Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing issues with their Note 2, having updated to Android 4.3? My phone keeps dropping Mobile Data connection, and the only way to fix it is by restarting the phone (have tried toggling the Mobile Data switch, to no avail):mad:

I'm having the same issue, though restarting it has no effect. I contacted Samsung Ireland via twitter and they are arranging for my phone to be "flashed" free of charge,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Super hoop wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue, though restarting it has no effect. I contacted Samsung Ireland via twitter and they are arranging for my phone to be "flashed" free of charge,

Why don't you just wipe it and do a fresh install yourself? That's all they are going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

As wotzgoingon said

Do factory reset
    Mine had apps crashing all over the place
    I backup
    Did a factory and the phone is a pleasure since never a need for restarts

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

deckie27 wrote: »
    Asaid

Do factory reset
    Mine had apps crashing all over the place
    I backup
    Did a factory and the phone is a pleasure since never a need for restarts

Had a lot of problems with this update at first, kept restarting by itself and a lot of apps was freezing. Did a Factory reset and hey presto, everythings A OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

long_b wrote: »

Watch this to get mega info on backing up.

• Advertisement

Why don't you just wipe it and do a fresh install yourself? That's all they are going to do.

Wipe it? As in a factory reset? I've tried that and it's not fixed my issue of network unlock code not accepted and no sigina for mobile data or calls or texts

Wipe it? As in a factory reset? I've tried that and it's not fixed my issue of network unlock code not accepted and no sigina for mobile data or calls or texts

I use a custom recovery and there is an option to format the internal storage and then do a factory reset and then flash the image.

Another thing is also download the image from sam firmware and flash it with odin. Odin will wipe your device while flashing, If you do not want a custom recovery.

I use a custom recovery and there is an option to format the internal storage and then do a factory reset and then flash the image.

Haven't a clue how to do that.anyway I've sent it to phone menders in limerick to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ballybaqn

Mine is going back to Samsung.I did a few factory resets to no lasting result. It then asked to be restarted as it could'nt find the Sim. I could'nt make calls or receive data without a restart . I could make one call and then it returned to the previous non response mode . Finally I got in touch with Samsung ,who are arranging to have it collected and hopefully put things 'right'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Mines been away for six weeks now :(
    They're currently waiting for parts. I feel like I'll never see it again! haha

So my supposedly network unlocked note has been re locked to Vodafone after the 4.3 update.as I'm no longer a vf customer,they won't issue me the appropriate unlock code. Help....anyone any ideas?

So my supposedly network unlocked note has been re locked to Vodafone after the 4.3 update.as I'm no longer a vf customer,they won't issue me the appropriate unlock code. Help....anyone any ideas?

A few posts up you said you sent it to phonemenders. I was thinking it was kinda strange being network locked after an update, they obviously locked it whe it was with them.

A few posts up you said you sent it to phonemenders. I was thinking it was kinda strange being network locked after an update, they obviously locked it whe it was with them.

It locked after the 4.3 update was installed and before it was sent to phonemenders. Apparently I need a new unlock code that is compatible with 4.3. Vf won't give me one as I'm not a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

It locked after the 4.3 update was installed and before it was sent to phonemenders. Apparently I need a new unlock code that is compatible with 4.3. Vf won't give me one as I'm not a customer

unlocking procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Mine's in again - random restarts and partial resets for a couple of days.
    Then yesterday morning it wouldn't got past the white "Samsung Galaxy Note" boot screen.

It's with fonfix - how did people find them for the "crazy chip" replacements ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I'm going to kill someone. Finally got my phone back yesterday after eight weeks of it been gone for repair.
    Its been sent in twice to get the insane chip bloody replaced, and has come back both times with next to nothing done about it.

This time, after waiting eight weeks, I get the phone back, with the comment that I had too many apps and that I should move them to the SD card, because too many apps cause freezing :rolleyes: The great thing is, is that I barely had any apps on the phone, because the first time the phone was sent away, they broke my data cable, and won't do anything about that, so I haven't been able to restore my data to my phone in the first place.
    I did a factory restart and the phone was still freezing before I sent it to them.

List of Samaung devices to get kitkat here great to see Note II, but I see the S3 will be left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

List of Samaung devices to get kitkat here great to see Note II, but I see the S3 will be left out.

Hard to know what to believebut gsmarena.com says the S3 will get kitkat

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_and_note_3_to_get_kitkat_in_january-news-7237.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I'm on 4.3 and none of the methods on XDA or elsewhere worked for me but can recommend www.unlockunit.com - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7q1qUW6lDE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUAi5Zex-EjvdyZ1rDKuyjVA

my note is away being repaired and when it gets back id like to get it unlocked.

three refuse as I still have 11 months on contract. Im still keeping my contract, but I need to get a pay and go sim while i do some traveling.

can anyone confirm if this works?
    http://www.ibtimes.com/how-carrier-unlock-samsung-galaxy-note-2-permanently-tutorial-926231

seems pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement

Well left my Note II on top of my car yesterday in the rain, was outside on car in rain for an hour untill I noticed it was missing. Put it on the radiator for a while and still going strong. It is such a great phone and will not be changing it untill the Note 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

My trusty Note II is beginning to let me down. Specifically both the proximity sensor and the accelerometer seem to have stopped working. When I take a call the proximity sensor turns the screen off as I put the phone to my ear but when I take the phone away from my ear to either end the call or to use the phone to look something up whilst still on the call the screen remains blank and I have to hit the home button to wake it up. The accelerometer on the other hand seems to have just stopped working full stop! I have screen rotation turned on but I can't get the screen to rotate and none of the tilting type games which use the accelerometer work at all. I tried recalibrating both the accelerometer and the proximity sensor using special apps from the Play store without success and I'm beginning to think the only way forward is to do a spring clean of the device i.e. a full factory reset and perhaps maybe even load a custom ROM and root it etc. I'm currently on stock 4.3.

