wrote: »
    Actually, just came across this browsing round the forum...

The Beta Test starting 2/28 is on the NA Megaserver only. Please visit this article for instructions on quickly switching to the NA Megaserver if you have the EU client installed: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5836

In case anyone is having trouble getting in.

Anyone having to download a second time pay attention to that post. It says the following:

I CHANGED MY REGION TO EUROPE AND HAD TO INSTALL A NEW VERSION OF THE GAME. DO I HAVE TO INSTALL THE GAME AGAIN IN ORDER TO PLAY IN THIS BETA?
    Updated 02/27/2014 10:21 AM Published 02/24/2014 11:50 AM
    If the launcher accidentally downloaded the European version of the beta client, players can still take part in the current beta. The steps are listed below.

Windows users:

Click "Settings" (marked by a cog symbol) in the top right corner of the launcher.
    Change the region to "United States" and click "Apply."
    Exit the launcher and locate the client's install folder (most often C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online).
    Rename the folder "The Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" to "The Elder Scrolls Online."
    Open the launcher to ensure that the region is still set to "United States" in Settings and that it can access the North American server.
    Mac users:

Click "Settings" (marked by a cog symbol) in the top right corner of the launcher.
    Change the region to "United States" and click "Apply."
    Exit the launcher and locate the client's install folder (Navigate to "Finder", then click "Application" and finally "Zenimax Online").
    Rename the folder "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" to "The Elder Scrolls Online."
    Open the launcher to ensure that the region is still set to "United States" in Settings and that it can access the North American server.
    Players should contact Customer Support if they have any further issues downloading the client or connecting to the beta server.

hmm,. so I created a new character. Just left cold harbour. Was I not supposed to end up in some city instead of Khenarthi's Roost in my case as a wood elf? Anyone else?

I did notice immediately that mobs are slightly more difficult in cold harbour. Me likes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I have a spare key if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a key if anyone is interested, must play Ebonheart Pact.

Played a couple of hours lastnight and enjoyed it.
    Take note guys the built on the PTR servers is different to this weekends build,if you watched the video i posted a few pages back it has new combat and NPC collision detection which is the PTR build and is NOT the build this weekends stress test is running which is a shame.

One thing i couldnt miss lastnight was non stop crap talk in chat last night Wildstar sucks,Wildstar this Wildstar that yet when i play Wildstar theres rarely a mention of ESO.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Played a couple of hours lastnight and enjoyed it.
    Take note guys the built on the PTR servers is different to this weekends build,if you watched the video i posted a few pages back it has new combat and NPC collision detection which is the PTR build and is NOT the build this weekends stress test is running which is a shame.

One thing i couldnt miss lastnight was non stop crap talk in chat last night Wildstar sucks,Wildstar this Wildstar that yet when i play Wildstar theres rarely a mention of ESO.

A lot of people were complaining about the wildstar watermark from what I saw. When I first saw the watermark I initially thought it would really bother me, but I stopped noticing it after a few minutes. I understand why they were annoyed though when you consider that ESO has no noticeable watermark.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

sure if anyone has a spare key i would love to try the beta out.

sure if anyone has a spare key i would love to try the beta out.

HH7A46HGFWW3YTYG6EAY

Go for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Just logged in there to check out the changes, the textures seem better or else im loosing my mind.

• Advertisement

This is just my luck....again I can not fully enjoy the beta weekend, only been able to play for less than an hour and probably won't be able to play today as well. Hopefully they are gonna have another beta weekend soon.

It's the same in any mmo beta at the moment mate. Everything is crap compared to the one you are playing at that time. Go into wildstar and they complain saying wow and ESO are rubbish throughout general chat too. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Infinite arrows? Or is it a feature?

Noxin wrote: »
    It's the same in any mmo beta at the moment mate. Everything is crap compared to the one you are playing at that time. Go into wildstar and they complain saying wow and ESO are rubbish throughout general chat too. Very annoying.

Im playing wildstar weeks and have only seen ESO mentioned once or twice,then again i dont watch chat too often.
    Got to play another hour today and i must say im doing more running about to talk this this guy then that guy than fighting mobs,very slow altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

3M6LJG9TJEGJARJMFMDE
    Enjoy whoever gets there first! Be a good person and post if you take it so other people know

I think I've made up my mind to buy this over Wildstar. Granted I only played Wildstar once but ESO is more "My thing"
    Might stop playing now for the day. I imagine there will be a character wipe after beta. Don't wanna spoil too much of the game just to have everything deleted at the end :P

So far I prefer this over wildstar as well, wildstar just looks too cartoonish and futuristic for my liking. Also I seem to be able to run ESO on almost full graphics while wildstar lags on even the lowest settings.
    Though I might need another weekend of beta on both games to fully make up my mind, as I was only able to play this for 2-3 hours both games combined.

Only got to play 3.5 hours,few thoughts.

The world is beautiful,some really brilliantly designed areas and great gfx to enjoy all the more,here i can really see myself getting immersed.
    Music is great and suits the theme perfectly.
    Quests disappointingly just seemed to bring me allover the place,felt like a running simulator at times lol,im only lvl 7 so cant comment on later levels maybe it changes?
    Combat for me is the real issue, melee combat just didnt feel good enough for me,i just played the tanky class dragon knight i think it is to lvl 5 and it just felt poor, compared to Wildstars melee combat its chalk and cheese with wildstar winning hands down.
    The PTR servers are using a later build that has collision detection which should help the issue so fingers crossed it improves as the game develops.
    Ranged combat however is a lot better, i played sorcerer and it was pretty good with some nice spell effects.
    The pace of leveling is very slow bordering on grindy probably down to all the running around with not much combat.

Overall i enjoyed this beta more than the previous two,if the combat improves and becomes more regular ill be very happy.
    Will i buy this or Wildstar?
    I hoped this weekend would tell me more but its made it a tougher decision.
    I prefer the theme and the world of ESO to that of Wildstar ,im sure the Lore is great but i dont play MMO`s for lore.
    Wildstar is hugely tempting, the combat is possibly the best ive played in an MMO,it will ship with a tonne of endgame pve which is right up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I enjoyed quite a lot of it, combat was good but not great, collision detection would make a big difference. Having so many broken quests and broken group mechanics (each person in the group entering a dungeon on his own) did annoy me, but I can see that its going the right direction. I might have a look at their next beta/stress test to see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Would love a beta key if anyone has one. :P

Advertisement