Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Vojera wrote: »
    Anyone notice any cheap electric kettles in Clearwater or Clare Hall? Mine has decided to give up the ghost.

Tonnes of kettles (and matching toasters) yesterday in Clearwater. I'd be surprised if they're all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

MarkR wrote: »
    I checked that in two tesco's in Limerick. 119 :(

did you scan it because it was marked up as that price but if you scanned it it was €30

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Just come back from 3 tescos in Cork,

On Mahon point Tesco they have 3 pink ipod nano 8gb 6th gen for 50 euro at the customer service desk, they also have one samsung 46" 5 series Led tv for 350 euro.

On Tesco Douglas they have one LG 19" LG19lv250 its a last one, and when i go to check the price at the till the women say its not showin up in the system...so dont know what the story is but someone hire says they are going for 80 euros. So maybe talking with some stuff member more about it it is a chance to bay it at this price...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

stedeb wrote: »
    Just dropped in to tesco cabra maple centre and got the little tykes cosy coupe police car 20 euro absolute bargain

anyone seen these anywhere else? was it just a one off i wonder, none of the 5 waterford tescos have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Good few blu-ray players keft in Naas at 4pm today. Panasonic , LG etc .... price 40 50 & 60 Euro .... not entirely sure of specs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Got another Toshiba blu-ray player (hidden at the back of a pile of full priced Samsungs) in Maynooth. Price 15 Euro. Exact same player on 'special' in Celbridge 60 Euro.

They also have a few of those 50 Euro 320Gb Toshiba e-Store drives in Celbridge- seems very pricey to me!

Maynooth have a pile of sand buckets, sea shapes etc in with the ink cartridges- scanning @ 10c each- maybe someone would like to put a few away for next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Some good bargains to be had which haven't yet been mentioned so far in this thread include:
    RS 110 Sennheiser Wireless Headphones €12; Amazon link here
    Pure One Flow Portable Internet Radio €50 Amazon link here
    JVC Headphones for IPod/IPhone €1 Amazon link here
    HP 4GB Flash Drive €1
    Roth Sub Zero Soundbar €50 Amazon link here

Was in Naas Tesco on a couple of occasions and there were groups of people descending on the cages as stuff was brought from stores. For example one group had 4 Dell Inspiron Laptops in their trolley. Anything worthwhile didn't make it to the shelves.
    I suggest you keep your eyes peeled in other locations.
    Good Luck Bargain Hunters...!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Dec4 wrote: »
    Some good bargains to be had which haven't yet been mentioned so far in this thread include:
    RS 110 Sennheiser Wireless Headphones €12; Amazon link here
    Pure One Flow Portable Internet Radio €50 Amazon link here
    JVC Headphones for IPod/IPhone €1 Amazon link here
    HP 4GB Flash Drive €1
    Roth Sub Zero Soundbar €50 Amazon link here

Was in Naas Tesco on a couple of occasions and there were groups of people descending on the cages as stuff was brought from stores. For example one group had 4 Dell Inspiron Laptops in their trolley. Anything worthwhile didn't make it to the shelves.
    I suggest you keep your eyes peeled in other locations.
    Good Luck Bargain Hunters...!

Any idea how much the Dell laptops were going for? Really could do with a new laptop.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Doing my head in that everyone seems to be seeing these bargains and I can't spot a single offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

craggy2 wrote: »
    Any idea how much the Dell laptops were going for? Really could do with a new laptop.....
    €175 I think but no idea on specs other than that they seemed to have AMD processor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Dec4 wrote: »
    €175 I think but no idea on specs other than that they seemed to have AMD processor...

There were about 10-12 on the shelf in Naas yesterday priced €150. No specs at all in the box. Just 2 labels, one with the distribution warehouse address, and the other with big AMD on it

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Luckily got a 3d 32" Sony today - €150 in maynooth. Took display model but they said they couldn't sell any more display models.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

My other half is trawling through all the tescos in Cork, he got a Philips 3d bluray player in Wilton for €40 happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

My other half said there are a few of these in Douglas downstairs by the customer service desk if anyone is looking for one. They are turned on their side so you can't see the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

got lg 19" led tv in tesco poleberry for €80 we rang first and said they have 1 left asked the staff and said there's none left. we asked a different staff and said the same thing told her was told on the phone that there's one left so she checked inside and walk out with one.

got a philips aqua touch plus wet n dry shaver in tesco ardkeen marked at €60 but scanned at €30 still few left before we went home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭bren2001

Heard a tesco staff say she bought 3 TVs and another leaving with a 32 sony bravia. Meanwhile there was a woman trying to find one but kept being told they were never on sale. Tesco clarehall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

bren2001 wrote: »
    Heard a tesco staff say she bought 3 TVs and another leaving with a 32 sony bravia. Meanwhile there was a woman trying to find one but kept being told they were never on sale. Tesco clarehall.

