Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

xalot wrote: »
    A few years ago when getting a taxi the driver attempted to blame the bad Dublin City traffic on black people because, in his words, "all the cars were slowing down to look at them".

Is this Neil Delamere's boards account? Or are you just a lil copycat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Zeebs wrote: »
    Yeah, having different skin pigmentation will affect your likelihood to become involved in crime :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason crime is so high among the black population in the US is because of the social and economic disadvantages that hang over them and not because they have a darker skin pigmentation?

Do you honestly believe that if two children are born under the exact same conditions and one is black and one is white that the black one will be more likely to commit crime?

Because that is, without doubt, the stupidiest thing I have ever heard. It is genuinely laughable.

I certainly have. It's one reason for it but it doesn't explain everything. Other minorities have overcome disadvantages throughout history. Black communities have a particular problem. My point was that as long as that problem continues, people will notice it and certain types of people will take advantage of it and use it as propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I work/volunteer with a group of elderly people (65++) in Galway and I am absolutely astounded at how racist they are - all of them!!
    Older people tend to say what they think and they were very open about even though they wouldn't admit to being "racist".

I am with them once or twice a week and there is simply no talking to them when they have a set on whoever - Black people, Eastern Europeans, Itinerants, Immigrants etc etc

When Savita died in UCHG, they were totally against her and the husband saying the maternity hospitals do a fine job and that all he wanted was money. I have had some really bad experiences of the HSE (UCHG is a shocker) in recent years so I was at a loss to understand it but it was simply racism. They hated her and wanted the story buried asap.

I told them once that I was atheist....bad bad move!!

Yes and I find the older women are the worst. Vicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason crime is so high among the black population in the US is because of the social and economic disadvantages.

Here we come again........
    Bull****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

S.R. wrote: »
    Bull****!

Do you think they are genetically predisposed to unfortunate circumstances?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I find older people use very racist language but i don't sense genuine hatred from them in general. They just have to be educated that certain terms and sayings are not acceptable anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

Pug160 wrote: »
    I certainly have. It's one reason for it but it doesn't explain everything. Other minorities have overcome disadvantages throughout history. Black communities have a particular problem. My point was that as long as that problem continues, people will notice it and certain types of people will take advantage of it and use it as propaganda.

Are you taking the piss? Most black people alive today in the US grew during a period where they were considered less than white people and were lawfully discriminated against. Do you honestly think it's possible to wave a wand and suddenly everyone is on an equal footing?

I genuinely can't believe that you think skin pigmentation has an affect on the likelihood to commit crime. It's a pretty stupid opinion if I may so. Black communities have issues with crime for a number of perfectly valid reasons (including opinions like yours) but it is certainly not their skin pigmentation that makes them commit crimes!!

I wonder, if a study was done of crime statistics between upperclass blacks and upperclass whites would the figures be equal? I'd argue they would because just like what you witness in working class areas in Dublin, the crime does not come from skin pigmentation but poverty and the problem with comparing the general black v white crime statistics from the US is the fact that the black population in the US comes from predominately poor socio economic areas whereas the white population is much more likely to be affluent. And as crime statistics between Dalkey and Finglas will show you, those from poorer backgrounds will always be more susceptible to crime

Pug160 wrote: »
    Other minorities have overcome disadvantages throughout history.

Excellent!
    +100000000000000000!!!

Are you taking the piss? Most black people alive today in the US grew during a period where they were considered less than white people and were lawfully discriminated against. Do you honestly think it's possible to wave a wand and suddenly everyone is on an equal footing?

Most are over 50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

woodoo wrote: »
    I find older people use very racist language but i don't sense genuine hatred from them in general. They just have to be educated that certain terms and sayings are not acceptable anymore.

No you're wrong. See my post above. They mean what they say alright and I have witnessed genuine rage amongst elderly people when discussing certain situations.
    Even recently when that boy got killed in the lift at the Galway social welfare office, they (as usual) blamed the mother (black), said it would not happen to an Irish mother who would keep a hold of her kids and then said they were spongers anyway. There was little or no sympathy.
    Most of them would not answer the door if a black man called even if he was in a suit. Black taxi drivers, no chance.

I tried to argue some of their points but it is ingrained so I gave up. Hopefully it will die out over time but Ireland is a racist country, I have no doubt there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Worked with some white South Africans for a while and it was down right depressing.
    One lad in particular was just awful and there was one black member of our team whom he would make life hell for.

I spoke to our manager who quickly made up a scenario where he got the guy to resign the next week.
    He called him to the office;
    "I was walking past the table in the canteen and heard you use the N word"
    "No absolutely not" he replied.
    Right says the boss " let's call x or y down and see what was said"
    So he buckles "ok,ok I might have let it slip out but didn't mean it"
    The boss says " well that's gross misconduct and you know where I'm going with that, what do you think we should do now"

Idiot hands in his notice to prevent being sacked.

Boss springs for a take away on our next Saturday night, he's was sound !!

Most black people alive today in the US grew during a period where they were considered less than white people and were lawfully discriminated against.

Irish were discriminated against too! Do u want to compare crime rates between Irish and blacks?

Other minorities have overcome disadvantages throughout history. (c)

Bull****!

So growing up in a poor, working class area doesn't make the chance of that individual engaging in crime more likely???

I don't think you hear many D4 accents around Mountjoy.

If you think its bull**** maybe you should read the papers and look at the areas where most offenders come from, they will predominately be poor, working class areas. Thats a fact. So to say that social and economic disadvantages aren't the MAJOR cause of crime is complete and utter bull**** to use your phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A drunk white south African woman I met in my local in Switzerland. She hated the Irish with a passion because her good English friend was killed in an ira bomb,he was a British soldier. She wouldn't let me alone calling,kept picking on me. And eventually I snapped and she lowered me to her level.called her a bore cu@!. And that her dead friend was probably a cu@# too and no loss.moral of Tue story,don't argue with a racist.

