Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Thanks to everyone who posted the deals, and if anyone got anything for 1c fair play to you. was in jervis yesterday and they had a fair few of the long crunchies for €1. didnt see anything else until i was checking out and the manager walked by with a trolley of xmas biscuits and sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

If posters put what tesco they were talking about in the title it would make it easier to find bargains in your local tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A bargain/misprice of sorts....

Tesco Ashbourne, but should be national.

Monopoly board game priced as being reduced to €18:74 scanning at €25.99. Yellow sticker and says price held until 31/03/14. Double the difference (€7.25 x 2 = €14.50) brings that form to €24.99 to €11.49. Might be of use to someone. Genuinely didn't notice until I'd paid for everything else (awaits calls of "yeah right!"....).

The OH has been asking me to buy this for her for ages. Bought it yesterday evening very late after a day of tv rugby. Have to admit to being surprised as to how quick and easy the refund process was. I was preparing for an epic battle but it was no fuss and no argument at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Snowc wrote: »
    Sorry ,please delete it:o

I was joking. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Is it not Double the Difference and item for FREE?

Clearwater had truckloads of sale stuff last week and today has just a couple of baskets in the clearance section in front of the TV's.
    Nothing of note there and few sweets/chocolates left apart from the Tesco chocolate Xmas tree reduced to €2 or €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Is it not Double the Difference and item for FREE?

No.... It used to be "Item for free and money refunded".... They then switched to "Double the Difference".

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Good price imo,

QL-570,

2 on the shelf as of 6 today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-QL-570-printer-thermal/dp/B001HZSH8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391378779&sr=8-1&keywords=QL-570

£45

labels are a bit pricey, shop around online , compatible ones available I think.

Anyone see what this weeks crazy prices are?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Loads of Quality Street tubs @ 3.30 left.
    Location: Bottom of what was the Christmas aisle (now the Easter Egg Aisle) on the top left shelf, just before the checkouts.
    Must be over a hundred on the top shelf.
    Someone has also helpfully left a small step thing so you can reach up for them.

No SAL on the shelf for them, nothing at all- but 3.30 each- and lots of them just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone see what this weeks crazy prices are?

Looks like another fake wine sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

vicwatson wrote: »
    Looks like another fake wine sale
    Correct. Go to Aldi or Lidl and buy at their standard prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a quick question- is there any app out there for smartphones that allows you to see what Tesco items will scan at? Or do you always have to bring them up to the till to find out ? or do any Tescos have those price checker scanners on the wall ?

Rice Krispies and Lyons Tea are the teetotaler deals this week if you are not into Wine, I didn't catch the prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769&icid=GHP_Seasonal_Tab

The Rice Krispies are €2.95 down from €4.99 which is a good saving but the teabags only have 74c off €2.99 down from €3.65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

athtrasna wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769&icid=GHP_Seasonal_Tab

The Rice Krispies are €2.95 down from €4.99 which is a good saving but the teabags only have 74c off €2.99 down from €3.65

66c off, worse again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry, €2.95 from €3.69

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Just a quick question- is there any app out there for smartphones that allows you to see what Tesco items
    will scan at? Or do you always have to bring them up to the till to find out ?
    or do any Tescos have those price checker scanners on the wall ?

I tried taking a picture on my phone and scanning it at the Self service checkout but couldn't get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

lesnol wrote: »

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a ped egg?

Ignore, my good friend Mr. Google helped me out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I tried taking a picture on my phone and scanning it at the Self service checkout but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for that. I was just wondering as people on this thread often talk about items not scanning at a price they expect, I was wondering if people are using some sort of app or if they are bringing a rake of stuff to the self serve checkouts and leaving behind items that scan at a higher price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

http://www.tesco.com/direct/breville-vin304-steam-iron-2200w/138-2987.prd

Picked up two of these tonight in Ashbourne. Priced at €7.33 on shelf. One left about 30 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

It was in the hardware hanging on a clip strip with price clearly marked at 1c at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Clare Hall

Finest chocolate selections 2€, these are in the Easter eggs section, no sel on the shelf. Beside is a nice pink box of Tesco Finest chocolates that would be a lovely Valentine's pressie for 5€

To balance all that chocolates, some bargains to be had in the Fitness section, weights and all. Although don't bother with the pedometer at 6.99€ (reduced from 13€ something), I exchanged the one I had bought because it was faulty and the 2nd is also faulty
    3 for 2 on energy and recovery drinks / shakes

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Picked up a Phlips DAB radio in Ashbourne about an hour ago, priced €30 scanned at€0.01 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

meathman0 wrote: »
    Picked up a Phlips DAB radio in Ashbourne about an hour ago, priced €30 scanned at€0.01 cent.

Did you happen to notice if they had many more in stock? My dad would love one and that Tesco is just up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Vayda wrote: »
    Did you happen to notice if they had many more in stock? My dad would love one and that Tesco is just up the road.

it was the last one on a clearance shelve, unless they have some somewhere else, if your near might be worth a look.

meathman0 wrote: »

I scanned that last weekend, was the reduced price (€30!). Nice find though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Giant boxes of magnum ice-creams (8 full-sized ones, 2 of each flavour - classic, white, caramel and almond) are only 2 euro. I saw this in Bray but I think they are nationwide.

Perfect for this warm and sunny weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

B0jangles wrote: »
    Giant boxes of magnum ice-creams (8 full-sized ones, 2 of each flavour - classic, white, caramel and almond) are only 2 euro. I saw this in Bray but I think they are nationwide.

Perfect for this warm and sunny weather!
    Thanks for this. Got a box of Magnum Mania this morning at Tesco Claremorris. Good deal, that's only 25c a bar.

No luck on finding the Dab radio or Breville iron.

Looked for ped-egg too. When I asked, I was directed to pumice stones in the beauty/bath aisle. I remembered others saying they found them in the hardware aisle - have people been finding them on the clearance shelf in hardware? These ped-eggs make nice mini-graters for lemon zest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

leck wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Got a box of Magnum Mania this morning at Tesco Claremorris.

No luck on finding the Dab radio or Breville iron.

Looked for ped-egg too. When I asked, I was directed to pumice stones in the beauty/bath aisle. I remembered others saying they found them in the hardware aisle - have people been finding them on the clearance shelf in hardware? These ped-eggs make nice mini-graters for lemon zest.

They might be in the JML stand (if they have one). I think they're a JML product.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement