Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Berserker wrote: »
    Fire away, if you cannot I am happy to take the lead. We need to get this set up within the next week or so. We have our team accounts from the previous years, so we just need a league. JoeSoap has the list of contacts for the league last year though. There is a mailing facility in the fantasy NHL to ask the league commissioner (JoeSoap) to renew the league for the new season. I will mail him using that, as there could be an issue with his boards account or something. So, who are the 14?

Me
    Scottmcb04
    MaskedMan
    MrGee + 2
    Aaronm13
    FieryMutant
    Izy
    Coeus

alanmcl12 & sketchpad...

smackbunnybaby hasn't really confirmed yet but he started this conversation back up?

I think im going to have to start a new league up again, so maybe everyone just message me on their email addresses and ill get something together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    alanmcl12 & sketchpad...

smackbunnybaby hasn't really confirmed yet but he started this conversation back up?

I think im going to have to start a new league up again, so maybe everyone just message me on their email addresses and ill get something together!

Berserker
    Scottmcb04
    MaskedMan
    MrGee + 2
    Aaronm13
    FieryMutant
    Izy
    Coeus
    alanmcl12
    sketchpad
    smackbunnybaby

Ok, so that's the list of entrants. We have an odd number. Is there one more out there? If you set up a league with a pin, we can just join it. Can everyone who wants to take part PM Scottmcb04 their email address for the league and their team name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Ok, so that's the list of entrants. We have an odd number. Is there one more out there? If you set up a league with a pin, we can just join it. Can everyone who wants to take part PM Scottmcb04 their email address for the league and their team name.
    Are we doing a head to head league again, it would be my preference but we will need an even number of players in the league. Season don't start until 8/10 so we have some time to find another. Also is everyone happy same rules, scoring cats etc as last season?

Coeus wrote: »
    Are we doing a head to head league again, it would be my preference but we will need an even number of players in the league. Season don't start until 8/10 so we have some time to find another. Also is everyone happy same rules, scoring cats etc as last season?

I would stick to a head-to-head league too with the same rules and categories as last season. Any objections?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MrGee

I would stick to a head-to-head league too with the same rules and categories as last season. Any objections?
    Head to head is good. Im trying to contact the +2 that i said wanted to join the league with myself( neither use boards). Ive emailed them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

How does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

alanmcl12 & sketchpad...

Oh I'll defo be back in.

How does this work?

Have you played fantasy nfl, mlb etc? It's the same as that. We are having a head-to-head league of 14 teams.

To participate you :

1) Register a team in yahoo fantasy nhl.
    2) Join our league; you will be given the code by the league moderator.
    3) Partake in a live draft, where you choose your starting roster for the season, which will take place at a date and time which suits all of us. (If you miss the draft a roster is chosen at random for you. It's usually the highest ranked player available when it's your pick).
    4) After that you can trade players with other players in the league or get free agents etc.
    5) Then it's game time. So, each week you go head to head with a new player in the league. You can make daily roster changes, trades etc and the scoring is done based on a range of categories for your roster such as goals scored, assists, +/-, PIMS, goaltender save percentage.

That is the drift of it. The other members will add in anything that I am missing.

So when suits for the draft? I would prefer weekend coz I'm in Vancouver so timing isn't great with work, and this weekend doesn't suit so the following Saturday or Sunday? Send on your emails to me if you haven't already!

So when suits for the draft? I would prefer weekend coz I'm in Vancouver so timing isn't great with work, and this weekend doesn't suit so the following Saturday or Sunday? Send on your emails to me if you haven't already!

First sunday evening in october would suit me best, be in prague from next sat til the following sat.

• Advertisement

Scott can you send an invite to cormac mcdohnut, ( not his real name) he was one of the +2 i was talking about. He said he messaged u on saturday but never got the league invite. Cheers.

Hey guys,

Did we have an extra category for blocks last year?

These are the current categories:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I can't remember rightly, i can add it in if yis like???

I'd certainly be up for it.

I'll wait for the guys to yay/nay it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Hey guys,

Did we have an extra category for blocks last year?
    We've had blocks as a cat for the last 2 seasons. Makes them D-men more valuable...

I see the first Sunday of October is the suggested draft night...thats good for me. 9 or after Irish time would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Coeus wrote: »
    We've had blocks as a cat for the last 2 seasons. Makes them D-men more valuable...

I see the first Sunday of October is the suggested draft night...thats good for me. 9 or after Irish time would be great :)

First Sunday of October, 9pm GMT gets my vote too.
    Also a big yes for blocked shots

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Sunday 9pm is fine by me too. So are the blocked shots. Makes picking a defender more interesting

Sunday the 4th oct suits me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Suits me too.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Sunday at 9 is good,

What do people think of adding hits as a scoring category,
    make grinders and enforcers more valuable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    Sunday at 9 is good,

What do people think of adding hits as a scoring category,
    make grinders and enforcers more valuable
    I think hits is a good category, gets my vote

personally not overly pushed about hits, we already have penalties in there, its making some of donkeys of the league a small bit too valuable! but ill add it in if people want?

also, is there anyone else that wants in? we're stuck on 10 at the minute!

there is a new thread for this years fantasy hockey now...

please see if you agree/disagree with any changes that have been discussed over there before the draft tomorrow evening...

there will be no changes after the draft, so have your say now!

Can someone close this thread and can they make the 'NHL Regular Season 2014-2015' thread as a sticky, please?

Advertisement