Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Thanks for the info all, tried there this morning but too late, not one to be seen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

zarquon wrote: »
    Plenty of posts on here attacking Tesco staff and yet you chose to argue with one of the posters who defend the staff for snapping up bargains.

As you are 26 years in the company and it's not a dead end job then i assume you are now in senior managment :rolleyes:

To stay on topic, none of these bargains are in Galway!

The exernal hard drive is/was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

zarquon wrote: »
    As you are 26 years in the company and it's not a dead end job then i assume you are now in senior managment :rolleyes:

What on earth makes you think 26 years with a company entitles anyone to a senior management position? Any job you can hold for 26 years is a pretty good one IMO.

On topic, these bargains are spread around the country, Tesco Drogheda has Tom Toms at €50, lots of cameras at half price, SD cards ranging in size from 4gb €5 to 8gh at €8, lots of energy saver bulbs for €1 and great prices on Duracell batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Clarehall had about three Panasonic DMP-BD75 blu ray players left for €50 when I was there an hour ago (unless there's more out the back). I decided not to pick one up myself since making the dvd part region-free isn't as straightforward as other players.

There was also a big bucket as you go through the barriers filled with different printer inks, priced from 5 cent to €1 but you'll have to be prepared to root around.

No sign of USB sticks or hard drives.

Also, some cheap enough washing machines (a very small one for €100 and a larger one for about €160, both Tesco own-brand as far as I could see). They were in the wide aisle on the right after the cards and stationery.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

phill106 wrote: »
    I scanned it as well in limerick, on saturday, still down as 119 :(

thats mad isnt would thought they were scanning in the same in all Tescos :confused:
    hopefully you will get one

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    I scanned it as well in limerick, on saturday, still down as 119 :(
    alliemac wrote: »
    I am not very technical but is this an external hard drive I could use for storing photos? They had a few in my tesco but marked at 119€

Yes it is, they were marked up that price in my tesco too but once scanned in they came up 30e which is a bargain:)

bladespin wrote: »
    SD cards ranging in size from 4gb €5 to 8gh at €8, lots of energy saver bulbs for €1 and great prices on Duracell batteries.

I was looking for one or two of these but every Tesco I was in in Waterford had them at 25/30 euro. dead handy for the sat-nav and camera

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Anyone know any store with stocks of the 30 euro hard drives or Sennheiser wireless headphones left? Was in Drogheda and Balbriggan today but there was nothing left....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Clarehall have a load of TVs in a basket at the front of the store. I got the display model of the 42inch Sony Bravia for €150 though it came without a remote or the base stand,

Did anyone buy one and get a base that they won't use? I would buy it if you did

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

cloneslad wrote: »
    Clarehall have a load of TVs in a basket at the front of the store. I got the display model of the 42inch Sony Bravia for €150 though it came without a remote or the base stand,

Did anyone buy one and get a base that they won't use? I would buy it if you did
    how long ago were you there?
    i don't suppose you'd be willing to hold on to a 42" sony while i race up there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Was just on Longford and very little on display there is one Toshiba 32HL933B up on the highest shelf and no one around to ask as to the price. All blu ray players scanning at shelf price of between 69 and 100. Loads of €5 8gb ads disk USB sticks. And the Technika 3D Blu Ray player that I think someone mentioned as being €25 in another Tesco is shelf priced at €109 but scanning at €50

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

I got toshiba bdx3300kb blu ray for 45€ Wifi etc pretty good one:-) few left in Kildare town tesco, there was few toshiba without wifi for 35€

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Anyone seen and tv or bluray deals in the South Dublin area? Tallaght is useless and didn't try nutgrove, Dundrum or others?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Anyone seen and tv or bluray deals in the South Dublin area? Tallaght is useless and didn't try nutgrove, Dundrum or others?

No TV's in Dundrum Last night anyway...
    None in Merrion Tesco either, but then again don't know if they have tv's there usually anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

There were Sony and Toshiba BluRay players at Balybrack this morning on special .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Interestingly I picked up something today in Tesco Waterford that was marked over €120 and when I scanned, it read €25.
    I went to the till and the assistant said "they are great value" before she even scanned it?????? Which meant she knew they were €25.
    Also found a 2tb buffalo drive but it scanned at €189

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Interestingly I picked up something today in Tesco Waterford that was marked over €120 and when I scanned, it read €25.
    I went to the till and the assistant said "they are great value" before she even scanned it?????? Which meant she knew they were €25.
    Also found a 2tb buffalo drive but it scanned at €189

Go on ya big tease, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Mr Bob wrote: »
    how long ago were you there?
    i don't suppose you'd be willing to hold on to a 42" sony while i race up there? :D

Sorry mate, I was over in airside when I sent that and was on my way to Monaghan. I took the last 42 but I think the 51 was €250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Go on ya big tease, what was it?

not saying as I am on lookout for a second one ;)

Its nearly worth pre-scanning half the shop at this stage as they are not indicating what is reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spotted some 200mbps Homeplug Adaptors in Tesco Drogheda just there for €20 down from €47 haven't used those ones myself but have used some others and found them great for black spots in wifi coverage in the house.

Oh and my mum picked up 3 pack of F&F branded ties last night €6 scanned at 50c !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

not saying as I am on lookout for a second one ;)

Its nearly worth pre-scanning half the shop at this stage as they are not indicating what is reduced.

Give us the exact price we can all start scanning;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tallaght no longer have scanners on the shop floor!
    Asked an assistant why and answer was "because it's causing havoc
    with the tills". :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

scanner in Greystones doesn't work i've tried it a few times in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

I've been trying to get a Buffalo 2TB HD since Stephens day and I keep getting told that they don't have them, they never had them, or they don't know anything about the offer. Since heard that others managed to get them in the same stores I was trying after they told me they didn't have them. :(

Long shot here, but on the off chance anyone has picked up an extra one of these they don't want, I'd love to buy one along with any extra costs!

Or if anyone knows what stores have them, please let me know.

Thanks and happy bargain hunting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Well so far I have managed to pick up a Sony BluRay player for €30, Buffalo hdd for €30, Sony Bravia 32" TV for €150, and a Phillips Micro Music system for €30 ( these are priced €179 in Harvey Norman and on sale there for €99) and plenty of AA duracell batteries for €1........Not 1 of these items was marked reduced in store.They were all in their regular places and it was a case of scan and see. Delighted with my bargins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Lillibeth wrote: »
    Well so far I have managed to pick up a Sony BluRay player for €30, Buffalo hdd for €30, Sony Bravia 32" TV for €150, and a Phillips Micro Music system for €30 ( these are priced €179 in Harvey Norman and on sale there for €99) and plenty of AA duracell batteries for €1........Not 1 of these items was marked reduced in store.They were all in their regular places and it was a case of scan and see. Delighted with my bargins!!

Hi, which Tesco was that? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Next time on shoping let me know, I'll go with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

It was Edenderry. There were still some Sony BluRay players left tonight. No Buffalo hdd left..... I wouldn't trust any of the on shelf prices at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

not saying as I am on lookout for a second one ;)...

Lol, thought this thread was for reporting bargains;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Lillibeth wrote: »

Are you taking the tickets out and scanning yourself or getting assistants to do it. Which tescos was this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement