Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

lads, my note 2 is starting to act the eejit a bit.

Freezing every now and then, and rebooting itself.

I was doing some digging and it seems my phone has the "insane chip".

Whats the craic with Samsung regarding warranty issues? i bought my phone off of adverts and needless to say, i do not have a receipt. Do i have a leg to stand on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

lads, my note 2 is starting to act the eejit a bit.

Freezing every now and then, and rebooting itself.

I was doing some digging and it seems my phone has the "insane chip".

Whats the craic with Samsung regarding warranty issues? i bought my phone off of adverts and needless to say, i do not have a receipt. Do i have a leg to stand on?

Mine has the insane chip too, and it has rebooted itself twice since I got it back last Thursday.
    If its a hardware issue, you just might be covered as the phone is not even a year old and therefore is in hardware warranty.
    I heard samsung repaired the SIII sudden death models, even if they were rooted and running custom Roms.
    *fingers crossed* :-)

tallus wrote: »
    Mine has the insane chip too, and it has rebooted itself twice since I got it back last Thursday.
    If its a hardware issue, you just might be covered as the phone is not even a year old and therefore is in hardware warranty.
    I heard samsung repaired the SIII sudden death models, even if they were rooted and running custom Roms.
    *fingers crossed* :-)

so who do you contact for warranty?

so who do you contact for warranty?

Samsung :-)

http://www.samsung.com/ie/info/contactus.html

Samsung :-)

Thanks a lot, I'll ring them tomorrow and see what I can do.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot, I'll ring them tomorrow and see what I can do.

Have your serial number ready, because they will ask for it, and they will more than likely send the phone to Anovo, the Samsung repair centre in Norfolk.
    If they say they are going to send a courier to you, you know it's a warranty repair. Otherwise you may have to pay.

Have your serial number ready, because they will ask for it, and they will more than likely send the phone to Anovo, the Samsung repair centre in Norfolk.
    If they say they are going to send a courier to you, you know it's a warranty repair. Otherwise you may have to pay.

thanks for the help.

Hopefully its a warranty issue, as id hate to have to change the phone.

thanks for the help.

Hopefully its a warranty issue, as id hate to have to change the phone.

Is the phone running a custom recovery or custom rom ? If not, you should be fine from a warranty standpoint. Even if it is running custom software, the problem appears to be a well documented one specific to the GNII, and shouldn't be an issue. (Hopefully)
    If it is running custom software, you don't have to tell Samsung anyways, because they will most likely have it sent straight to Anovo.
    Mine was rooted and it still didn't cost me anything more than the postage.

Is the phone running a custom recovery or custom rom ? If not, you should be fine from a warranty standpoint. Even if it is running custom software, the problem appears to be a well documented one specific to the GNII, and shouldn't be an issue. (Hopefully)
    If it is running custom software, you don't have to tell Samsung anyways, because they will most likely have it sent straight to Anovo.
    Mine was rooted and it still didn't cost me anything more than the postage.

No, I've never rooted the phone. It's running just stock touchwiz.

I've sent them an email, so fingers crossed there's no problem getting the phone fixed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone else ever having any charging issues?

I'm using the original charger but it says charging via USB only and is taking ages to charge... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Looks like I have the insane chip! :( Wonder if I sent it in for repair would they replace my cracked screen too??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Looks like I have the insane chip! :( Wonder if I sent it in for repair would they replace my cracked screen too??!!

Talk about wishful thinking. They probably wouldn't go near it without you paying for it. You damage your phone, you lose your warranty

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone else ever having any charging issues?

I'm using the original charger but it says charging via USB only and is taking ages to charge... :(

I only get that message when I'm connected to the pc.

Talk about wishful thinking. They probably wouldn't go near it without you paying for it. You damage your phone, you lose your warranty

Guess I should have used the sarcastic smirk smilie......

Although TBH I think there's definitely an issue with the GN2 screens cracking.

Guess I should have used the sarcastic smirk smilie......

Although TBH I think there's definitely an issue with the GN2 screens cracking.

It's made of glass. Of course its going to crack. I think the screen on note 2 was quite sturdy. Dropped it loads of times face down and nothing. My mother dropped hers last week and got a tiny crack in the corner

It's made of glass. Of course its going to crack. I think the screen on note 2 was quite sturdy. Dropped it loads of times face down and nothing. My mother dropped hers last week and got a tiny crack in the corner

I've seen plenty of reports of the GN2 screen cracking in a specific pattern (like mine) - arcs from the power button to the home button and earpiece. Mine was dropped approx one foot and cracked - my old Galaxy S got way worse abuse and carried on happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I dropped my Note II a few times but never on it's face so screen is perfect. I have a few dents around side and back. Guess I was lucky.

ok, ive just gotten a reply from samsung regarding my phone.

they give the usual jargin of switching it on and off.

But then they ask for my details if that doesnt work so i can send it off for them to look at it.

My question is for the lads that have already done this.

They ask for the Date and place of purchase. As ive stated earlier, i bought mine from Adverts, from a chap that had an unwanted upgrade, so needless to say, i do not have a receipt. Has anybody that sent there's off confirm whether they included their receipt when sending the phone off, or did they just give a date and place of purchase in the email?

Im guessing i could just make a date up if i had to.

I didn't have to include a receipt. Doesn't matter when you bought it to be honest as the warranty would still be intact.
    All Galaxy Note II models are less than a year old, so have to be in warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

One question, in the manual it says do not use screen protector as this will damage the sensor. Anyone using screen protector here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

One question, in the manual it says do not use screen protector as this will damage the sensor. Anyone using screen protector here?

Yes -with no issues that I can tell

Any kind of protector is fine? Even the cheap ones?

Any of the the protectors that cover the sensors, will generally cause issues down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I've never used screen protectors, the phone stays in a protective cover and that does the job. It took a bit of effort to pick off the factory installed screen protector when I had an xperia s, and it performed better without it. They remind me of auld lads refusing to take the plastic covering off the seats in new cars.

instead of a screen protector can anyone recommend a good case for the phone then?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

instead of a screen protector can anyone recommend a good case for the phone then?

I've an otterbox for my s4 and I wouldn't recommend anything but. The defender had a screen cover incorporated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Noticed the flip covers are reduced lately on a few sites. I wouldn't be tempted as they are irritating as you can't see the notification light with it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manna-Quality-Genuine-Leather-Samsung/dp/B009XP1X72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377780419&sr=8-1&keywords=manna+note+2

I have the above case and find it great. It protects the phone well,I'm sorry to say it has taken a few falls but thankfully the protection offered by the case has prevented any damage.i love the stand for watching things too. I would recommend it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^^^
    I have this case and the reason why i didn't recommend it was because it leaves an imprint of the eagle crest on the screen (you can see it on the last picture on the link)
    I suppose you could glue some fabric over it though

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manna-Quality-Genuine-Leather-Samsung/dp/B009XP1X72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377780419&sr=8-1&keywords=manna+note+2

I have the above case and find it great. It protects the phone well,I'm sorry to say it has taken a few falls but thankfully the protection offered by the case has prevented any damage.i love the stand for watching things too. I would recommend it. :)

I use the same case. It's excellent.

Was using one of the Samsung flip cases until I dropped the phone for the,first time and discovered how useless it is as a cover.

Advertisement