Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Big tins of Quality Street and Roses are reduced to €3.30 now! Expiration dates are August and October. I got one of each just for me and himself to nom on at home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Just back from the Maple ctr and they have lots of Christmas chocs reduced. Various tubes of sweets reduced to 62c (or thereabouts!) bars of choc and bags of chocs too. Also there is a stand at the top of the escalator selling cards packs of 5 easter cards 20c, lots of different individual birthday, congratulations etc 50c each, all in aid of Aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

After reading lindtree's posts, I went in search of the bluray player last night. Didn't find that but did find some DVDs scanning at 1c. Without reading lindtrees and other posts and knowing that people can actually find stuff for 1c, I wouldn't have been so persistent in price-checking items and wouldn't have found these. So thank you Lindtree!

DVDs I found for 1c - Ice Age and Scared Shrekless. This was last night in Claremorris. Today I say another Scared Shrekless in the pile of DVDs but it scanned at full price 5.99 I think. But maybe they are still available elsewhere for 1c.

Also, not great deals but still nice and found with Christmas stuff - 100g box of Butlers chocolates €1.62, 250g box of Lemon's Iced Caramels €1. Also sitting alone on an endcap Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml €2.34. I think this is a clearance item as there didn't seem to be an Filippo Berio with the other oils.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Green Tea Bags 20's reduced to 60c
    Energizer Universal Battery Charger 85c http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262819881

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I price checked an entire trolley full of Blurays/DVD Players/Wifi routers/ tablets etc (over 40 different items)- all of which unfortunately scanned at their intended prices, no bargains to be had. Tesco Maynooth.

Chocolate bargain- large Lindt Christmas chocolate teddy bears 400grm chocolate @ 95c. Small 10grm Lindt bunnies (think they were a charity item) now at 5c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got Just Dance 4 for Wii U for 1c it was buried in with the disney dvds rather than the games section, most if not all items that have been flagged have gone back up to full price, a prince cd that was 1c is now €7, spent 30 minutes scanning loads of stuff and it's all full price again.

The basterds have ipods on display again and they are also full price one is a 4th gen nano for €150. This is over now folks, don't waste your time looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

We must all be turning healthy and Tesco wants us to stay fat.

Loads of Xmas chocs and sweets in Tesco Clearwater, some with expiry dates to 2015. There about 2 hrs ago.

Quality Street Tins (plastic ones !!) €3.30
    Freddo bars 9c
    Love Hearts and Fruit Pastilles Tubes 62c
    And loads of others

Also got 2 boxes of Tayto C&O, 20 pack, for €2.99.

Lots of stock of all the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, a 2ft tube of Swizzers sweets, like refreshers etc was reduced from €5 to €1.25, there was a wall of them right beside the gym stuff and all the weight watchers stuff, the sweets were cleared out in 3 hours, plenty yoga mats left!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Got COD modern warfare 2 for ps3 on thurs in dundrum for 1cent. Was marked €5 but scanned cheap. Tried a few other dvds and games but no other discount to what was marked. There were a few CODs left though.

Was at self service till, yer one came over and took game off to manager but he approved the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

stevieob wrote: »
    Got COD modern warfare 2 for ps3 on thurs in dundrum for 1cent. Was marked €5 but scanned cheap. Tried a few other dvds and games but no other discount to what was marked. There were a few CODs left though.

Was at self service till, yer one came over and took game off to manager but he approved the sale

Probably no point in going now seeing as today is Sunday and you bought it on Thursday. Thanks for posting though

Anyway, back to todays bargains.

Lots more cheap sweets on the shelves in Tesco Clearwater

Boxes of Aero Mint Chocs and Rowntrees Randoms (450g) for €1.50.

BB is June 2014 not that they'll last :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Thanks to everyone who posted the deals, and if anyone got anything for 1c fair play to you. was in jervis yesterday and they had a fair few of the long crunchies for €1. didnt see anything else until i was checking out and the manager walked by with a trolley of xmas biscuits and sweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

If posters put what tesco they were talking about in the title it would make it easier to find bargains in your local tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A bargain/misprice of sorts....

Tesco Ashbourne, but should be national.

Monopoly board game priced as being reduced to €18:74 scanning at €25.99. Yellow sticker and says price held until 31/03/14. Double the difference (€7.25 x 2 = €14.50) brings that form to €24.99 to €11.49. Might be of use to someone. Genuinely didn't notice until I'd paid for everything else (awaits calls of "yeah right!"....).