Most are over 50?

Yeah, the direct parents of the current generation and as a result of inequalities during their parents time that generation grow up in continued poverty in a crime ridden ghetto where the chances of being involved in crime will inevitably increase. It will take time for any group to overcome such disadvantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

smurgen wrote: »
    A drunk white south African woman I met in my local in Switzerland. She hated the Irish with a passion because her good English friend was killed in an ira bomb,he was a British soldier. She wouldn't let me alone calling,kept picking on me. And eventually I snapped and she lowered me to her level.called her a bore cu@!. And that her dead friend was probably a cu@# too and no loss.moral of Tue story,don't argue with a racist.

I can understand the recent Swiss vote now...

Excellent!
    +100000000000000000!!!

Care to tell me what other minorities have overcome slavery and instutitional racism within 40 years?

I am genuinely intersted in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

A teacher friend of mine told me that most parents sending their children to Gaelscoils are doing so for racist reasons, its not for the love of the language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Red Pepper wrote: »
    When Savita died in UCHG, they were totally against her and the husband saying the maternity hospitals do a fine job and that all he wanted was money.
    That view has been expressed on this very board.
    Actually there are some people with horrible racist attitudes on Boards (and I'm not talking about people who disagree with high immigration etc etc) some of them claiming to be christian too.
    By the same token there are a couple of people who look for racism in everything, even making up false allegations of racism, and just enjoy being offended.

Most people on Boards are fairly moderate though.

Irish were discriminated against too! Do u want to compare crime rates between Irish and blacks?

Other minorities have overcome disadvantages throughout history. (c)

Mate you must be having a laugh, were the Irish enslaved and lawfully lynched?

The Irish suffered discrimination. Africans were imprisoned and worked as slaves for whites. They were routinely raped, beaten and killed without any consequences.

And you want to compare that with an Irish man being called a ****ing paddy in London in the 80s?

You my friend are comedy gold. Such hilarious opinions :o

• Advertisement

Birroc wrote: »
    A teacher friend of mine told me that most parents sending their children to Gaelscoils are doing so for racist reasons, its not for the love of the language.

What is racist in sending kid to Irish school? Did she explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Mid eighties was a passenger in my mates car driving up by Downpatrick. Stopped by British army. Black soldier checking license says, "You're a long way from home lads".
    To which my buddy replies, "I don't see many palm trees and coconuts about either mate".

Yeah, the direct parents of the current generation and as a result of inequalities during their parents time that generation grow up in continued poverty in a crime ridden ghetto where the chances of being involved in crime will inevitably increase. It will take time for any group to overcome such disadvantages.
    So not most then.

Zeebs, stop talking slavery nonsense. There are other disadvantages too, not only slavery of ur grand-grand-grand-grand father.
    If we take 100 whites and 100 blacks from same poor areas I bet blacks would have higher crime rate. As someone said, others try to overcome disadvantages.
    One day I was told by black guy that he would not work for money I did work for. He said he better get social. This is example of overcoming disadvantages. I am not from rich family, but things like "no, I wouldn't work for such money" didn't cross my mind.

Mid eighties was a passenger in my mates car driving up by Downpatrick. Stopped by British army. Black soldier checking license says, "You're a long way from home lads".
    To which my buddy replies, "I don't see many palm trees and coconuts about either mate".

+10000000000000!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Surely where the soldier was born (presumably England) is his home. Having parents or grandparents who immigrated to England from the West Indies or Africa doesn't change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Zeebs, stop talking slavery nonsense. There are other disadvantages too, not only slavery of ur grand-grand-grand-grand father.
    If we take 100 whites and 100 blacks from same poor areas I bet blacks would have higher crime rate. As someone said, others try to overcome disadvantages.
    One day I was told by black guy that he would not work for money I did work for. He said he better get social. This is example of overcoming disadvantages. I am not from rich family, but things like "no, I wouldn't work for such money" didn't cross my mind.

S.R, either you back up your posts with hard evidence or stop talking nonsense.
    Anecdotal evidence isn't enough to substantiate your claims and they just smack of sheer racism. Either back it up, or take it elsewhere please.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnScamall

S.R has got to be one of the biggest Racists that I have come across in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Mate you must be having a laugh, were the Irish enslaved and lawfully lynched?

The Irish suffered discrimination. Africans were imprisoned and worked as slaves for whites. They were routinely raped, beaten and killed without any consequences.

And you want to compare that with an Irish man being called a ****ing paddy in London in the 80s?

You my friend are comedy gold. Such hilarious opinions :o

The median age for AA is 31 years old-someone born in 1983,who left high school in the late 90s-early 2000s,finished college sometime around 2004-2006,Jim Crow it aint.

Furthermore,yes the Irish were enslaved at the same time the Africans were- in the early 1600s Barbary pirates sailed to Baltimore in west Cork,killed many and took others captive and sold them into slavery in North Africa along with other unfortunate Icelanders who suffered the same fate.We have Little of no evidence of their fate thereafter.

After that,towards the end of that Century Irish people were shipped off to the carribbean as slaves,(indentured servants were sent to the East coast of the US)

The prison ships to Australia,while not slavery per se,but a damn Close to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I just can't with this thread. Funny how these threads always bring out the same users though with their completely baseless assumptions of other groups of people.
    For a start, Irish is a nationality, not a race. We have Irish people of many different ethnic backgrounds, doesn't make them any less Irish if they're a citizen/born here.
    Having said that, there is a perception (and some statistics to back it up) that black people commit more crime on average.
    Seriously...?

Advertisement