Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Just a quick update on my warranty. Thankfully Samsung are fine with me not having the original receipt. They'll be sending out a parcel for me to send my phone off to fonemenders where the phone will be assessed.

I'm guessing once they see it has that funny chip in it, they just give me a new one?

Either way, I'm happy enough, I'm sure an upgrade anyway so the note 3 week soon be mine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just a quick update on my warranty. Thankfully Samsung are fine with me not having the original receipt. They'll be sending out a parcel for me to send my phone off to fonemenders where the phone will be assessed.

I'm guessing once they see it has that funny chip in it, they just give me a new one?

Either way, I'm happy enough, I'm sure an upgrade anyway so the note 3 week soon be mine :-)

The kicked up no fuss at all ?
    Don't suppose you could PM me the name of who you dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Can anyone recommend a good weather app that's accurate and does not eat a lot of battery?

Disaster,my spen is lost!
    Very strange as I haven't used it in ages and today when I came back to my phone it was gone.

Is there anywhere you can buy one at a decent price? Or is anyone selling one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What do people reckon is a fair price to sell a Note 2 at? I'm aware that the Note 3 is due to be announced imminently, so that will obviously impact on price. Would you get over €200 for one? My phone is possibly network locked too, not 100% certain on that...

Would paying €20 to unlock it add more than €20 to sellable price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

dulpit wrote: »
    What do people reckon is a fair price to sell a Note 2 at? I'm aware that the Note 3 is due to be announced imminently, so that will obviously impact on price. Would you get over €200 for one? My phone is possibly network locked too, not 100% certain on that...

Take a quick look at the prices on adverts.ie. At least you will get a good ballpark starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

Got €420 for mine only 3 months ago.

http://www.adverts.ie/3113046

I was able to unlock it myself with app after I had rooted.

I reckon one that's mint is still worth €300 once the note 3 arrives.

is it possible to get the unlock code from vodafone if you got it from them?

Disaster,my spen is lost!
    Very strange as I haven't used it in ages and today when I came back to my phone it was gone.

Is there anywhere you can buy one at a decent price? Or is anyone selling one?

Googled it and came up with

http://www.calibex.co.uk/samsung-s-pen/zzukcalibexzB1z0--search-html?nxtg=149c0a320d0f-F0D975238C41F100

Not that pricy if you really want one.

PM me with a link if you're thinking of selling on adverts ,I know someone looking for one ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Guy's,

My trusty N2 has suddenly gone very slow with huge lag between my initiating an action (scroll or app launch etc) and something happening.

I can't remember how to check what's hogging the CPU. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction? My N2 is stock.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

BenThere wrote: »
    Guy's,

My trusty N2 has suddenly gone very slow with huge lag between my initiating an action (scroll or app launch etc) and something happening.

I can't remember how to check what's hogging the CPU. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction? My N2 is stock.

Ben
    I use clean master to free up ram and get rid of junk files. Maybe try that. Works for me

hi all. just wanted to ask a question, sometimes in some emails, i can see at the bottom it would say: sent from my iphone, or sent from XXX (message). just wanted to ask if I can do that on the note 2?

hi all. just wanted to ask a question, sometimes in some emails, i can see at the bottom it would say: sent from my iphone, or sent from XXX (message). just wanted to ask if I can do that on the note 2?
    Open gmail.
    Tap on the left of your home button
    Tap settings on the pop up menu
    Tap on the email address name below General Settings
    Tap on Signature
    Enter desired signature.
    Tap on OK

Hope this helps, I'm not always sure about button names etc.

^thanks! Anyone have any recommendation as alternative to awesome note?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I think that my note will perform better aurally with an external amp, I don't think it its powerful enough to drive my headphones, so I'm going to buy this portable amp.
    When it gets delivered, it will mean I wont be able to use my flip case :

[IMG][/img]ZjA62cql.png

Would anybody have an otterbox defender they're not using / willing to swap?

Mods delete this if you feel its inappropriate.

Can anyone recommend a good weather app that's accurate and does not eat a lot of battery?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nrk.yr - By far the most accurate app. It's actually a widget but it's the mutts nuts.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

The size of this phone interests me as an alternative to tablet use (ie one device)

Does skygo work on it? on their website it says it is compatible but a lot of forums say otherwise?