The OH has been asking me to buy this for her for ages. Bought it yesterday evening very late after a day of tv rugby. Have to admit to being surprised as to how quick and easy the refund process was. I was preparing for an epic battle but it was no fuss and no argument at all!

Snowc wrote: »
    Sorry ,please delete it:o

I was joking. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Is it not Double the Difference and item for FREE?

Clearwater had truckloads of sale stuff last week and today has just a couple of baskets in the clearance section in front of the TV's.
    Nothing of note there and few sweets/chocolates left apart from the Tesco chocolate Xmas tree reduced to €2 or €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

Is it not Double the Difference and item for FREE?

No.... It used to be "Item for free and money refunded".... They then switched to "Double the Difference".

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

Good price imo,

QL-570,

2 on the shelf as of 6 today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-QL-570-printer-thermal/dp/B001HZSH8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391378779&sr=8-1&keywords=QL-570

£45

labels are a bit pricey, shop around online , compatible ones available I think.

Anyone see what this weeks crazy prices are?

Loads of Quality Street tubs @ 3.30 left.
    Location: Bottom of what was the Christmas aisle (now the Easter Egg Aisle) on the top left shelf, just before the checkouts.
    Must be over a hundred on the top shelf.
    Someone has also helpfully left a small step thing so you can reach up for them.

No SAL on the shelf for them, nothing at all- but 3.30 each- and lots of them just sitting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone see what this weeks crazy prices are?

Looks like another fake wine sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

vicwatson wrote: »
    Looks like another fake wine sale
    Correct. Go to Aldi or Lidl and buy at their standard prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a quick question- is there any app out there for smartphones that allows you to see what Tesco items will scan at? Or do you always have to bring them up to the till to find out ? or do any Tescos have those price checker scanners on the wall ?

Rice Krispies and Lyons Tea are the teetotaler deals this week if you are not into Wine, I didn't catch the prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769&icid=GHP_Seasonal_Tab

The Rice Krispies are €2.95 down from €4.99 which is a good saving but the teabags only have 74c off €2.99 down from €3.65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

athtrasna wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769&icid=GHP_Seasonal_Tab

The Rice Krispies are €2.95 down from €4.99 which is a good saving but the teabags only have 74c off €2.99 down from €3.65

66c off, worse again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry, €2.95 from €3.69

Just a quick question- is there any app out there for smartphones that allows you to see what Tesco items
    will scan at? Or do you always have to bring them up to the till to find out ?
    or do any Tescos have those price checker scanners on the wall ?

I tried taking a picture on my phone and scanning it at the Self service checkout but couldn't get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

lesnol wrote: »

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a ped egg?

Ignore, my good friend Mr. Google helped me out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I tried taking a picture on my phone and scanning it at the Self service checkout but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for that. I was just wondering as people on this thread often talk about items not scanning at a price they expect, I was wondering if people are using some sort of app or if they are bringing a rake of stuff to the self serve checkouts and leaving behind items that scan at a higher price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

http://www.tesco.com/direct/breville-vin304-steam-iron-2200w/138-2987.prd

Picked up two of these tonight in Ashbourne. Priced at €7.33 on shelf. One left about 30 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

It was in the hardware hanging on a clip strip with price clearly marked at 1c at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Clare Hall

Finest chocolate selections 2€, these are in the Easter eggs section, no sel on the shelf. Beside is a nice pink box of Tesco Finest chocolates that would be a lovely Valentine's pressie for 5€

To balance all that chocolates, some bargains to be had in the Fitness section, weights and all. Although don't bother with the pedometer at 6.99€ (reduced from 13€ something), I exchanged the one I had bought because it was faulty and the 2nd is also faulty
    3 for 2 on energy and recovery drinks / shakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Picked up a Phlips DAB radio in Ashbourne about an hour ago, priced €30 scanned at€0.01 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

meathman0 wrote: »
    Picked up a Phlips DAB radio in Ashbourne about an hour ago, priced €30 scanned at€0.01 cent.

Did you happen to notice if they had many more in stock? My dad would love one and that Tesco is just up the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Vayda wrote: »
    Did you happen to notice if they had many more in stock? My dad would love one and that Tesco is just up the road.

it was the last one on a clearance shelve, unless they have some somewhere else, if your near might be worth a look.

meathman0 wrote: »

I scanned that last weekend, was the reduced price (€30!). Nice find though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Giant boxes of magnum ice-creams (8 full-sized ones, 2 of each flavour - classic, white, caramel and almond) are only 2 euro. I saw this in Bray but I think they are nationwide.

