Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Is the Note II on Meteor 4G ready??

The GT-N7105 is, but the GT-N7100 is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

tallus wrote: »
    The GT-N7105 is, but the GT-N7100 is not.

Ballcocks. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ballcocks. Thanks!

Unless your planning on downloading stuff I wouldn't be so upset about it. Do remember, 4G = Faster Speeds, Faster Speeds = Faster Battery drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

just one question, i used to own a galas nexus and i saw that the charger for it does not work on the note 2. are the chargers of samsung not universal across phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Galaxy Nexus charger is 1 amp, the note 2 charger is 2 amps, so it would work but in twice the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

just one question, i used to own a galas nexus and i saw that the charger for it does not work on the note 2. are the chargers of samsung not universal across phones?

If you use an older 1 amp charger block, it will charge but takes ages (like way way longer than the actual galaxy note 2 charger block).

Most (all?) newer phones come with a 2amp charger which should be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

*sigh* getting my phone sent away for repair, dunno what I'm gonna do without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Ericaa wrote: »
    *sigh* getting my phone sent away for repair, dunno what I'm gonna do without it!

Mine is in for repair. Im using my old HTC desire.
    Makes you appreciate the note 2 even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just got mine back... that was the longest week ever... how did I ever use the s2 before the note!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What types of issues are yous sending in for? Warranty repairs? Or like broken screens?

As a matter of interest, what's the warranty period on the Note 2 - is it 1 or 2 years?

• Advertisement

deckie27 wrote: »
    Mine is in for repair. Im using my old HTC desire.
    makes you appreciate the note 2 even more.
    I'd say so haha. I don't even have another phone to use because I always give away my old ones :(
    biebiebie wrote: »
    What types of issues are yous sending in for? Warranty repairs? Or like broken screens?

As a matter of interest, what's the warranty period on the Note 2 - is it 1 or 2 years?

Mines going in for a warranty repair. It keeps freezing and retarting itself. There seems to be something going on with the battery as well.
    From what I've read, I think there's a two year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mines going in for a warranty repair. It keeps freezing and retarting itself.

Mine is a similiar problem

Got it back yesterday.

They did feck all with it.

And after having it on for 16 hours. This morning it went loopy again.

Crashing restarting etc. Only way to stop the cycle was to hard power it off (hold power buttton) for about 6-7 seconds

Definetly this morning it was triggered by me turning off my wifi i noted exactly what happened. I will monitor and rscord it for the next few days and send it back for repair. I might contact samsung about in stead of fonfix via meteor shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

My mothers note 2 is having similar issues. Freezing sometimes and powering off and requiring a battery pull. Especially when GPS is in use.

First I thought It was the custom ROM I left on her phone before, but even on stock, with a clean wiped setup its happening. So hardware is failing slowly

deckie27 wrote: »
    Mines going in for a warranty repair. It keeps freezing and retarting itself.

Mine is a similiar problem

Got it back yesterday.

They did feck all with it.

And after having it on for 16 hours. This morning it went loopy again.

Crashing restarting etc. Only way to stop the cycle was to hard power it off (hold power buttton) for about 6-7 seconds

Definetly this morning it was triggered by me turning off my wifi i noted exactly what happened. I will monitor and rscord it for the next few days and send it back for repair. I might contact samsung about in stead of fonfix via meteor shop.

This is exactly why I went straight to Samsung instead of Meteor. Hopefully they'll properly fix mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi guys, If you are interested, there is a leaked 4.3 original Samsung rom available on xda. Works well, better battery life and much quicker.
    I noticed slow reaction to automatic brightness - sometimes too dark. Also, i cant connect to all-share dongle :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Grassey wrote: »
    That's my plan for tonight! anyone tried it??

Splinter wrote: »
    That's my plan for tonight! anyone tried it??

I did .. See my comment above your ppst ;-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

installed and running fine! cheers

I didn't like it aftwr two days of use...went back to 4.2.1

Issues were

Brightness issues. Too slow and too dark.
    Loosing wifi signal
    Allshare didn't work
    Other smaller issues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I have a note 2 with with 2 small scratches on screen what would be a fair price to sell it for its 16gb white not sure what to price it at

Craigels wrote: »
    I have a note 2 with with 2 small scratches on screen what would be a fair price to sell it for its 16gb white not sure what to price it at

I sold my unlocked 16GB with a small ding on back cover with perfect screen (and 2 cases) for €340. If the scratches are on front of screen I'd be looking for less than that..

Ericaa wrote: »
    This is exactly why I went straight to Samsung instead of Meteor. Hopefully they'll properly fix mine :(

How did you go straight to Samsung? How does the returns process compare to going via Meteor?

biebiebie wrote: »
    How did you go straight to Samsung? How does the returns process compare to going via Meteor?

I went to this link http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/erms1
    I sent them an email telling them what was going on with the phone. They rang me back a day or so later to organise getting the phone sent in for warranty repair.
    They sent my details on to Fonemenders, who sent me out a jiffy bag and a form to fill out. The postage was already paid and everything, so just filled out the form, and popped the phone in.
    I only sent it earlier today, so, we'll see how long it takes, it says they aim to have it done in five working days, unless it needs to be escalated to a different team or something.

I couldn't compare it to how it works with Meteor, because I haven't gone to them for a repair before, but it just made more sense to me to go directly to the manufacturer who would be more familiar with issues that their products have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

I was thinking of getting a Note 2 but the last few posts seem to say its riddled with problems.

I had a Note and I love the big screen.

What would people recommend?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

mathie wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a Note 2 but the last few posts seem to say its riddled with problems.

thanks

I have a Note II since it first came out and I never had a problem with it.

thanks

People generally don't post to say their phone is working fine, so you're always going to see a disproportionate number of people complaining of issues. I had a Note 2 for nearly 1 year, sold it recently and there was never an issue with it, worked perfectly (and had far better battery life after 10 months than my brand new HTC One does now).

I have a Note II since it first came out and I never had a problem with it.

+1. Have no issues to report. Phone is rock solid. Posting this from mine in fact.

thanks

Haha yeah I'm sure this thread doesn't make the phone look good at all recently, but seriously, I'd still recommend the phone even if every single one had the issue I had lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

thanks

Mimes been perfect, on my second (insurance replacement) due to water damage and no problems with either. As the price point is close you'd be mad not to look at the Note 3 too. It's a nice step up from the 2. Not a huge difference but it's a lot snappier.

Advertisement