Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Is there a way that when pictures are being taken the sound does not come on when taking the shot? I remember I had a mobile phone before where you can use an option for the sound to come on or not

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is there a way that when pictures are being taken the sound does not come on when taking the shot? I remember I had a mobile phone before where you can use an option for the sound to come on or not

Go into settings in the camera app, and turn it off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

My phone came back today, the freezing and restarting hasn't happened so far. Downloaded the app to see does it say whether I still have the insane chip, and yup, it's still there. Don't really know what they've done tbh. On the worksheet it says they've replaced the 'sub pba', does anyone have any idea what that is?

Since the phone is back, it won't connect to the PC properly so I can't restore it ughhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ericaa wrote: »
    Downloaded the app to see does it say whether I still have the insane chip, and yup, it's still there.

What app is that?

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    What app is that?

Ben

eMMC Brickbug Check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

My phone came back today, the freezing and restarting hasn't happened so far. Downloaded the app to see does it say whether I still have the insane chip, and yup, it's still there. Don't really know what they've done tbh. On the worksheet it says they've replaced the 'sub pba', does anyone have any idea what that is?

Since the phone is back, it won't connect to the PC properly so I can't restore it ughhhh

who had it if you dont mind me asking?

who had it if you dont mind me asking?

Fonemenders!
    Don't let my experience put you off them though, I have a track record of having really bad luck when it comes to phones haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Off topic I know, but I genuinely can't remember hearing about anybody having a positive experience of Fonemenders. They just seem to be a constant string of mess ups

Yay it gets even better.

Just discovered this black rubbery stuff in the head phone jack. It's not completely covering it but I have to force my head phones in now. The button on the wire used to skip and pause songs won't work now, presumably because the jack isn't connecting properly.

What ****ing next!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Someone asked in here what people thought of the note 2. I've had mine for around 6 months now and I'm not too impressed tbh. The big screen is cool and all, but I think I would quite happily swap the note 2 for a Galaxy S4. Could do without the s pen features. Music playback is a disgrace. Buggy as hell, skipping like a cd when the screen dims. The only way to stop it is to wake the screen again.

I've had 2 OTA updates and the music issue has still not been rectified. And I'd doesn't matter what music app - it's all playback that's the problem.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Someone asked in here what people thought of the note 2. I've had mine for around 6 months now and I'm not too impressed tbh. The big screen is cool and all, but I think I would quite happily swap the note 2 for a Galaxy S4. Could do without the s pen features. Music playback is a disgrace. Buggy as hell, skipping like a cd when the screen dims. The only way to stop it is to wake the screen again.

I've had 2 OTA updates and the music issue has still not been rectified. And I'd doesn't matter what music app - it's all playback that's the problem.

I never had any problem like the ones you mentioned, and I got the phone this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Same here never experienced anything like that. Maybe you have some dodgy mp3s or apps? Could be a faulty phone? My note 2 was great for music, good sound quality and no skipping or other problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

No issue here either playing music. I use both wired and bluetooth earphones and music is perfect to listen to. Especially so when you use SoundAlive, playback is simply amazing imho.

Perhaps you were playing music from an sd card? That's what I do, but the point being that perhaps your sd card was the issue and not the phone. I'm using a Class 10 32GB with zero issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

the App says I have the insanne chip. Is that very bad news?

Ben

Mine is insane chip as well, but as I said twice already in this thread my phone has worked perfect since I got it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

if anybody is interested. Samsung sent me back a brand new Note and i have it for sale on Adverts.

Its also unlocked :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

if anybody is interested. Samsung sent me back a brand new Note 2 and i have it for sale on Adverts.

Its also unlocked :cool:
    Fyp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Installed the leaked 4.3 firmware the other day and found it fairly buggy so switched to Tygra rom today, it's based on the same firmware but with the bugs ironed out. They also ported over the features of the note 3 and some of them are genuinely fantastic. The pen window feature is great. You basically draw a window of any size on the screen and it opens up a window with a choice of app you can use without disturbing what you're doing. For example you can bring up a WhatsApp window and reply to a message quickly while staying in your browser or continuing to watch a video. You can open up more than one at the same time for real multitasking. There's a good few other new features that are worth installing it for. Gives the phone and s pen a new lease of life

When will the official 4.3 come out for the Note 2? I cannot wait, it will be the first major update for the Note II since it came out, hopefully it comes out before the S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Installed the leaked 4.3 firmware the other day and found it fairly buggy so switched to Tygra rom today, it's based on the same firmware but with the bugs ironed out. They also ported over the features of the note 3 and some of them are genuinely fantastic. The pen window feature is great. You basically draw a window of any size on the screen and it opens up a window with a choice of app you can use without disturbing what you're doing. For example you can bring up a WhatsApp window and reply to a message quickly while staying in your browser or continuing to watch a video. You can open up more than one at the same time for real multitasking. There's a good few other new features that are worth installing it for. Gives the phone and s pen a new lease of life

Do you happen to know if the hdmi out still works on this rom ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

4.3 released for Note 2.

4.3 released for Note 2.

Via Kies or OTA? Not getting it OTA anyhow...

Via Kies or OTA? Not getting it OTA anyhow...

Well in India anyway. You can flash it with odin.

That is the official release, it even says it in the link you sent.

That is the official release, it even says it in the link you sent.

I know it is. And its not out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

A bit wary after the S3 update shennanigans

long_b wrote: »
    A bit wary after the S3 update shennanigans

S4 supposedly has same problems. Deffo AT&T do in US anyway, seen it on some site, don't know if they all suffer the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

just put phone in silent mode (slide notification and touch sound to mute or vibrate) before opening camera apps

Advertisement