Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What's worse is it is tagged, who the **** is going to steal this, time travelers, a museum.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seems to have been discontinued since 2009!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encarta

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

Toffifee's 400g box (48 sweets) is marked half price. Should be €3.42 but they are actually scanning in at €1.71 (75% off)! I got them in Clarehall and there were still a couple on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got one of those Breville Irons for €7.33 in Cabra today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Single bounty bars for 15c in tesco poleberry. Waterford not out of date until mid March

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Tesco roscommon but possibly elsewhere
    Dolce gusto chococino half price,
    Tesco columbian 454g hald price and one other tesco.
    Bewleys Indian Araku half price (cleaned out by the person before me so must be nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Deal of the (last) decade in tesco Ballybrack

Microsoft Student 2006(!) for €84.99

WITH A FREE MOUSE!

I was told someone got a Nintendo game cube for for €15, never opened.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I was told someone got a Nintendo game cube for for €15, never opened.

Tell them I hate them. Avengers bluray was 1c now €12:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Volvic 1.5 Liter is only 50 cent in all Tesco at the moment. 1.5 liter is handy sized bottle.

Plus Ben And Jerrys is around €3 again (half price). But if you seriously pay €6 for a tub of ice cream you need your head examined

Tesco also have cute 200 gram heart shaped boxes, of heart shaped caburys for only €3

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco have a few 'own-brand' wines like their Finest Chenin Blanc, Rose or Bordeaux- for very good prices (typically 7-8 Euro a bottle). Quality and drink-ability very good- and a damn sight better than the brand names in their wine sale, often at over double their price. Note: avoid the Chablis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tesco have a few 'own-brand' wines like their Finest Chenin Blanc, Rose or Bordeaux- for very good prices (typically 7-8 Euro a bottle). Quality and drink-ability very good- and a damn sight better than the brand names in their wine sale, often at over double their price. Note: avoid the Chablis.

Thanks, I love the Chenin Blanc.
    Chablis, like Pouilly, is worth paying extra for. Get it from a good off license

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Right guys and gals.

I emailed Tesco Ireland customer services while ago and received the following reply.

"With regards to the 1c items these items are being discontinued. A customer can purchase these as it would be better to sell them at 1c then have to throw them away.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and if I can be of any further help please let me know.

Kind regards

Henry Dawson
    Tesco Ireland Customer Service"

So I guess we should be able to fill our boots guilt free.

Following on from the above, I emailed Henry asking the following....
    "So is it Tesco Ireland’s policy that these 1c
    items are to be sold, and it’s not at the discretion of the individual store
    managers? "

To which he replied....

"When an item is reduced to 1c we do advise the store to remove them. If they do not remove them and a customer attempts to purchase them, the store must sell the item to the customer for 1c.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and if I can be of any further help please let me know. "

So that fairly bookends that, and should do away with the need for all the self service sneakiness.

I can confirm the above works! :D

What did you get for a cent?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A penny sweet.

Sorry, couldn't resist…. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

did you have to show them your origional email?

A tv.
    A penny sweet.

Sorry, couldn't resist…. :rolleyes:

You're not allowed read above for being so cheeky!
    sarah88 wrote: »
    did you have to show them your origional email?

Yup. Weren't gonna sell at first until I showed the email.

**** off did you get a tv, really... I hate you. ;)

Seems you are getting my good karma, the avengers bluray I bought for 1c has the wrong disc in it, some bloody star wars demo bluray instead. Only opened the box last night so no chance of returing it.

Wouldn't give me any discount for it being a display model either!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

What store did this happen in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

Wouldn't give me any discount for it being a display model either!
    How did you know what tv to look for, have you the model no.

Picked up mario vs donkey kong for ds, it scanned at 1c, but the girl said she couldn't sell it, so I showed her the post on Boards, she went off to look for her manager and came back and said thats fine an email came from head office yesterday and they were allowed to sell 1c items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Castrol edge engine oil.

1lr was 26 euro now 13 in maynooth.

mac1961 wrote: »
    How did you know what tv to look for, have you the model no.

They've little paper slips in the tv section with model numbers and barcodes. Picked up a lash of them, went up to the price checker, and scanned them.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They've little paper slips in the tv section with model numbers and barcodes. Picked up a lash of them, went up to the price checker, and scanned them.

Simples.

Care to share the relevant model number :)

Ye have to do something yereselves.

I can't spoonfeed ye everything.
    I've clarified the situation with Tesco Ireland so we can all buy the 1c items without issue. I've told ye I bought a tv and I've told ye how I found the price by scanning barcodes.
    I don't live in Tesco's. I had to go out of my way every evening for the last couple of weeks, once the kids were in bed, to head over to a couple of different Tescos and scan codes. I finally came across one and purchased.

Really don't think it's too much to ask that ye go out and check model numbers yereselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Soarer you are dead right

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Ye have to do something yereselves.

I can't spoonfeed ye everything.
    I've clarified the situation with Tesco Ireland so we can all buy the 1c items without issue. I've told ye I bought a tv and I've told ye how I found the price by scanning barcodes.
    I don't live in Tesco's. I had to go out of my way every evening for the last couple of weeks, once the kids were in bed, to head over to a couple of different Tescos and scan codes. I finally came across one and purchased.

Really don't think it's too much to ask that ye go out and check model numbers yereselves.

Thanks for the info.
    Did a stock check today and sent five boxed and one display 1 cent TVs back into the stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thanks for the info.
    Did a stock check today and sent five boxed and one display 1 cent TVs back into the stores.

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make to you taking the stock off the floor besides giving yourself the satisfaction that no one here will be able to take advantage of 1c stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make to you taking the stock off the floor besides giving yourself the satisfaction that no one here will be able to take advantage of 1c stock?

Well according to tesco they normally go to charity as opposed to the charity of mé féin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Thanks for the info.

Stop ruining the fun for everyone :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement