Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

Gotta HATE Ryanair when they do this.
    Admittedly I have to change my return flight from Liverpool due to the poxes in Sky changing the LFC vs. Chelsea fixture in April. So now those wonderful people in Ryanair are looking for a massive 150EUR to change my flight to the last flight of the day back. Disgusted at the fixture change to start with, but twice as peeved to be fleeced by O'Leary and his bandits....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You could take the ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

Admittedly I have to change my return flight from Liverpool due to the poxes in Sky changing the LFC vs. Chelsea fixture in April. So now those wonderful people in Ryanair are looking for a massive 150EUR to change my flight to the last flight of the day back. Disgusted at the fixture change to start with, but twice as peeved to be fleeced by O'Leary and his bandits....

fly back from manchester?

Trampas wrote: »
    fly back from manchester?
    stupid prices from both Aer Lingus and Ryanair....
    I think the last Aer Lingus flight is 8 pm or something like that anyway, it'd be tight to make that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This post has been deleted.

I checked in for a day trip to London later in the month. I was the first to check in for the departing flight (sequence 1) and got 18A, I was the 6th (sequence 6) to check in for the return flight and got 18F. So it seems it's filling non prime seats row by row?

• Advertisement

You could take the ferry
    No foot passengers allowed apparently....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Again, it was probably cheaper just to book a new flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

so sequence 1 each time was 18a, and sequence 6 was 18f. Pattern there alright. Wonder if a couple were checking in and got sequence 6 and 7 would they get 18f and possibly 19a (or some other 'a)
    Quite possible if they are following in sequence, and if so there is a chance a couple could be split up, even checking in early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Second time on a 6.25 to STN and the quiet flight was not observed.
    Lights on for the whole flight and selling of the scratch cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

This thread should really be moved to the travel or aircraft forum - it is not about consumer issues anymore, just discussion about an airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

jameshayes wrote: »
    This thread should really be moved to the travel or aircraft forum - it is not about consumer issues anymore, just discussion about an airline.

We are all consumers of said airlines services expressing our issues about that airlines service....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Misticles wrote: »
    We are all consumers of said airlines services expressing our issues about that airlines service....

in the interest of fairness, in that case, we should have a thread about every organisation offering goods/services - not just single one out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

in the interest of fairness, in that case, we should have a thread about every organisation offering goods/services - not just single one out.

There's always been a lot of interest in the customer service policies and procedures by Ryanair, especially recently with the number of changes made. At least this thread means they're kept in one place.

If another company gets many different complaints / comments, then it might be deemed necessary to give them a stickied thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Does any other business give rise to so many posts, the large majority of which are dealing with consumers' experiences of the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@jameshayes Please do not clog up the thread like this. If you have an opinion on a thread, please use the Report Post functionality, contact a mod or use the Feedback forum.

Back on topic please - Ryanair discussion only

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Took a flight w Ryanair this weekend (Malta-Dublin)
    Purchased some perfume with my card, and when i tried to pay the food and drinks with it, i was told that i can use the same card once per flight, so i was forced to use cash, or my other card.

Have anyone heard anything like this before?

finnteme wrote: »
    Took a flight w Ryanair this weekend (Malta-Dublin)
    Purchased some perfume with my card, and when i tried to pay the food and drinks with it, i was told that i can use the same card once per flight, so i was forced to use cash, or my other card.

Have anyone heard anything like this before?

Pretty normal, Offline Transactions are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Anyone else having problems with the new Ryanair website? Seems to be running very slow picking destinations and selecting the travel dates in the calendar can make the computer hang. Then if you do manage to get as far as selecting a flight and edit the destination, the outbound date jumps back to tomorrow. Not having any problems with any other website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Anyone else having problems with the new Ryanair website? Seems to be running very slow picking destinations and selecting the travel dates in the calendar can make the computer hang. Then if you do manage to get as far as selecting a flight and edit the destination, the outbound date jumps back to tomorrow. Not having any problems with any other website.

I blame the slide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Misticles wrote: »
    Second time on a 6.25 to STN and the quiet flight was not observed.
    Lights on for the whole flight and selling of the scratch cards.
    Ah yeah it's been like that now for ages, regular fliers haven't noticed any difference except the on time jingle has become even cheesier, sounds like a chipmunk on speed lol , coming back from Malaga on Sunday and the flight departs 40 minutes late, the captain apologies about the late departure and says will try and make time up but it still took 3 hours instead of 2 hours 25 minutes which is pretty standard for Dub - Mal but upon arrival the chipmunk on time jingle comes on as everyone laughs, you couldn't make it up!!

FR still a laughing stock, but on this particular occasion they did actually come in much cheaper than EI but funnily enough going over where considerably dearer.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It's not just you. A friend of mine was complaining about it, saying it was unuseably slow. Not sure what the cause is, and I haven't used it myself to see how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

jonnny68 wrote: »

FR still a laughing stock, but on this particular occasion they did actually come in much cheaper than EI but funnily enough going over where considerably dearer.

Oh is that so?

I think the problem is people are expecting a 1990s experience for 2014 money.

The days of flying being for the rich and classy are long gone as is the high price tag.

Saying that I've never had a problem with Ryanair and I fly quite frequently, even with the strict baggage rules I just followed them.

Time wise I've had less interruption with Ryanair than other airlines, maybe its because they fly from Smaller airports so other delays have less of a knock on effect.

Although i've had a similar experience with BMI Baby vs KLM on the same route, KLM are almost always late, wherease BMI Baby were usually always on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Same, I've only ever been delayed twice with Ryanair (both times really badly) but every other flight has been on time or early. Their prices are great, they opened up routes from regional airports in Ireland to great destinations and if you follow their rules you'll have no problems. We always carry only hand luggage and we weigh it before leaving home to make sure it's below the weight.

In knock airport they never ever check the luggage anyway but you always get them checking everything on the way back especially from Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

fr336 wrote: »
    Oh is that so?

Yeah it is the amount of flights I've been on where it's departed late and they've still churned out the cringeworthy on time jingle and people just shake their heads and laugh, or have a '' WTF '' look on their face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Yeah it is the amount of flights I've been on where it's departed late and they've still churned out the cringeworthy on time jingle and people just shake their heads and laugh, or have a '' WTF '' look on their face!!

So despite completely driving down ticket prices across Europe and being the most on-time airline in Europe, the cringy jingle means all that is for nothing? :rolleyes:

Ryanair are a victim of their success. Yes you may get slightly better service on pricier airlines, but not by much. The same airlines, the facts show, are less on time than FR and can in many instances be even trickier than them when things go pearshaped (FR have the flexibility to keep everything moving with delays rather than flat out cancelling everything when a bit of snow or whatever comes along).

The dearer airlines get away with so much compared to Ryanair it's ridiculous. People seem more interested in appearances and misplaced pride than the facts of life - nobody but the rich would be complaining about flying all over Europe (or even across the Irish sea) if it wasn't for Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

fr336 wrote: »
    So despite completely driving down ticket prices across Europe and being the most on-time airline in Europe, the cringy jingle means all that is for nothing? :rolleyes:

Ryanair are a victim of their success. Yes you may get slightly better service on pricier airlines, but not by much. The same airlines, the facts show, are less on time than FR and can in many instances be even trickier than them when things go pearshaped (FR have the flexibility to keep everything moving with delays rather than flat out cancelling everything when a bit of snow or whatever comes along).

The dearer airlines get away with so much compared to Ryanair it's ridiculous. People seem more interested in appearances and misplaced pride than the facts of life - nobody but the rich would be complaining about flying all over Europe (or even across the Irish sea) if it wasn't for Ryanair.

I think it's more a matter of them having done what they were paid to do (fly me somewhere at a given time) and then bells and whistles go off to congratulate themselves for doing so. If every service provider was to broadcast jingle's every time they met their basic level of delivery of their product the country would be awash with noise.
    I accept they give me a good service at a decent price but please cut out the self congratulatory nonsense. I have flown as cheaply and as efficiently with others who just get on with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I think it's more a matter of them having done what they were paid to do (fly me somewhere at a given time) and then bells and whistles go off to congratulate themselves for doing so. If every service provider was to broadcast jingle's every time they met their basic level of delivery of their product the country would be awash with noise.
    I accept they give me a good service at a decent price but please cut out the self congratulatory nonsense. I have flown as cheaply and as efficiently with others who just get on with it!

Agreed. Just back from short break using EJ, on time leaving Belfast and arrived slightly early, no bells or whistles, just job done. Return on time.

Booked outward flights with RY in Sept, cheaper by a mile than others, return leg however was much cheaper by AL, even allowing for that €7 credit card charge. You really have to cheak out all the prices on offer and not accept that Ryanair are always the cheapest (to be fair, they are the cheapest most of the time)

Advertisement