Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

How long is a game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Usually a week. I'm guessing this week is longer cause the opening games are spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

On the android app it says week 1 is from Oct 1 -13

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Anyone want spezza? For a goalie or different center?

Izy wrote: »

I'll give you Mike Richards for him. Looking to move Ryan Miller too but want more than Spezza, not convinced he's 100% after that injury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I am open for trades. My team is shocking at the moment. I wouldn't take Mike Richards and I am an avid Blueshirt. He was dreadful last year and has taken that form into the current season. Looking to offload Del Zotto myself.

Note : Just noticed my max moves for the week has been reached.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I'll give you Mike Richards for him. Looking to move Ryan Miller too but want more than Spezza, not convinced he's 100% after that injury.

mike richards??? you surely taking the piss :D

neither is Miller....

mike richards??? you surely taking the piss :D

neither is Miller....

Ah you can't blame me for trying. have to get rid of the bum. It's up there with some of your Crosby bids

Spezza & Kane for Scneider & Lupul??

sketchpad wrote: »
    Spezza & Kane for Scneider & Lupul??

hell no...:D

i'm not insane

kane is superstar potential. only players i'd give kane up for are ovi, stamkos, malkin. or crosby + a D men. not even crosby alone.(coz of injury risk)

• Advertisement

kane is superstar potential. only players i'd give kane up for are ovi, stamkos, malkin. or crosby + a D men. not even crosby alone.(coz of injury risk)

I had Kane last year. I got him in the 2nd round, 6th pick, iirc. God, what I'd give for him this year!

I chose a goalie (Hank) in round one. I had 8th pick and the superstars, see above, were gone by then. Also, four of the categories are goaltender related so, I thought that getting a proven goalie who will get you 35-40 regular season wins was really important. I am regretting that decision now.

i'm trying to be more serious about trades now. last year i was behind and was throwing players right/left/center just to make something happen.

but everyone is like that now :mad:

yeah, with 14 teams i thought that getting kane at 7th was good. the last real fantasy superstar ( well proven one anyway, dont count the hot starts by some ) and when i seen some autodrafts pick H. Sedin and Giroux (no offense to whoever picked them, i just really dont like them from fantasy point ) i was getting hopes for Ovi who was just ridiculously HOT by the end of last year but he went under my nose :rolleyes:

well happy with kane anyway NOT TRADING HIM (for the moment anyway)
    so send me on trades but leave him out of it.

Whats the story with the 'cant cut list' ?

Also, anyone needs assists? I'm willing to trade Nathan MacKinnon? 4 assists in 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

sketchpad wrote: »
    Whats the story with the 'cant cut list' ?

There is a list of of the best players that you can't drop to the waiver wire.

It's really to ensure that people don't throw away their chances , be it on purpose or by mistake (rookie) by dropping their best players.

In a fit of rage and frustration after going 5 games without scoring you drop Crosby to the waiver wire not realizing the consequences!
    Or you have no chnace of winning the league so you drop Crosby to the waiver wire, knowing that your mate has first pick on the waiver wire.

There is also genuine errors. I have seen people drop players thinking they have dropped them to the bench when in fact they have let them go.

The old concussions and suspensions are piling up nicely....

Must send some trade offers around. Watch your inboxes :-)

Anyone want either Mike Smith or Ryan Miller for another goalie?

Anyone want either Mike Smith or Ryan Miller for another goalie?

I'd be interest in Smith. Take a look at what I have. Not trading lundy, yet though!

COYW wrote: »
    I'd be interest in Smith. Take a look at what I have. Not trading lundy, yet though!

What's your team and I'll take a look.

What's your team and I'll take a look.

The GAG Line.

Another fine loss for the Rangers last night. I was hoping that home ice might result in an improvement. Sadly not. At the Islanders tonight, gonna be tough to get a win on current form. We are really missing Cally and Nash.

Can the commish add an IR+ to the roster! my players are falling like dominos and I can't/don't want to drop them. Already had to drop Tuytin and now have spezza and cotoure on IR but our settings only allow for one. Thanks

• Advertisement

Can the commish add an IR+ to the roster! my players are falling like dominos and I can't/don't want to drop them. Already had to drop Tuytin and now have spezza and cotoure on IR but our settings only allow for one. Thanks

JoeSoap is the man for this.

Would like this added too. Have two goalies on IR so had to ditch one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Would prefer another bench spot to IR. Feels fairly tight atm with 4.

Sure this is what makes it interesting!!

If you want to keep stats going you gotta drop players :p

Now we are around the half way point is anyone up for trades!?

I have a lot of LWs and looking to get in some Ds.

Now we are around the half way point is anyone up for trades!?

I have a lot of LWs and looking to get in some Ds.

What is your team name?

COYW wrote: »
    What is your team name?

Beechwood Snow Badgers. Who is yours?

Beechwood Snow Badgers. Who is yours?

The GAG Line. You do have some good LW talent.

What the hell is up with Yahoo's IR system. I have Zuccarello and Sedin and both are listed as day to day and both will be out weeks. Don't want to drop either, well Zuccarello anyway but can't be down two roster spots for a long period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

What the hell is up with Yahoo's IR system. I have Zuccarello and Sedin and both are listed as day to day and both will be out weeks. Don't want to drop either, well Zuccarello anyway but can't be down two roster spots for a long period of time.

As far as I know they only go on IR once they actually go on IR for the actual team, if the team doesn't need the roster or cap space may not even place them on IR as can effect future cap space as far as I'm aware

Advertisement