That's what I mean by a select few. Keep sthum about what's out the back give to their cronies or buy them all themselves while the rest of staff are the same as customers and just have to watch them goin out. happens every time and its the same people. Pure greed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

did you scan it because it was marked up as that price but if you scanned it it was €30

I scanned it as well in limerick, on saturday, still down as 119 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

deise08 wrote: »
    That's what I mean by a select few. Keep sthum about what's out the back give to their cronies or buy them all themselves while the rest of staff are the same as customers and just have to watch them goin out. happens every time and its the same people. Pure greed
    It's human nature condoned by bad management.

Don't shop at Tesco - simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lissavane wrote: »
    It's human nature condoned by bad management.

Don't shop at Tesco - simple.

Very harsh. It's a small perk of working in a dead end job in tesco. I don't begrudge the staff such perks if they get the items first. If however they are hiding the items out the back and lying to customers telling them they don't have stock, then that is the type of employee that management would do well to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

zarquon wrote: »
    Very harsh. It's a small perk of working in a dead end job in tesco. I don't begrudge the staff such perks if they get the items first. If however they are hiding the items out the back and lying to customers telling them they don't have stock, then that is the type of employee that management would do well to get rid of.

Don't be so judgemental. I have worked for Tesco for 26 years and have never regarded it as a dead end job.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Furbys down to €30 Euro in Tesco Dundrum. A couple of yellow ones and one teal one on sale shelf, but may have been more in the toy aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

deise08 wrote: »
    Give us a break, which one of us here wouldn't do exactly the same given the chance, I know I would. Just sour grapes begrudging Tesco staff, it happens in all sorts of places, we just don't hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alliemac

The buffalo hdd was a 2tb drivestation for €30.. I got this in Tesco Ballybeg Waterford yesterday morning.

A14DF12A-0E23-4059-9E45-2C681D0EAC92_zps3uz0hync.jpg

I am not very technical but is this an external hard drive I could use for storing photos? They had a few in my tesco but marked at 119€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

In balbriggan tonight.
    Got the epson 405 printer for €20 sel was marked at €129 didnt see any more there. had a look at tvs i brought the 32 inch braviva over to self scan but came up at marked priced of €399. Got a couple of the batteries for €1 both sizes still few left too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

alliemac wrote: »
    I am not very technical but is this an external hard drive I could use for storing photos? They had a few in my tesco but marked at 119€
    Yes, it's an external hard drive, great storage space too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

20% off all Itunes giftcards until 12/01

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Hi all,

Just a quick update that Mr Trilogy got the display Sony Bravia for €150 in Tesco Stillorgan this morning- had been around a number of Tesco's yesterday and the staff in Stillorgan had suggested speaking with the manager this am, so the alarm was set!!

May be worth asking for other displays - they have a samsung 40" LED still on display for €125 but apparently missing a few bits (in fairness, we're missing 2 screws for the base but intend to hang it anyway, so no big deal)

Happy hunting!!

T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

madanall wrote: »
    Don't be so judgemental. I have worked for Tesco for 26 years and have never regarded it as a dead end job.

Plenty of posts on here attacking Tesco staff and yet you chose to argue with one of the posters who defend the staff for snapping up bargains.

As you are 26 years in the company and it's not a dead end job then i assume you are now in senior managment :rolleyes:

To stay on topic, none of these bargains are in Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

weird... I had a look at Tesco.ie before going to the Clare Hall store, plenty of chocolates and Xmas goodies were on sale. I went to the shop and sure enough, most items were greatly reduced, got plenty to give out to friends (it's nicer than a bottle of wine when invited to dinner and some people in the household don't drink).
    I gave a Tesco Finest chocolate jewel box to my best friend, another friend saw it and commented how lovely it was so I decided to get one for her too. But it's now back to full price online. When I checked the prices of the other chocolate boxes I had bought (yesterday), all were back to full price. Has anyone seen any chocolate gift boxes reduced today?

BTW, Aldi has cheese selections and Xmas meats selections reduced (not Lidl, though)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement