Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

phill106 wrote: »
    Triple A version is also 1 euro. Ends in 948

Got some today thanks . The girl who took off the security tags said they had loads in the store and they are only putting out a few at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Soarer wrote: »
    Need to pick up a tv for the young fella who got Skylanders from Santa.

So if anyone knows of any of the Cork stores that have any, I'd be eternally greatful.

No reduced tvs in mahon. Was told that staff got a lot of them. Wasn't very hopeful anyway as I'd say anyone who gets one at this stage would be very lucky. Did get a 20 euro epson printer though. Was marked at 99 on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Popped into tesco Roxboro, Limerick. Small selection of items. Mostly those philips and oral b electric toothbrushes. I picked up a 16gb sandisk usb drive for 10.50. There are about 4 left. There was some printers for €20. An epson Small-in-one and another one that I can't remember. A canon or brother maybe. Nothing great that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

So either staff know and are keeping them for themselves or they don't know and we need to ask someone to scan

lindtee wrote: »
    No reduced tvs in mahon. Was told that staff got a lot of them. Wasn't very hopeful anyway as I'd say anyone who gets one at this stage would be very lucky. Did get a 20 euro epson printer though. Was marked at 99 on the shelf.

How did you check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Just in tesco extra Clearwater. Saw staff dragging LG box out back. No Sony 42" on display, but there are LG. Took the little card from beside display and scanned at price check, 32" is €349 as on display, the 42" (LS3400) scanned as €200! Asked for one, but told out of stock, said only special left is a display samsung €350 46".

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

None of the TV's were marked down or had the yellow special price you had to ask for the TV to be scanned as they were scanning in at €150 for the Sony 42" but still had the full price of 499.00 stuck to them.

The same for the buffalo 2tb it was not marked up with the €30 price tag but rather €119/€129 but when scanned it was €30

Sony Bravia bar code is : 4905524783261/08
    IMG_0738_zps48f91717.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

None of the TV's were marked down or had the yellow special price you had to ask for the TV to be scanned as they were scanning in at €150 for the Sony 42" but still had the full price of 499.00 stuck to them.

The same for the buffalo 2tb it was not marked up with the €30 price tag but rather €119/€129 but when scanned it was €30

Sony Bravia bar code is : 4905524783261/08
    IMG_0738_zps48f91717.jpg

I just checked clarehall, the TVs are coming up at €150, I checked for the buffalo 2tb linkstation hd, but it scanned at €189 or something like that.

They have no 32 or 42 inch TVs left in stock and all were between €120 and €150. I have the tickets for each of the TVs if anyone wants me to upload pics so they have the barcode

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

cloneslad wrote: »
    I just checked clarehall, the TVs are coming up at €150, I checked for the buffalo 2tb linkstation hd, but it scanned at €189 or something like that.

They have no 32 or 42 inch TVs left in stock and all were between €120 and €150. I have the tickets for each of the TVs if anyone wants me to upload pics so they have the barcode

Was standing waiting for stock check in Clare hall when I read this post! Still no stock btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

None in Galway shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

How did you check?

How did I check the price of the Epson or how did I check they didn't have the tvs? I asked a member of staff about the TVs and was told. I scanned the printer (and a few other things which weren't reduced :( ) based on posts here to get the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

None in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

No reduced price 42" TV's (LG or Sony's) available in Maynooth ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

RayCon wrote: »
    No reduced price 42" TV's (LG or Sony's) available in Maynooth ... :(

Any smaller 32" tv's or hdd on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Are people going in to shops, seeing TVs priced at 500 and bringing them up to see if they scan at a different price? Or was there TVs with 150 stuck on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

None in Carlow either!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Asked in Tesco Oranmore, one of the managers more or less said staff took full advantage at that price. Kind of crap really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

lfbmick wrote: »
    Any smaller 32" tv's or hdd on sale?

Didn't see any - sorry ....

There were a few Panasonic Blu Ray players (DMP-BDT120) reduced to €60 - seem to be £100 on Amazon - might of use to someone

The buffalo hdd was a 2tb drivestation for €30.. I got this in Tesco Ballybeg Waterford yesterday morning.

A14DF12A-0E23-4059-9E45-2C681D0EAC92_zps3uz0hync.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

cloneslad wrote: »

Please could you upload pics, trying to find TVs but having no luck

• Advertisement

they pulled a stroke in Tesco tramore last night, 3 sony bravia 32" tvs out in open priced at €349, all gone this morning, kicking myself that I did not get them scanned last night

here is a pic of the box for Sony bravia. I got this from page 362.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/377680/286204.jpg

they pulled a stroke in Tesco tramore last night, 3 sony bravia 32" tvs out in open priced at €349, all gone this morning, kicking myself that I did not get them scanned last night

Ask the staff to check the back if you did not already because I had to ask staff to check for the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

here is a pic of the box for Sony bravia. I got this from page 362.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/377680/286204.jpg

From that photo I think (emphasis on THINK!) they have a few of those in Clearwater if it's any help to someone - they're not in the reduced section but at the regular TV section at the very back of the store. Not 100% sure as I've said so please don't blame me if it's a wasted journey!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The buffalo hdd was a 2tb drivestation for €30.. I got this in Tesco Ballybeg Waterford yesterday morning.

A14DF12A-0E23-4059-9E45-2C681D0EAC92_zps3uz0hync.jpg

I checked that in two tesco's in Limerick. 119 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Got one of these in roscrea is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Anyone notice any cheap electric kettles in Clearwater or Clare Hall? Mine has decided to give up the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

From that photo I think (emphasis on THINK!) they have a few of those in Clearwater if it's any help to someone - they're not in the reduced section but at the regular TV section at the very back of the store. Not 100% sure as I've said so please don't blame me if it's a wasted journey!

Only the 32 inch and it's €329 or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

shannon82 wrote: »
    Got one of these in roscrea is it any good?

should be fine, not much of a bargain though (there are 500GB USB3 drives on Amazon for less than 50)

dropped into the Greystones store yesterday, no TVs or hard drives. Some tablets for 75 which didn't look particularly great and some cameras marked "Windows Vista Compatible" which gives you an idea how old they are... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Vojera wrote: »
    Anyone notice any cheap electric kettles in Clearwater or Clare Hall? Mine has decided to give up the ghost.

Argos has a Russell hobbs one for 32 it half price up until the 31st

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement