Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm stuck between choosing to become a vampire or stay as Dawnguard, I'm leaning towards Dawnguard as I dont think I'd get full use of the Vampire and the magical side of his perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I saw this thread Friday and said I'd give it a quick spin when I got home that evening...It's now Monday and I think I clocked up 8 hours over the weekend lol. And desperate to get home..Dam you Boards!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Only 8? Lightweight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I saw this thread Friday and said I'd give it a quick spin when I got home that evening...It's now Monday and I think I clocked up 8 hours over the weekend lol. And desperate to get home..Dam you Boards!!!!
    I'm waiting for it to hit me again. :/

Spent days tweaking the set up just perfect for playing...and couldn't be arsed now.

80 hours clocked up and yet to get past lvl 20 :pac:

Shiminay wrote: »
    Only 8? Lightweight :p
    It would've been much more only for the Woman wanted to spend quality time together pfffft

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Don't worry, it's less than a month till steak and blowjob day :p

Don't worry, it's less than a month till steak and blowjob day :p

Can we call it Skyrim and leave me alone day? :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Can we call it Skyrim and leave me alone day? :pac:

Why not both ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Don't worry, it's less than a month till steak and skyrim while blowjob day :p
    Done and done.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I found something off last night when I was playing this and I was wondering if anyone's seen it themselves. I have no idea what mod it was from (I doubt it was the main game), but in Whiterun, right beside the main gate, there's the naked body of a child and a dead horker, with a load of sweetrolls and a note talking about horkers living in the sewers and raping children. It's a fairly insane thing to suddenly find (type of thing I'd expect in Fallout, in fairness).

Anyone else stumbled upon this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... No.

humanji wrote: »
    I found something off last night when I was playing this and I was wondering if anyone's seen it themselves. I have no idea what mod it was from (I doubt it was the main game), but in Whiterun, right beside the main gate, there's the naked body of a child and a dead horker, with a load of sweetrolls and a note talking about horkers living in the sewers and raping children. It's a fairly insane thing to suddenly find (type of thing I'd expect in Fallout, in fairness).

Anyone else stumbled upon this?

:eek: ......thats odd to say the least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looked it up, someone's posted a screenshot of it on reddit, but it was the first I'd heard of that happening. How odd.

Also, there was no mention of the rape-y note.

Edit: apparently it's just in some "Whiterun Enhanced" mod thing.

Ah, that could be it. It's crazy. I was using the forge at the gate and turned around to find a naked body. I'll try and post a screencap of the scene and the note.

Here's a snap of under the bridge where the bodies are and the note (the second picture might cut off a bit).

294485.jpg

294486.jpg

As you can see, the note text is set wrong, but the test reads:
    A Sum of 150 septims will be awarded, to
    any soul who clears my sewers
    of the pesky walrus!
    He's raped our children, blocked are doorways
    and eaten all our sweetrolls!
    The walrus must be stopped.

PS - Don't let the Vikings know.

-- Jarl Balgruuf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://robbaz.wikia.com/wiki/Walrus

seems to be some sort of in joke or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Many of you know about Skywind I expect, but for those who don't or just been a while, here's the first development video.

They've just released a new one:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I actually didn't know about Skywind , thanks for posting that, will look forward to it

There's a Morroblivion too. That needs Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY and is a lot futher along. Skywind is newer, and needs Morrowind GOTY and Skyrim Legendary Edition.

http://tesrenewal.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Pushtrak wrote: »
    There's a Morroblivion too. That needs Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY and is a lot futher along. Skywind is newer, and needs Morrowind GOTY and Skyrim Legendary Edition.

http://tesrenewal.com
    I presume that means it just needs all the DLC or is the something different in the Legendary Edition?

• Advertisement

Yep, if you got all DLC later, you're good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

When Skywind game re-development has been completed, will it be available for downloading and running without an old copy of Morrowind installed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Black Swan wrote: »
    When Skywind game re-development has been completed, will it be available for downloading and running without an old copy of Morrowind installed too?

I believe you will still need Morrowind. Open to correction, however.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Will there be an TES VI? Will it make the re-development of Morrowind/Skywind obsolete? Then again, I have heard rumours that VI may be made only for next generation consoles and online play, with no PC single-player option. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Skyrim was the first and only elder scrolls game I've played so I know fúck all about modding or basically anything ye're talkin about so I have a (probably stupid) question. Will this be only on PC? I've never played a game on PC so I literally don't have a clue...

I believe you will still need Morrowind. Open to correction, however.
    They have Morroblivion up with a lot more work, and there is no way that would work without Morrowind ever. Could Skywind be different? Perhaps, it sounds like they are doing major reworks rather than porting textures/meshes. I'd say it'd be worth getting Morrowind GOTY in a Steam sale or something when its really cheap just to be sure, and its worth trying out Morroblivion.

The set up was a bit of a pain for that, and have too many other things to justify playing it right now, but its on the backlog. Morroblivion has been in development I believe 5 years and isn't 100% complete. It has most of the stuff done, I don't know what is left. Using it as a baseline to look at Skywind, for a fully playable version, I don't know, could be waiting.
    Will there be an TES VI? Will it make the re-development of Morrowind/Skywind obsolete? Then again, I have heard rumours that VI may be made only for next generation consoles and online play, with no PC single-player option. Anyone know?
    Of course there'll be a TES VI. This is just modders doing unofficial stuff. Bethesda didn't support Morroblivion because of it using Morrowind textures in Oblivion, and so it isn't hosted by places like Nexus. It isn't like Bethesda are trying to stop them on it, but not exactly too keen on it either seemingly.

Morroblivion is still a WIP, with I presume, different people working on both. I skim back now and again, so have a very basic, incomplete picture of what's going on over there, honestly. Not great, but unless someone who is over there a lot posts here, it's probably the best that'll be posted here.
    GerB40 wrote: »
    Skyrim was the first and only elder scrolls game I've played so I know fúck all about modding or basically anything ye're talkin about so I have a (probably stupid) question. Will this be only on PC? I've never played a game on PC so I literally don't have a clue...
    As much as mods on console would rock, I don't have high expectations for that ever, and file it under 'not going to happen' for this game, or this gen seemingly. Would love to be wrong, but don't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I can't get into this at all. It doesn't feel any bit improved from Oblivion, just prettier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

snausages wrote: »
    I can't get into this at all. It doesn't feel any bit improved from Oblivion, just prettier.

I agree. It's like a more refined version of oblivion with better graphics but it left me cold. I never had that feeling of immersion that I got with oblivion back in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Thing is I'm only level 9 or something like that but I feel already that I can 'see' how the systems work and that the game will become a doddle later on, so it ruins that sense of progress and immersion. To be fair, Oblivion was the same but it was the first of its type that I played so I was able to get into it regardless.

Dark Souls is different. Every part of that game's design feels careful and deliberate. Skyrim just feels plastic in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I agree. It's like a more refined version of oblivion with better graphics but it left me cold. I never had that feeling of immersion that I got with oblivion back in 2007.

That's a shame - I've mined 528 hours out of Skyrim so far, and I've never completed the main quest line. Skyrim is a wonderful game.

I enjoyed Oblivion, but I recall having to keep a diary of skill increases so Id know what stat was going to be x5 at level up, and bunny hopping everywhere I went to level Athletics - and indeed picking Major/Minor skills inversely to how the game designers intended to allow you to control attribute level ups. That broke immersion for me - I ended up adjusting how I played to suit a levelling up "schedule".

Skyrim on the other hand was perfect in that respect: a huge, beautiful world and a more elegant skill and levelling method that supported immersion rather than breaking it.

Advertisement