Perfect for this warm and sunny weather!

B0jangles wrote: »
    Giant boxes of magnum ice-creams (8 full-sized ones, 2 of each flavour - classic, white, caramel and almond) are only 2 euro. I saw this in Bray but I think they are nationwide.

Perfect for this warm and sunny weather!
    Thanks for this. Got a box of Magnum Mania this morning at Tesco Claremorris. Good deal, that's only 25c a bar.

No luck on finding the Dab radio or Breville iron.

Looked for ped-egg too. When I asked, I was directed to pumice stones in the beauty/bath aisle. I remembered others saying they found them in the hardware aisle - have people been finding them on the clearance shelf in hardware? These ped-eggs make nice mini-graters for lemon zest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

leck wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Got a box of Magnum Mania this morning at Tesco Claremorris.

Looked for ped-egg too. When I asked, I was directed to pumice stones in the beauty/bath aisle. I remembered others saying they found them in the hardware aisle - have people been finding them on the clearance shelf in hardware? These ped-eggs make nice mini-graters for lemon zest.

They might be in the JML stand (if they have one). I think they're a JML product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Thanks for this. Got a box of Magnum Mania this morning at Tesco Claremorris. Good deal, that's only 25c a bar.

Ditto here. Very little stock of magnums in nenagh but got 2, no dab and breville iron scanned at €16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Really annoyed now I found an item priced at 1c
    Went to the self service till scanned it and

went to get the security tag removed and she goes and says that she can't sell that to me
    Went and got the manager and she came and said
    Sorry but I can't sell that to you because it's illegal as the system has no value for that item.

I questioned it as 1c is a value and she just went on about it being illegal and she walked away with it

kendragon wrote: »
    What was the item? Do you think they were keeping it for themselves?

It was a cordless drill
    I didn't really get the feeling that she wanted it for herself I reckon she was worried about being questioned about it on the cash count

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Really annoyed now I found an item priced at 1c. Went to the self service till scanned it and went to get the security tag removed and she goes and says that she can't sell that to me Went and got the manager and she came and said Sorry but I can't sell that to you because it's illegal as the system has no value for that item.

I questioned it as 1c is a value and she just went on about it being illegal and she walked away with it
    I bought three DVDs at 1c each last week. I used self-service checkout. The first one beeped and needed some kind of over-ride by the attendant. I had other items and she didn't look at the price. I thought she would have to approve the other two also, but maybe once she did the first one, it automatically let the other two through. So maybe if you had some other items in the transaction, you would have flown under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have heard from several people who work in tesco that anything thats 1c doesnt not get sold. its supposed to be taken back and either destroyed or sold to staff at a reduced price * say a telly if its 1c, would be sold to staff for 50 euros with the money going to a charity. Now i picked up a game last week in clarehall for the ps vita, and it was scanning at 1c, the lady who served me couldnt sell it, but came back with a 2 euros price on it.
    The 1c items are few and far between now, what i bought was ink that was reduced to 68c, down from 38 euros. but it scanned at 1c. it had a yellow sel on it.
    so the advice I am giving you is put through a few items as well in the self scanner and then once its paid for get them to open it, or take the tag off it. ;)

• Advertisement

I bought three DVDs at 1c each last week. I used self-service checkout. The first one beeped and needed some kind of over-ride by the attendant. I had other items and she didn't look at the price. I thought she would have to approve the other two also, but maybe once she did the first one, it automatically let the other two through. So maybe if you had some other items in the transaction, you would have flown under the radar.

I think what caught me was the fact that she had trouble getting the security tag off so it took longer than normal I also had a bag of nuts so the total was 81c

But ya i reckon if I had my shopping and was putting loads through they might have left it slip.

I bought a few items last weekend in Clarehall including a Kodak pack with photo paper and ink for 1c (original price was €25).
    Put everything through the self service and everything was through, got a girl to remove the security tag.
    She didn't look at the item so wouldn't have known if it was 1c or not.

The 18's DVDs have an age checker for attendants (same as alcohol and some other products)- which could have been why it beeped. It probably was nothing to do with the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm not very good at this game, actually I'm shockingly bad having never played anything other than football / golf and car games before!

waste of a cent :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm not very good at this game, actually I'm shockingly bad having never played anything other than football / golf and car games before!

waste of a cent :(

You just need some motivation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement