Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Why , because I pay good money to use their service every week and I don't like being lied to although I'm used to it at this stage.
    Did the flights arrive on time? If so whats your problem? 95% late huh? Hard to believe that really. Flight times are set by the authorities. Small adjustments can be made by the airline and for different aircraft types etc. Ryanair have the same scheduled times as other airlines for the same route. +/-5 mins. Odd complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Why , because I pay good money to use their service every week and I don't like being lied to although I'm used to it at this stage.

They lied to you by getting you where you were supposed to be going on time?

If only Irish Rail were that dishonest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

MOH wrote: »
    They lied to you by getting you where you were supposed to be going on time?

If only Irish Rail were that dishonest :(

They are never on time, they vastly overestimate flight time.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Did the flights arrive on time? If so whats your problem? 95% late huh? Hard to believe that really. Flight times are set by the authorities. Small adjustments can be made by the airline and for different aircraft types etc. Ryanair have the same scheduled times as other airlines for the same route. +/-5 mins. Odd complaint.

No it didn't as it took off late so how can it arrive on time.

FR set flight times themselves not the authorities.

You don't believe me about 95% of flights I've been on, what if I was to tell you I actually timed every single flight I've been on since last year, just to see how many took off at the scheduled time, the results speak for themselves, I

I travel every single week with FR, rarely if ever does the actual flight depart on or before the time it has advertised, why advertise a flight time if your never going to depart at that time.

I don't mind allowing 5 minutes for when the plane is waiting to take off, but it's not and never has been anywhere near the 70 minutes advertised time.

Going around in bleedin circles here FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Captureb_vv.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus.. :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No it didn't as it took off late so how can it arrive on time.

FR set flight times themselves not the authorities.

You don't believe me about 95% of flights I've been on, what if I was to tell you I actually timed every single flight I've been on since last year, just to see how many took off at the scheduled time, the results speak for themselves, I

I travel every single week with FR, rarely if ever does the actual flight depart on or before the time it has advertised, why advertise a flight time if your never going to depart at that time.

I don't mind allowing 5 minutes for when the plane is waiting to take off, but it's not and never has been anywhere near the 70 minutes advertised time.

Going around in bleedin circles here FFS

Why do you keep travelling with them if they annoy you so much? You do know the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I would ask how many times your weekly flights have ended up late or cancelled, but that might annoy you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Fly Aer Lingus to Manchester and then get the train from Manchester Airport to Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Fly Aer Lingus to Manchester and then get the train from Manchester Airport to Leeds

Then he'd have nothing to moan about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

One thing to remember about flight times, the pilot has a certain amount of discretion as to the route ie in avoiding weather or taking a shorter route or going a little faster as he sees fit within his remit.

Why do you keep travelling with them if they annoy you so much? You do know the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I would ask how many times your weekly flights have ended up late or cancelled, but that might annoy you too.

Because (as I've stated numerous times) they are the only airline who fly to my destination, if EI flew there id pay the extra no problems.

I grin and bear flying with FR for the most part the sooner the plane is up and down the better but more things annoy me rather than please me about them.

For one I don't always fly to Leeds but when I do its much quicker to fly to LBA, saves me at least 2/3 hours plus added extras like train /coach fares.

Same if I'm flying to Stanstead rather than Heathrow, where I'm going isn't that far from Stansted whereas Heathrow would add on an extra 2+ hours plus train /coach extras.

As I said if both FR and EI both fly to the same airport almost every time I'll choose EI unless there's a really big price difference or times don't suit.

Ultimately the company decide on the published times and include whatever padding they need.

This is true hence the numerous time changes from 90 minutes to 70 minutes, etc

On that note I'd better pack my bag for tomorrow's flight :-D

I grin and bear flying with FR for the most part the sooner the plane is up and down the better but more things annoy me rather than please me about them.

I don't think your postings here about flying with Ryanair exemplify the concept of 'grin & bear it'

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

I booked a flight online for myself and my partner, booked all and left it at that. Day before went to check in, as per Ryanair I had booked myself 2 seats in my name, instead of 1 in mine and 1 in my partners name.

I contacted ryanair and(after a lot of arsing about) they told me I could book another seat in my partners name then they would cancel one of the seats in my name. I ended up €70 out of pocket for the difference.

Now I will swear on the bible I did not book those original seats both in my own name, but is there any point putting in a complaint to ryanair and what is the procedure for this?

What does your booking email say? Do you auto form fill in enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Booking email had my name down twice and I dont use any auto form fill in software.

I don't think your postings here about flying with Ryanair exemplify the concept of 'grin & bear it'

Well that's exactly what I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mattser

Someone told me they're allocating seats now to everyone, even if you don't buy them. Is this true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mattser

On a return flight or separate bookings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

spodoinkle wrote: »
    I booked a flight online for myself and my partner, booked all and left it at that. Day before went to check in, as per Ryanair I had booked myself 2 seats in my name, instead of 1 in mine and 1 in my partners name.

I contacted ryanair and(after a lot of arsing about) they told me I could book another seat in my partners name then they would cancel one of the seats in my name. I ended up €70 out of pocket for the difference.

Now I will swear on the bible I did not book those original seats both in my own name, but is there any point putting in a complaint to ryanair and what is the procedure for this?

This seems to be your starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Interesting, were you a single traveller on both trips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

interesting. A single traveller allocated a window seat on both legs. just trying to figure out how they are allocating the seats, ie at random, pattern, couples etc etc. Complaints on bbc norn iron last week about a family being split up. can't see what they were complaining about myself, you know the rules, if you want to sit together buy the seats........ On the other hand, just coincidence or good luck EJ have never split us up. If I booked two of us together we have always got AB or EF, when I booked us seperately (most are familiar with the 'only 1 left at this fare')by checking in immediately one after the other we have always been allocated C or D. Sort of a pattern, others have different experiences. fwiw Aer Lingus have seperated us when we booked seperately, but with AL you can change the seat easily enough for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Guys my girlfriend just left her phone on a Ryanair plan coming from Edinburgh to Dublin. Who should she call in the morning, Ryanair or DAA? What is the usual procedure? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Guys my girlfriend just left her phone on a Ryanair plan coming from Edinburgh to Dublin. Who should she call in the morning, Ryanair or DAA? What is the usual procedure? Cheers!

If it was found by Ryanair they'll hand it in to lost property in Dublin. +353 (0)1 814 5555

Advertisement