Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Looking to go to Malaga in April and FR showing as €168 return, EI showing as €122.98, bit of a difference there, I cringe when I hear people say that FR are the cheapest airline in the business definitely not the case at all, in some circumstances they might be but not all the time as some would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I cringe when people do not check the alternatives, this is not just a Ryanair thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Just use sky scanner. It's the best way to compare fares between airlines. It's also unfair to just say A is cheaper than B. There are various factors to include like the day of the week and the time of the day. There can be big differences in price variation even over one day.

While many companies will strive to be the cheapest, in the end of the day they are in the game to make money and if they can have higher fares than the competition yet still sell most seats then they will do just that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why are Ryanair advertising the new assignment seating as a way to get rid of queues?

Now theres a lovely little sign saying only the first 90 people on the plane are guaranteed a spot in the overhead bins, if they are full, it gets put down bellow and you have to wait to claim at the other end.

So clearly people are going to queue up to make sure they get a overhead bin

:confused:

EasyJet get around this by having 2 cabin bag sizes, Smaller one is guaranteed on board (because if fits underneath) but the 'full size' cabin bag may be stowed in the hold if the flight is full. Once you keep your valuables in the smaller bag no real problem. I think it will take a before RY passengers are comfortable with not queueing.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why are Ryanair advertising the new assignment seating as a way to get rid of queues?

Now theres a lovely little sign saying only the first 90 people on the plane are guaranteed a spot in the overhead bins, if they are full, it gets put down bellow and you have to wait to claim at the other end.

So clearly people are going to queue up to make sure they get a overhead bin

:confused:

Are they advertising it as a way to get of queues? I think they've mentioned reducing the mad dash to the aircraft alright.

So now that you can take 2 bags, the smaller one is guaranteed on board.

Priority boarding will remain for this very reason. If you pre book a premium seat then you will automatically get priority boarding and thus guaranteed to take both bags on board. If you just have a standard seat you can purchase priority boarding for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Booked flights with Ryanair to Edinburgh and was delighted to see the price I saw was the price I paid. No extra charges for checking in online, no extra charges for paying with visa debit. They still offer two pages of extras like insurance and car hire but it was a simple experience. They seem to have also reduced a lot of other things like the cost of baggage and you can now bring a second hand luggage piece like a handbag or perhaps a laptop case or man bag or something on top of your regular allowance.

Price was €48 per person return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

This might make using the website a bit easier for anyone woh flies Ryanair frequently.
    Customers can store their details using the 'My Ryanair' service, and access them when making bookings or checking in online at ryanair.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

If you book flights in a currency that's different to your credit card currency, Ryanair are now charging you in your home currency without giving you a choice (normally you can should be able to choose and let your bank convert the currency).

Of course their exchange rate is adding about 5% commission on top of what you should be paying.

I booked last week and the option was there and it is cheaper to let your card provider do the exchange rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

If you book flights in a currency that's different to your credit card currency, Ryanair are now charging you in your home currency without giving you a choice (normally you can should be able to choose and let your bank convert the currency).

Of course their exchange rate is adding about 5% commission on top of what you should be paying.

That's always been the case, but it's a browser issue as opposed to Ryanair being crafty. Try a difference browser next time.

To be fair, Ryanair are being crafty as the default should not be to convert the currancy

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

That's always been the case, but it's a browser issue as opposed to Ryanair being crafty. Try a difference browser next time.

It can't really be a browser issue. The browser only displays the code that's sent to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

If a cabin bag is say 24"x24", is there any chance of getting away with that? :/

If you can squish it into their frames.

It's a small suitcase unfortunately, I don't know if it's very squishable! :( I just don't know whether it's worth the risk. It probably depends on someone's mood!

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    It's a small suitcase unfortunately, I don't know if it's very squishable! :( I just don't know whether it's worth the risk. It probably depends on someone's mood!

It sounds a but too big to be worth risking it. It's a decent bit over the limits for a cabin bag. I'd pay the €15 and check it in online.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It sounds a but too big to be worth risking it. It's a decent bit over the limits for a cabin bag. I'd pay the €15 and check it in online.

Yeah I kind of thought so, was just chancing my arm! Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ryanair on twitter should be interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Hope someone can help me with this; we booked flights in a party of 8 to manchester in July. If one of the party cant make the outbound flight but is going on the next flight would I be better off to rebook them with a new return ticket at €50 (the change fee is €40) or would that affect the booking for the original party at all? I take it the return flight is forfeit if the outbound flight is not taken? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hope someone can help me with this; we booked flights in a party of 8 to manchester in July. If one of the party cant make the outbound flight but is going on the next flight would I be better off to rebook them with a new return ticket at €50 (the change fee is €40) or would that affect the booking for the original party at all? I take it the return flight is forfeit if the outbound flight is not taken? thanks

You can book a one way flight and then take the return flight on the original booking.

Ryanair are a point to point airline so you will not have a problem taking the return if you miss the outgoing leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

You can book a one way flight and then take the return flight on the original booking.

Ryanair are a point to point airline so you will not have a problem taking the return if you miss the outgoing leg.
    It can get messy if you tell the airline that one person is not travelling on the outgoing flight. So the simplest fix is that proposed by keithclancy: just buy the one-way, and say nothing about the other booking.

What does that help accomplish ?

Weirdo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

It can get messy if you tell the airline that one person is not travelling on the outgoing flight. So the simplest fix is that proposed by keithclancy: just buy the one-way, and say nothing about the other booking.
    Replacement flight cost less than the change fee: cheers all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

First experience of assigned seating...
    Everyone still queued up at the gate, not sure if this to make sure they get space for their bag as now they are only taking 80 bags on board or old habits.

There was no structure to boarding like aer lingus has maybe a matter of time before it's implemented like this.

I had two free seats beside me but my partner who was at the very last row ( was under a different reference) was not allowed move beside me as we were in different sections and you can only move if you are in the same section. Maybe some hidden logic behind it but I'm not sure what that could be.

• Advertisement

Misticles wrote: »
    I had two free seats beside me but my partner who was at the very last row ( was under a different reference) was not allowed move beside me as we were in different sections and you can only move if you are in the same section. Maybe some hidden logic behind it but I'm not sure what that could be.
    They'll fill the seats for weight distribution first. I was on a flight from Canada when the whole middle of the plane was empty and we were told we could move around after take-off. With the short flight-time and it being new they're probably just thinking it's handier to have everyone stay where they are for now at least.

Advertisement