Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Is there a way that when pictures are being taken the sound does not come on when taking the shot? I remember I had a mobile phone before where you can use an option for the sound to come on or not

Or use Wanam Exposed. It has an option that allows the shutter sound to be toggled on/ off.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

i noticed that when I remove my s pen, the symbol for the s pen on the upper left hand is no longer there. didn't change anything in the settings of the phone. have tried to turn it off and on and its still not there. anyone can offer any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Guys,

Does anyone know how to change the app which is presented when you double click the home button? I don't ever use S Voice so I'd like to replace it with something I do use.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Hi,

Got my note 2 via three ireland and its starting to show symptoms of the SDS bug (freezing and rebooting).

How long is the warrenty on these phones (ill have mine 1 year next week so I may need to get it looked at immediately if its a one year warrenty).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

leahcim wrote: »
    Hi,

Got my note 2 via three ireland and its starting to show symptoms of the SDS bug (freezing and rebooting).

How long is the warrenty on these phones (ill have mine 1 year next week so I may need to get it looked at immediately if its a one year warrenty).

Thanks

went into the shop in dundrum with a similar issue and they guy says its a manufacturer warranty of 2 years.

Got mine last jan, so will put it through in the next week or so.

• Advertisement

Vodafone just pushed me out an upgrade to 4.3 Jelly Bean. Installed it and now I'm on N7100BUUEMK2

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

*sigh*
    Mine's away for repair again, but the fonemenders website just leads to a splash page so I can't check the repair progress...

Anyone having any issues with 4.3? My lockscreen is acting weird and I'm missing calls. The lockscreen now enables missed calls to be displayed without unlocking the screen but when I click on the missed call notification a blurred square window appears on the lockscreen. It's as though an app is trying to do something but can't because the screen is locked.

I'm also noticing considerable battery drain.

Anyone else?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BenThere wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues with 4.3? My lockscreen is acting weird and I'm missing calls. The lockscreen now enables missed calls to be displayed without unlocking the screen but when I click on the missed call notification a blurred square window appears on the lockscreen. It's as though an app is trying to do something but can't because the screen is locked.

I'm also noticing considerable battery drain.

Anyone else?

Ben

You have to swipe that blue box to see the notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Merry xmas

4.3 upgrade in the last few hours from Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

o2 pushed out 4.3 over Christmas.
    So whats the verdict? Is it worth installing or more trouble than it's worth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Well worth it

but it was crashing all over the place till i did a factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Will we see 4.4 on the Note 2 anytime soon?

Will we see 4.4 on the Note 2 anytime soon?

If we are gonna get it we will be further down the list of priorities. The Note 3 and S4 will be first then between Note 2 and S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

If we are gonna get it we will be further down the list of priorities. The Note 3 and S4 will be first then between Note 2 and S3.

Ah, I assumed the Note 3/S4 already had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Has anyone encountered a note 2 being network unlocked then not registering on the new network?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭standemancini

After I upgraded to 4.3, I noticed that the phone would go into Emergency Calls only mode i.e. it would not register with Meteor.

I thought it might just be a loose SIM, so I reinserted it but the problem continued. To get the phone to register each time, I had to turn the phone off and then on again.

I did a bit of research and it seems that others are having this problem.

However, the last few days have been OK so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

That's the issue I'm having. But no amount of switching on/off is making a difference.

Super hoop wrote: »
    That's the issue I'm having. But no amount of switching on/off is making a difference.

I don't have any issues but I am on omega ROM.

• Advertisement

I see a test build for 4.4.2 leaked for both the Galaxy S4 and also the Note 3. I wish they would leak one for the Note II just so I know they are going to update to the latest build.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Anyone know when 3 will push out 4.3 on my note 2?

rob180 wrote: »

I have no idea, just download and flash a generic one yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

rob180 wrote: »

It's out now. Just got it on mine. Try downloading via kies

Ahh been without my Note 2 now for just about a month...and I still have another two week wait.

Originally sent away over the Insane chip, and so it was forwarded on to Samsung, who then refused to fix it because of a very tiny scratch on my screen. I couldn't believe it lol *sigh*

Ericaa wrote: »
    Ahh been without my Note 2 now for just about a month...and I still have another two week wait.

Originally sent away over the Insane chip, and so it was forwarded on to Samsung, who then refused to fix it because of a very tiny scratch on my screen. I couldn't believe it lol *sigh*

Really, that's bad form on who ever was suppose to fix it. Did you ever root it and cause the flash counter to rise?

Really, that's bad form on who ever was suppose to fix it. Did you ever root it and cause the flash counter to rise?

Well I did, I but I reversed it before it was sent off, they've never mentioned it anyway.

First it was sent away in August, over the Insane chip, it kept freezing and restarting the whole time. It was sent away to Fonemenders who did not fix it, and actually created two new problems.

Symptoms started up again, and I finally got round to sending it for repair mid December, and I've been waiting what feels like forever haha. I do miss it, I'm using a right brick at the moment...

Fonemenders are replacing the screen with one of their own, sending it back to Samsung, then when it's fixed they're putting my one back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

I dropped my phone the other day and I'm after cracking the "Front Touch Lens" screen. Theres no dead pixels or parts of the screen that dont display

Besides the cracks on the outer screen I can see things clear enough. The outer screen only costs 15-20eur to get a replacement but everywhere I bring it tries to sell me a new screen for over 200eur

Front Touch Lens Glass Screen Replacement for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 on Amazon

There supposed to be a nightmare to fit though. Does anybody know someone who fits them?
    I have no problem paying for labour but 200 for a screen (not counting gettting it fitted) is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone experiencing issues with their Note 2, having updated to Android 4.3? My phone keeps dropping Mobile Data connection, and the only way to fix it is by restarting the phone (have tried toggling the Mobile Data switch, to no avail):mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

my note is away being repaired and when it gets back id like to get it unlocked.

three refuse as I still have 11 months on contract. Im still keeping my contract, but I need to get a pay and go sim while i do some traveling.

can anyone confirm if this works?
    http://www.ibtimes.com/how-carrier-unlock-samsung-galaxy-note-2-permanently-tutorial-926231

seems pretty straight forward.

Advertisement