Anyone got any thoughts? Recommendations for a custom ROM?

I'd like to give the phone a shot in the arm in terms of overall performance and battery life so I can get another 6-12 months out of it if possible.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all,

My trusty Note II is beginning to let me down. Specifically both the proximity sensor and the accelerometer seem to have stopped working. When I take a call the proximity sensor turns the screen off as I put the phone to my ear but when I take the phone away from my ear to either end the call or to use the phone to look something up whilst still on the call the screen remains blank and I have to hit the home button to wake it up. The accelerometer on the other hand seems to have just stopped working full stop! I have screen rotation turned on but I can't get the screen to rotate and none of the tilting type games which use the accelerometer work at all. I tried recalibrating both the accelerometer and the proximity sensor using special apps from the Play store without success and I'm beginning to think the only way forward is to do a spring clean of the device i.e. a full factory reset and perhaps maybe even load a custom ROM and root it etc. I'm currently on stock 4.3.

Anyone got any thoughts? Recommendations for a custom ROM?

I'd like to give the phone a shot in the arm in terms of overall performance and battery life so I can get another 6-12 months out of it if possible.

Ben

Get a custom recovery and format the device flash drive and then do a factory reset and then flash a ROM. I am using Omega ROM with no issues.

Get a custom recovery and format the device flash drive and then do a factory reset and then flash a ROM. I am using Omega ROM with no issues.

Hi Wotz,

I used to be a master at flashing ROMs etc from the old SGS I and SGS II days but I haven't flashed anything in over two years :o Would you mind giving me a steer on how to get a get a custom recovery? I went into CWM (Vol Up + Power + Home) but there aren't any options in there (yet I guess) to do a nandroid backup or to flash a ROM from a ZIP file. There are only options to apply update from ADB or external storage, wipe data/factory reset etc

Also, does the fact I'm already on stock 4.3 make flashing a ROM which may be based on an earlier ROM more complicated? I fancy Tigra Rom as it incorporates the Note 3 S Pen functions but I'm open to the idea of Omega ROM or Cyanogenmod if it's better/easier etc

In fact it looks like installing the Cyanogenmod ROM has become incredibly easy if these instructions are to be believed - http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi Wotz,

I used to be a master at flashing ROMs etc from the old SGS I and SGS II days but I haven't flashed anything in over two years :o Would you mind giving me a steer on how to get a get a custom recovery? I went into CWM (Vol Up + Power + Home) but there aren't any options in there (yet I guess) to do a nandroid backup or to flash a ROM from a ZIP file. There are only options to apply update from ADB or external storage, wipe data/factory reset etc

Also, does the fact I'm already on stock 4.3 make flashing a ROM which may be based on an earlier ROM more complicated? I fancy Tigra Rom as it incorporates the Note 3 S Pen functions but I'm open to the idea of Omega ROM or Cyanogenmod if it's better/easier etc

In fact it looks like installing the Cyanogenmod ROM has become incredibly easy if these instructions are to be believed - http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install

Ben

The S-pen function work on Omega. You will have to root your device first, then you can download this from market place and flash custom recovery. Then format device and factory reset and flash ROM of choice from external SD card.

The S-pen function work on Omega. You will have to root your device first, then you can download this from market place and flash custom recovery. Then format device and factory reset and flash ROM of choice from external SD card.

Thanks again Wotz,

I decided to flash the Cyanogenmod ROM and using the instructions I linked to above I had the job done in 5 minutes totally painlessly. Download the app to your phone and follow a few simple instructions. Download the software to your PC/laptop and follow the simple instructions and voila!! I'm on CM Android V 4.3.1.

Looking forward to having a play with the functionality etc but not looking forward to re-loading all 200 Apps again!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Trubertq

Hi I hope someone on here can help me. I had to do a factory reset 2 weeks ago as my Galaxy Note II was starting to freeze. Since then I have not been getting text alerts. The texts come in but I have to check manually every so often to see them.Now I know this is a first world problem but it is very annoying.

Could this be the the crazy chip or a corrupted sd card????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Trubertq wrote: »
    Hi I hope someone on here can help me. I had to do a factory reset 2 weeks ago as my Galaxy Note II was starting to freeze. Since then I have not been getting text alerts. The texts come in but I have to check manually every so often to see them.Now I know this is a first world problem but it is very annoying.

Could this be the the crazy chip or a corrupted sd card????

I doubt it. Have you made sure you have notifications on and alert sound turned up?
    I'd say try another texting app and see if it gives alerts once a text message comes. Even if you don't chose to use it it'd be handy for alerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Trubertq

Hurrah! I changed to the vodafone messaging app and the sound has returned. Thanks for the quick and easy solution, i just feel foolish for not having thought of it myself.....

Advertisement