Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Follower mod stops them attacking you when a FUS RO DAH goes wrong, its why i used it.

Oh yeah, I have the mod at this stage alright. It's very good, I like the way it gives you a lot more control over your follower. I just limit myself to only the one follower - mainly because they kill **** a head of me and then get stuck in doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll probably get rid of the guy thats following you in Morthal after you brawl him.

3 guys roaming around is making it a bit to easy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What's the craic with dawnguard? I've a standard steam installation of skyrim with a lvl 14 character? Do I start again if I install dawnguard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mycroft H wrote: »
    What's the craic with dawnguard? I've a standard steam installation of skyrim with a lvl 14 character? Do I start again if I install dawnguard?

Nope, Dawnguard just gets added to your current save file. I think you have to speak with a guard or something to get the first location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mycroft H wrote: »

If you have Dawnguard installed, when you load your character you will most likely get a prompt in-game or an NPC come up to tell you that the Dawnguard are looking for people to hunt vampires (it will then give you the location of the Dawnguard HQ). Or even I think if you go to a Tavern and talk about Gossip the tavern owner will tell you about Dawnguard. As Irving said, chat to a town guard also, they may prompt it.

If you don't get receive any of these then you should start a new character to refresh the code.

• Advertisement

Ya I got told by a guard that the Dawnguard were meeting in fort by Riften.

I'm going make it my job to head there later today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If you're into heavy armour, Isran is a master skill trainer at Fort Dawnguard located in the Velothi Mountains near Riften (accessed through Dayspring Canyon).

Black Swan wrote: »
    If you're into heavy armour, Isran is a master skill trainer at Fort Dawnguard located in the Velothi Mountains near Riften (accessed through Dayspring Canyon).

I've only got heavy armour at the moment, soon as I get enough money for a house I'm going start storing light armour and enchanted armour and customise accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'm going make it my job to head there later today.
    It might be fixed by now but the marked location marked on your map might not be exactly where you've to go. Keep an eye out for a small cave with a couple of torches outside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When do mobs start to drop bolts for my xbow?

Fcuking loving the game right now, why oh why did i put it on the back burner for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dcully wrote: »
    When do mobs start to drop bolts for my xbow?

Fcuking loving the game right now, why oh why did i put it on the back burner for so long.

they won't, dwarven spheres drop bolts and you can now make bolts and arrows at a forge with DG but no one will drop them.

Started crafting steel bolts :)
    I wonder when i get to use exploding arrows and bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Immersive Weapons mod (I think) means that mobs drop bolts (and carry crossbows, the bastards). I know the definitely do in my game, and I think that's the mod responsible - but it might be one of the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I need to start playing this again.

Same. I am considering starting out afresh. I haven't touched the game in months, and I haven't restarted the whole game since actually first playing it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just spotted this by Miracle of Sound. He gives a link to all the mods he uses too, quite a list!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone played requiem?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

it looks interesting

anyone played requiem?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

it looks interesting

Looks very interesting for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Started crafting steel bolts :)
    I wonder when i get to use exploding arrows and bolts.

Can you enchant the bolts with an ice damage effect? I didn't know there was a dwarven crossbow, must get my hands on one of them. Where do you get them? I'm currently using a steel crossbow that I enchanted with shock damage.

Also which house is the best? The only one I've bought is the one in Solitude and its pretty nice. I bought the DLC that lets you build your own but it looks complicated and time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Crossbow comes in Dawngaurd someone shows you how to make it.

I still prefer Auriels Bow with Elven exploding arrows and vampire blood arrows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I still prefer Auriels Bow with Elven exploding arrows and vampire blood arrows.
    Will try this bow and arrows. Can you fire quicker than one every second?

• Advertisement

Black Swan wrote: »
    Will try this bow and arrows. Can you fire quicker than one every second?

Im 92 archery so can fire fairly quickly.

Just checked steam and I've already sunk 250 hours into this game and I've only just started the Dragonborn DLC.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Just checked steam and I've already sunk 250 hours into this game and I've only just started the Dragonborn DLC.

Im playing the dawnguard content since i hit lvl 12 as i want to get that bow mentioned back a bit, will it be ok to go back and do the normal content then or am i handicapping myself doing it this way?

Id say it'll be grand doing it that way. There are some useful perks (depending on whether you side with the vampires or the dawnguard) that you gain from finishing that questline which will help you in the main quest.

I started the Dragonborn dlc around level 20 and was getting my arse handed to me at every opportunity so I'm basically just running around skyrim levelling up and doing quests. I think when hit level 30 or 35 I'll get stuck back into Dragonborn and hopefully I'll stand more of a chance.

Yeah Ill think I'll download that when I've finished Dragonborn. Its basically another full piece of DLC with a new game world like Dragonborn. Very impressive work by that modder. I think he got a job with some games company out of it.

Thats quite good but the area altho very pretty seems empty after a while.

Would suggest following the main quest in one go and wandering off it whilst moving place to place for quests.

Chap works for Crytek now i think.

Im playing the dawnguard content since i hit lvl 12 as i want to get that bow mentioned back a bit, will it be ok to go back and do the normal content then or am i handicapping myself doing it this way?

No as enemies scale some are easy some are hard. When you start meeting Lord Draugnirs you going to have a tough battle.

Auriels bow does mega damage to Undead with the elven exploding arrows.

Coupled with Dawnbreaker(soul sword) one handed sword

250px-Dawnbreaker.png

And Dragonbane one handed sword

250px-Bladessword.png

Hit with a headshot from Bow, quick via favourites to one handed combo and finish him. Throw in a FUS RO DAH if outnumbered and they getting close.

Along with Advanced Kill Moves every battle gives you a badass finishing move :D

Thats my loadout of choice per se with my stats geared towards one handed strenght and archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

What is the earliest level to go for the black star? only just started a new game and only level 4 at the moment

• Advertisement

What is the earliest level to go for the black star? only just started a new game and only level 4 at the moment

Thought was easy enough to get, last fight may be difficult so bring potions.

Advertisement