Is it fair to say that you would not need your tablet once you get this phone? (i have blackberry playbook which is a frustrating device)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

moreau wrote: »

Is it fair to say that you would not need your tablet once you get this phone? (i have blackberry playbook which is a frustrating device)

Cheers

yes and no. I find that I tend to favour the device for short term casual browsing or games over my tablet.
    Like if im at home and I quickly want to look up what actor is in what movie then i usually grab the phone, even tho the tablet is right next to me.

for more intense browsing then I usually get the tablet.

The size of this phone interests me as an alternative to tablet use (ie one device)

Does skygo work on it? on their website it says it is compatible but a lot of forums say otherwise?

Cheers

To be honest, the only thing I really liked about the note 2 was it's battery life. It's too big for a phone (one handed operation awkward) and too small for a tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's too big for a phone (one handed operation awkward) and too small for a tablet.

Their website markets it as an all in one device, but my initial thought was this is too good to be true (practical)

If anyone thinks otherwise I would be happy to hear, I kinda want to be convinced, an easy sale:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Their website markets it as an all in one device, but my initial thought was this is too good to be true (practical)

If anyone thinks otherwise I would be happy to hear, I kinda want to be convinced, an easy sale:rolleyes:

it will be personal preference. I dont think its too big for use as a phone. The only thing that annoys me is having a flip case on it when using it as the case makes it harder to use as a phone.
    I like to browse on it, and read with it. but some websites can be frustrating.

however, I rarely use it to make calls. I hate talking on the phone.
    I rarely use the S pen. The screen is great, but little too small to watch videos on.

I woulnd't say it replaces my tablet, but its a nice companion to it. and it does mean my tablet stays at home.

see if you cant try it out before you buy one and decide for your self

In the last year, I have had HTC One X, S3, Note 2 and HTC One. If there's one thing I can say about the Note 2, it is that you won't regret having it, it really is an amazing device. The only thing that would put me off right now is if there is another one due out in the next few months, although I haven't really been keeping up with that.

For screen real estate, I prefer my Nexus 7, and for using as a general daily device, I prefer the HTC One. As with anything, it comes down to personal preference. I prefer Sense and LCD screens over TouchWiz and Amoled, so if any of these things don't bother you, then I would definitely say go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

So my note 2 has developed a line of dead pixels... It still has about 3 weeks left under warranty but I can't find the receipt or original boxes etc (really really annoying me as I always keep them aside)

Anyone reckon I'd have much hassle rocking up to car phone warehouse where I got it, give them the date of purchase and chance my arm they'll repair it under warranty for me without the receipt?

Grassey wrote: »
    So my note 2 has developed a line of dead pixels... It still has about 3 weeks left under warranty but I can't find the receipt or original boxes etc (really really annoying me as I always keep them aside)

Anyone reckon I'd have much hassle rocking up to car phone warehouse where I got it, give them the date of purchase and chance my arm they'll repair it under warranty for me without the receipt?

If the device is still under warranty it shouldn't be a problem.
    I'd call Samsung and see what they have to say but I'd hurry up if the warranty is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Grassey wrote: »

You should be able to get a reprint of the receipt from CPW if you know when you bought it - worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Excellent, have the date I bought it. I'll drop into shop tomorrow and see.

Guys,

I do a bit of travelling and have often wished I could play movies I have stored on my phone on hotel TVs. This HDMI adaptor is nice and portable and I always have a HDMI cable with me anyway. Would it do the trick? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Samsung-support-Digital-Surround/dp/B009FU51BE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380130984&sr=8-3&keywords=note+2+hdmi+cable

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

BenThere wrote: »
    Guys,

I do a bit of travelling and have often wished I could play movies I have stored on my phone on hotel TVs. This HDMI adaptor is nice and portable and I always have a HDMI cable with me anyway. Would it do the trick? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Samsung-support-Digital-Surround/dp/B009FU51BE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380130984&sr=8-3&keywords=note+2+hdmi+cable

Ben

I recently bought the genuine Samsung one a few weeks back. It was really cheap and supplied by Amazon themselves so I knew it was the genuine article. Some other sellers are based in Hong Kong so you can guess what that means. I'd imagine all the bad reviews are from those people who didn't buy directly from Amazon (but via the Amazon website).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080CXSOU?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

I paid £12.07 in total including vat and delivery to parcel motel.
    Amazing piece of kit for playing movies and Netflix on the tv.

Just be aware that you need to have usb cable or the charger plugged in to provide power to the dongle. I use a cheap usb cable I had lying around and plug it into the usb port on the tv for power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is the Note II on Meteor 4G ready??

Advertisement